Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad we got Collins....long term and a quality addition.
Crowder isn't worth what the Jets are paying him.
So our WR stocks seems like we are are sticking with Doctson (pull your finger out and work hard Josh!)
Richardson, Doctson, Floyd should get a contract if he can get back to his best deserves a crack at 6'3" and great hands.
Maybe Tate seeing DeSean is going back to Philly? Him or Crabtree would be great acquisitions.
Still need to build on the OL and a G. Must keep AP and Preston Smith.

Funny you say Crowder isn't worth the money when you overpaid more for Collins than anyone did for a player in FA. Honestly, he's barely an upgrade on Swearinger.

Funny you say Crowder isn't worth the money when you overpaid more for Collins than anyone did for a player in FA. Honestly, he's barely an upgrade on Swearinger.

Collins is a 3 time All Pro, a better tackler and is only 25 years old we now have him through his prime.
Crowder has had zero 1000 yard seasons in 4 years and isn't worth 9mill per season where we can prob get Crabtree for 5 to 7 for two years

Collins is a 3 time All Pro, a better tackler and is only 25 years old we now have him through his prime.
Crowder has had zero 1000 yard seasons in 4 years and isn't worth 9mill per season where we can prob get Crabtree for 5 to 7 for two years

Collins is garbage in pass coverage, one dementional safety, all in all he's more an extra lb than anything else. If I'm paying that much to a SS I want more than someone being great in run defense who's a liability on the field in 3rd down situations.

Crowder being a decent/quality slot receiver is huge for Gases system. Crowder's injury history is a concern but the Jets didn't massively over pay for someone who will be great for Darnold IF he can stay fit. Crabtree isnt much different than a player you already have in Doctson, he was garbage quite frankly for Baltimore last year, by no means would he replace Crowder or his skill set.

Maurice Harris showed some flashes last year, perhaps the coaching staff just really likes him, he's a much different slot reciever than Crowder is tho. .

Last edited:

I see spelling isn't your forte either :) it's "dimensional"

Or perhaps you're a little deluded, demented and delusional.

Gees, grammar police out at 5:30am, I wasn't aware they started this early, my sincere apologies.

Kittle is very good, but this is a beat down of epic proportions, its a no contest,not the type of thing id like seeing from a guy my team has given max money to..

Need a WR bad... a tall one who can catch. I'm disappointed we let Harris and Floyd go!

Could we afford Demayrius Thomas? Probably not.
Dez? would certainly make the NFC East a lot more interesting
Brandon Lafell or Kelvin Benjamin may be the two we could obtain.

A pretty skinny receiving corp even if we decide to play 2 x TE

I'm glad we filled some obvious holes in the first round. I didn't want to see us trade up from #15 and I don't mind burning the 2nd rounder (and next years 2nd) to move back in to the first.

Haskins gives us another young QB to try and build out team around. I hope we've finally hit on a 1st round QB.
He seems accurate, strong and seems to have a good football IQ. Hopefully he can learn from Gruden and an experienced QB room.

I hope the stories of Sweat having heart problems were nothing to worry about and his slide becomes the story of legend. He brings speed and athleticism to the D so here's hoping he's healthy and well.

Outside of the Collins signing I've loved everything you've done, huge winners this off-season, fantastic draft. If the roster can stay healthy you're a division contender. Won't surprise me if you guys even made a Superbowl run honestly, roster is that stacked. Love the defense and love how the offense is built around your QB with a run game and OLine. Flashy recievers not required,do like the pick of McLaurin tho.

Get excited boys, i would be.

Outside of the Collins signing I've loved everything you've done, huge winners this off-season, fantastic draft. If the roster can stay healthy you're a division contender. Won't surprise me if you guys even made a Superbowl run honestly, roster is that stacked. Love the defense and love how the offense is built around your QB with a run game and OLine. Flashy recievers not required,do like the pick of McLaurin tho.

Get excited boys, i would be.
Yeah it's a strange offseason from the norm. Given we had so many holes, and addressed them in the draft it looks good. I expected us to focus more of the offensive side of the ball and we seemed to do that.
If we hit on most of these picks this is the kind of draft that contenders are built from. Let's see where we're at at the end of pre-season.

Of the picks (quick analysis from Draftek website) :
ROUND 1, PICK 15 (15th overall): Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
We needed a QB plain and simple. I'm glad we didn't trade up for him, from all accounts he has the tools to be a good QB.
(Pocket passer who shows leadership, good accuracy and arm strength. Reads the field very well with the ability to make all the throws, makes throws into tight windows and won't force the ball when he has a clean pocket. Does get happy feet when pressured and can be forced into making bad throws.)

ROUND 1, PICK 26 (26th overall): Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State
We've needed a pass rusher for years. Questions of a heart problem caused him to slide, I hope that proves to be nothing.
( Might be the definition of what you look for in an edge rusher. Tall, long arms, big hands and great feet. He shows good get off against the tackle with ability to win in a variety of way. He can win to the outside with good bend and cornering or come inside with a variety off pass rush moves. )

ROUND 3, PICK 12, (76th overall): Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
WR was another need with Crowder going and Doctson busting, has history with Haskins and also brings needed Special Teams play.
(McLaurin had a really good Senior Bowl week. He has good speed, runs good routes with the ability to gain separation. He needs to become less of a body catcher in the pros. Added value with a good special teams skills. )

ROUND 4, PICK 10, (112th overall): Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
Some might question another RB here, but with AP closing out his career and Guice still unproven, another back doesn't hurt, especially a fast one.
( Smaller, Powerful RB who plays much bigger than his size. Elite speed to take any play to the house with the ability to run between and outside the tackles. Very good and willing blocker in the pass game. Isn't used much in the pass game which could limit him to 2 downs at the next level. )

ROUND 4, PICK 29, (131st overall): Wes Martin, G, Indiana
We need o-line depth and we're apparently moving Flowers from OT to the inside, but Martin has a chance to stick around.

ROUND 5, PICK 15, (153rd overall): Ross Pierschbacher, C, Alabama
Our weakest spot on the o-line, but also brings good versatility
( Big, experienced guard who shows good quickness out of his stance. Good hands, strong at the POA with the ability to anchor. Shows the ability to pull and get in front on screens. Despite size, doesn't have the athletic ability to move to tackle. )

ROUND 5, PICK 35 (173rd overall): Cole Holcomb, LB, North Carolina
Looks to be a pick for depth and special teams, brings speed to the defense.

ROUND 6, PICK 34, (206th overall): Kelvin Harmon, WR, North Carolina State
Was mocked a lot higher, so this appears to be a steal. He's physical and a good route runner, but speed is the biggest question with him.
( WR prospect who can beat you in a variety of ways. Physical off the line with a good first step into his route. He shows long speed with the ability to high point. Gets YAC in his route and always a threat to score. Another prospect is want to see in the gauntlet as he makes a lot of body/arm catches. )

ROUND 7, PICK 13, (227th overall): Jimmy Moreland, DB, James Madison
Small 5'9", but looks like he'll get a chance in training camp as more reports have him a competitive DB.

ROUND 7, PICK 39, (253rd overall): Jordan Brailford, EDGE, Oklahoma State
I liked him pre-draft as he's a versatile guy on the D-line. He brings speed - that word again - and Tomsula should get the best out of him.
( Played extremely well at the Shrine game coming off the edge and getting to the QB. Shows a solid first step with a great athleticism off the edge with a variety of pass rush moves. Great finisher at the QB. If he continues to play with a high motor he's a steal in this draft. )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's a strange offseason from the norm. Given we had so many holes, and addressed them in the draft it looks good. I expected us to focus more of the offensive side of the ball and we seemed to do that.
If we hit on most of these picks this is the kind of draft that contenders are built from. Let's see where we're at at the end of pre-season.

Of the picks (quick analysis from Draftek website) :
ROUND 1, PICK 15 (15th overall): Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
We needed a QB plain and simple. I'm glad we didn't trade up for him, from all accounts he has the tools to be a good QB.
(Pocket passer who shows leadership, good accuracy and arm strength. Reads the field very well with the ability to make all the throws, makes throws into tight windows and won't force the ball when he has a clean pocket. Does get happy feet when pressured and can be forced into making bad throws.)

ROUND 1, PICK 26 (26th overall): Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State
We've needed a pass rusher for years. Questions of a heart problem caused him to slide, I hope that proves to be nothing.
( Might be the definition of what you look for in an edge rusher. Tall, long arms, big hands and great feet. He shows good get off against the tackle with ability to win in a variety of way. He can win to the outside with good bend and cornering or come inside with a variety off pass rush moves. )

ROUND 3, PICK 12, (76th overall): Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State
WR was another need with Crowder going and Doctson busting, has history with Haskins and also brings needed Special Teams play.
(McLaurin had a really good Senior Bowl week. He has good speed, runs good routes with the ability to gain separation. He needs to become less of a body catcher in the pros. Added value with a good special teams skills. )

ROUND 4, PICK 10, (112th overall): Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
Some might question another RB here, but with AP closing out his career and Guice still unproven, another back doesn't hurt, especially a fast one.
( Smaller, Powerful RB who plays much bigger than his size. Elite speed to take any play to the house with the ability to run between and outside the tackles. Very good and willing blocker in the pass game. Isn't used much in the pass game which could limit him to 2 downs at the next level. )

ROUND 4, PICK 29, (131st overall): Wes Martin, G, Indiana
We need o-line depth and we're apparently moving Flowers from OT to the inside, but Martin has a chance to stick around.

ROUND 5, PICK 15, (153rd overall): Ross Pierschbacher, C, Alabama
Our weakest spot on the o-line, but also brings good versatility
( Big, experienced guard who shows good quickness out of his stance. Good hands, strong at the POA with the ability to anchor. Shows the ability to pull and get in front on screens. Despite size, doesn't have the athletic ability to move to tackle. )

ROUND 5, PICK 35 (173rd overall): Cole Holcomb, LB, North Carolina
Looks to be a pick for depth and special teams, brings speed to the defense.

ROUND 6, PICK 34, (206th overall): Kelvin Harmon, WR, North Carolina State
Was mocked a lot higher, so this appears to be a steal. He's physical and a good route runner, but speed is the biggest question with him.
( WR prospect who can beat you in a variety of ways. Physical off the line with a good first step into his route. He shows long speed with the ability to high point. Gets YAC in his route and always a threat to score. Another prospect is want to see in the gauntlet as he makes a lot of body/arm catches. )

ROUND 7, PICK 13, (227th overall): Jimmy Moreland, DB, James Madison
Small 5'9", but looks like he'll get a chance in training camp as more reports have him a competitive DB.

ROUND 7, PICK 39, (253rd overall): Jordan Brailford, EDGE, Oklahoma State
I liked him pre-draft as he's a versatile guy on the D-line. He brings speed - that word again - and Tomsula should get the best out of him.
( Played extremely well at the Shrine game coming off the edge and getting to the QB. Shows a solid first step with a great athleticism off the edge with a variety of pass rush moves. Great finisher at the QB. If he continues to play with a high motor he's a steal in this draft. )
1 Alabama this time

The QB and WR from Ohio makes sense. Given natural progression from both it looks a positive

Thanks for the snippets

Loved the draft.
Great work by Doug Williams and co.
Agree TE needs addressing maybe trade Reed as FFS he's not worth it. Jermane Gresham is a FA grab him.
Still wouldn't mind a tall WR to add to the corp - like Kelvin Benjamin.
Haskins will push Keenum for the starting job as i don't see Alex playing this season.

"I think I'm hitting free agency next year. I won't be the first, won't be the last," he (Josh Doctson) said. "It's nothing to be sad about, be mad about. Someone wants you there, so it's all love."

Not unexpected from this disappointing 1st rounder. We really struggle to nail WRs with our first pick, nothing decent since Michael Westbrook.

From one of the random Skins blogs regarding training camp today : Ereck Flowers played with the first team at left tackle, with Williams out. That’s bad. Very bad. :'(

From all other accounts Keenum was the best QB, Guice looks good, Sweat is massive, McLaurin put on some good moves, Jordan Reed looked healthy and stood out, Norman had a good showing.

Last edited:
GG what's your thoughts? Do we trade Trent? If he's not happy surely we need to do the best for him and the team.

Could easily swap him for a younger OT and a decent draft pick - he probably wants to go to a contender.

7 time Pro Bowlers don't grow on trees.

Maybe we could swap for Alejandro Villanueva (PIT) or David Bakhtiari (GB) or Terron Armstead (NO)?

And Josh Doctson - no offense kid but you need to learn your routes and learn how to ***** catch. Too many dropped balls to be a clutch/go to receiver.

Bring back Pierre Garcon as a back up/development coach - now there's a guy who can ****** catch and run a route!

Last edited:
GG what's your thoughts? Do we trade Trent?

Could easily swap him for a younger OT and a decent draft pick - he probably wants to go to a contender.

7 time Pro Bowlers don't grow on trees.

Maybe we could swap for Alejandro Villanueva (PIT) or David Bakhtiari (GB) or Terron Armstead (NO)?
force him to stay, fine him for days missed, but if hes unhappy he wont play well, etc. you just dont want the distraction, especially young qb. many teams just trade these kinds of unhappy people and get something for them at least. many examples recently, eg Beckham

Donald Penn is headed to Washington, D.C. to start his time with the Redskins.

So it looks like Trent is a goner.

Penn's a 3 time Pro bowler and while no Trent Williams handy for a year.

Alejandro Villanueva (PIT) or David Bakhtiari (GB) or Terron Armstead (NO) and a 2nd rounder please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back