Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Bruce Allen in summary:
1) Jay Gruden is why the Redskins were 0-5.
2) Bill Callahan will be an upgrade.
3) If Alex Smith wasn't hurt this all could have been avoided.
4) They don't want to trade Trent Williams
5) The culture is damn good

Bruce you are seriously deluded - this team has sucked on YOUR ENTIRE WATCH you ********* idiot

Interim coach Bill Callahan declined to name a starting QB Monday.
Here we go again. Callahan did at least specify that Dwayne Haskins isn't a candidate to start right now. That leaves us with Case Keenum (foot) and Colt McCoy ahead of this week's matchup against the Dolphins. McCoy averaged a pathetic 4.4 YPA in the team's Week 5 loss to the Patriots, while Keenum was pulled in Week 4 after missing several wide-open receivers and failing to move the ball against the Giants. The only viable fantasy option in this offense at the moment is Terry McLaurin.
SOURCE: Mike Garafolo on Twitter.
Oct 7, 2019, 3:03 PM ET

Redskins GM Bruce Allen said there's been "no dialogue" with any team on trading LT Trent Williams.
When asked if the team would consider trading Williams, Allen bluntly responded, "No, not at this time." He also comically referred to the Redskins' culture as "damn good" and stated they have the pieces for "a winning team." Even if Bill Callahan is an upgrade (another funny assessment from Allen) from Jay Gruden, this organization is obviously in a hurry to go nowhere as long as the hierarchy atop stays in place. Williams isn't expected to play a single game in a Redskins uniform this season.
SOURCE: Albert Breer on Twitter
Oct 7, 2019, 1:18 PM ET

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan believes the team didn't run the ball enough under Jay Gruden.
Per Anderson, Callahan expressed this view in the company of both players and coaches last week, noting he was "hard-pressed" to remember a team with fewer rushing attempts to start a season. Emphasizing the run isn't going to solve the Redskins' problems, though Callahan can do what he wants now that he's taken over for Gruden as the team's interim head coach. Adrian Peterson could see more work added to his plate with Callahan calling the shots, though negative game script will continue to be a thorn in his side.
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Oct 7, 2019, 9:54 AM ET

The Washington Post reports "many in the league are convinced" the Redskins will eventually promote OC Kevin O'Connell to replace fired coach Jay Gruden.
O'Connell's playing career just ended in 2012, while he has been coaching since only 2015. 2019 is his first year as offensive coordinator. It would be a desperate promotion, to put it mildly. The Redskins let Sean McVay out from under their noses and will try to cut corners into finding another one. It would be a perfectly Washington outcome.
SOURCE: Mark Maske on Twitter
Oct 8, 2019, 1:40 PM ET

According to ESPN's Josina Anderson, Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan believes the team didn't run the ball enough under Jay Gruden.
Per Anderson, Callahan expressed this view in the company of both players and coaches last week, noting he was "hard-pressed" to remember a team with fewer rushing attempts to start a season. Emphasizing the run isn't going to solve the Redskins' problems, though Callahan can do what he wants now that he's taken over for Gruden as the team's interim head coach. Adrian Peterson could see more work added to his plate with Callahan calling the shots, though negative game script will continue to be a thorn in his side.
SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter
Oct 7, 2019, 9:54 AM ET
Coming out this early with a statement like that makes it hard to imagine that Gruden wasn't being undermined by those supporting him.

Urghhhhh

Trade Trent now - we would then have 2 1st rounders in this draft as we have no second rounders.

AP is the best player we have and he's 33/34/defying time
Yeah, no point holding on to Trent. We're going nowhere with, or without, him - may as well get something for him.

I'd say blow the whole thing up and start again, but I have no faith in them getting it right on attempt #482

The Redskins have requested that the NFL’s Management Council "convene a joint committee with the NFLPA to review the medical records and the medical care given to Trent Williams."
"We have requested this review under the NFL’s CBA that provides for an independent third party review of any NFL player’s medical care," the team, which did nothing until Williams' Thursday comments, said in a statement. "The Redskins continue to prioritize the health and well-being of our players and staff." The publicly available evidence strongly suggests otherwise. The Redskins have done the wrong thing over and over with regards to their star left tackle.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Oct 31, 2019, 7:53 PM ET

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams said he was delighted to see his teammates again and expressed regret that his holdout might have hurt the team, which is enduring a 1-7 start that included former coach Jay Gruden — whom Williams said he “loved” — being fired.
In the end, though, his biggest concern seemed to be the tumor that had been removed, the fact he will have to have follow-up appointments every six months to be sure it won’t return and the anger he feels over how it was treated.
On Wednesday, he had to stand before some of the same doctors he said he does not respect as they examined him for his physical. The experience was not a pleasant one, and his eyes grew cold as he recounted it.
“It felt weird to say the least,” he said. “It did. It’s something I didn’t think I’d have to do.”

Interim HC, Bill Callahan announced that rookie QB Dwayne Haskins will make his first career start this week against the Bills in Buffalo.

Baptism of Fire.
I'm all for sitting rookie QBs - but I guess at this point we may as well see what we've got.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports Redskins owner Dan Snyder is "truly evaluating" team president Bruce Allen’s status with the team.
Allen has been with the Redskins since 2010 in President/GM roles. His tenure in Washington has been largely unsuccessful, with just three winning seasons and multiple front office controversies. Allen was the driving force behind hiring Jay Gruden and botched the Kirk Cousins negotiations. He's also racked up massive cap penalties during his time in Washington. The Redskins (2-9) have fielded one of the worst rosters in the league this year, with an offense featuring a 34-year-old running back and a rookie quarterback that's looked overmatched. Moving on from Allen is a long overdue move for the NFL's most dysfunctional franchise.
SOURCE: NFL Network
Nov 30, 2019, 10:29 AM ET

Bring on the next sycophant.

I deserve this for my bad mouthing of Haskins (not that he did anything to make me change my mind tho) constantly.

Guice looked good, nice to see him healthy. 👍

I deserve this for bad mouthing of Haskins (not that he did anything to make change my mind tho) constantly.

Guice looked good, nice to see him healthy. 👍
Oh no, it wasn't a Panthers slag off, it was in relation to Bruce Allen going and the likelihood that we hire another GM who'll kowtow to Snyder.

Guice and healthy, that would be nice.

It's fitting that Haskins has another Double U to his name against ADP's Panthers ;)

No question that I did have it coming....surprised he didn't throw for 300 yrds and 3 TDs to top it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back