Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting in Snyders 20 years in charge that this is the first head coach he's signed that was a HC the previous season at another club.

Schottenheimer was 3 years removed from his Chiefs gig.
Gibbs 2.0 was 12 years removed from his first stint.
Shanahan missed a year before returning to the sidelines.
Spurrier, Zorn and Gruden were first time NFL HCs.

I don't know what that means, but let's say it's a good thing ;)

A shame. Callahan is a quality assistant coach who really seemed to get the players more focused when he took over as interim HC. Would have thought RR could have found a way to get good value out of him, especially given the need for development along both OL and DL.
Its an interesting one , I just feel someone has told Snyder '' clear the decks'' and he actually listened.

I am excited about Rivera. I understand the on year off year argument but give me a playoff year followed by a drop followed by a divisional championship game followed by - well you get it

Its an interesting one , I just feel someone has told Snyder '' clear the decks'' and he actually listened.

I am excited about Rivera. I understand the on year off year argument but give me a playoff year followed by a drop followed by a divisional championship game followed by - well you get it
Same. First time in a long time I've been buoyed by a Redskins coaching appointment. Add in the potential for a, hopefully positive, front office shakeup - I'm hoping this is us turning the corner on years of ineptitude.

Redskins reporter Zach Selby confirms the team will switch to a 4-3 defensive scheme under new coach Ron Rivera.
Rivera favored a 4-3 defense throughout his Carolina tenure and plans to bring it with him to Washington this upcoming season. It will be a departure from the 3-4 scheme Greg Manusky championed throughout his three-year run as defensive coordinator. Given the Redskins' current personnel, Rivera and new DC Jack Del Rio both agreed the transition to a 4-3 was "obvious." "I think it fits very well, I really do," said Rivera in defense of implementing his preferred 4-3 scheme. "You look at the defensive line, and we’ve got guys that we believe can play the one-and-three techniques already." Washington's defense needs an overhaul after allowing the league's sixth-most yards in 2019.
SOURCE: redskins.com
Jan 13, 2020, 11:41 AM ET

Speaking in a radio interview, new Redskins coach Ron Rivera said Alex Smith (leg surgeries) will be a part of the team's quarterback competition if he's healthy.
"I also don’t want to forget Alex Smith," were Rivera's exact words. "Here’s a guy that’s doing everything he can to come back, and if Alex can come back and be the player that he was we have a good situation; we have competition at that position." Smith admitted earlier this week that he was "lucky to be alive" after he came down with an infection following one of his endless operations. Smith turns 36 in May. It's ultimately difficult to see Smith being a realistic option over sophomore Dwayne Haskins, but it would be far from the first time Smith defied expectations.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
Feb 2, 2020, 4:46 PM ET

Alex Smith should be backup only
listening to the interviews with him over the last couple of weeks it seems as if he will be 50/50 to even get back let alone start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like the cuts so far.

Trent can be traded for a younger LT.

Scherff needs to stay.

Kerrigan if he wants to go to a contender fair enough. Given great service.

Olsen for 2 years if we can't get Austin Hooper.

Robbie Anderson as WR. A young CB. Sign Dunbar long term now Norman's gone.

ok last years draft was pretty ***** good.

Let's not ***** it up this year,

TAKE CHASE YOUNG. Enuff said. It would be like NOT taking Sean Taylor in 2004. YOU HAVE TO DRAFT HIM!

You trade Trent for 2 x 2nd rounders. Snag a cheaper FA like Daryl Williams (Rivera loves him) or George Fant and draft a LT.

MUST KEEP Kerrigan and Scherff.

Sign Austin Hooper 5 years. Good kid!

If we don't splurge on Robby Anderson take Perriman, Gabriel or Demaryius on a 2yr vet deal (cos **** me he can catch balls)

Don't usually plug my own stuff here but this is something new for me so just sharing here and I await the tirade of abuse and ridicule. <3

Redskins selected Ohio State DE Chase Young with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Arguably 2020's No. 1 overall prospect regardless of position, Young (6’5/264) need only point to his mantel — 2020 first-team All-American, first-team All-Big Ten, Chuck Bednarik Award for the nation's best defensive player, Bronko Nagurski Trophy for the nation's best American football player, Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year — for those still questioning why he decided to forego Indy's combine. Young recorded 75 pressures and led the Buckeyes in sacks (10.5) and tackles for loss (14.5) across from eventual NFL DRoY Nick Bosa as a true sophomore, then returned in 2019 to an FBS-high 16.5 sacks, finishing second (30.5) only to Mike Vrabel (36) for the most sacks accumulated in Ohio State's illustrious school history. Young is as close as it gets to a 'can't miss' player at the next level, projecting with more upside as an EDGE rusher than recent elite prospects Myles Garrett and Jadeveon Clowney. He joins Da'Ron Payne, Jonathan Allen, and Montez Sweat, making one of the most ferocious lines in the league that much stronger.
Apr 23, 2020, 7:51 PM ET

Redskins coach Ron Rivera said RB/WR Antonio Gibson has "a skill set like Christian (McCaffrey)."
"He's a little bit bigger than Christian, but he's got a skill set like Christian," said Rivera, who obviously coached McCaffrey for two seasons. "This is a very versatile, young football player that we really think is going to be a guy that can get on the field for us early and contribute." Gibson was designated as a wide receiver when selected with the No. 66 overall pick but has since been discussed as a running back who will align all over (including in the slot and out wide) Washington's formation. Arguably the most efficient player in the nation (15.6 yards per touch) last year, it sounds as if the team's coaching staff is completely on board in utilizing Gibson's versatility after he led all FBS skill players in yards after contact per attempt (8.0) with the Tigers last year.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN.com
May 5, 2020, 8:55 AM ET

Remove this Banner Ad

Back