Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
So when Cousins goes we get Alex Smith for a year or two? Or bring back RGIII?
Tolzien will be your answer...

If Kap-man isn't chosen first somewhere else, he'll become your backup.

With Pryor doubling as WR and third string QB...

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
According to ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim, Josh Doctson is "one to watch" in the coming weeks.

Keim was asked about Terrelle Pryor, but shifted to Doctson, saying teammates keep mentioning Doctson more about "coming on." Doctson roasted Raiders CB David Amerson for a 52-yard touchdown last week, bullying the big corner and jumping over the top of him. As long as he can stay healthy, Doctson's role should only grow. Pryor and Kirk Cousins haven't connected.

Source: ESPN.com

Aug 3, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
I find it hilarious that you want to get rid of Cousins, who you could argue is a top 10 qb, all because of his contract. He will go to the 9ers next year and reunite with shanahan, and if you are lucky you will get to draft a guy with the POTENTIAL to be a top 10 qb. The only scenario that he stays is if the redskins beat all other offers. The problem with that is the offers from other teams looking for a qb will be HUGE.

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
green bay, liverpool, parramatta
Hey fellas read a few articles about cousins. I've found it pretty strange its taking this long to lock him up. What is your thoughts on keeping him or letting him into a bidding frenzy?

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Hey fellas read a few articles about cousins. I've found it pretty strange its taking this long to lock him up. What is your thoughts on keeping him or letting him into a bidding frenzy?
Happy to keep him but happy to see him get a better offer elsewhere. FO has screwed this one up. Just annoyed at how its played out to be honest

bangbang

All Australian
Aug 21, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
green bay, liverpool, parramatta
Happy to keep him but happy to see him get a better offer elsewhere. FO has screwed this one up. Just annoyed at how its played out to be honest

Bungled it right up they have.. I'm sure I read somewhere it isn't out of the question for a 3rd franchise tag ? What are they doing, they either want him or not and after 3 years they can see what they got. These qbs dont grow on trees and he'll make a team immediately better and become a rich man either way but it's strange washington pissing round with it all

Need to pay the man or make a play for maybe a Tyrod or Tannehill.
Office stuffed up.
Jordan Reed needs to play a full season FFS.
Need a RB who can run and not fumble.
Wouldn't mind an Amendola or Nelson as vet receiver to help out.
Gruden has 1 year left - playoffs or GTFO.

Nice road win today. Good chance to go 2-0 against an underwhelming Colts team too.

Chris Thompson looked real good today. I hope he stays healthy, as does Peterson as they made a real nice 1-2 punch which helps Alex Smith no end as he can sensibly game manage us all the way to the playoffs.

Defense played well today too making it real hard for the Cardinals, especially early. I hope that was more a result of our D and less about the Cards woes.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
“Thousands” of tickets available for Washington home opener
Posted by Mike Florio on September 12, 2018, 4:00 PM EDT

gettyimages-1022894612-e1536782385961.jpg

Getty Images

The possibly fictional sellout streak for Washington may come to a very real end on Sunday.

Via Liz Clarke of the Washington Post, “thousands” of tickets remain available for the home opener at FedEx Field. Specifically, more than 3,650 seats were unsold as of Tuesday morning.

Failure to sell these tickets would end a sellout streak that supposedly dates back to the 1960s, a claim that, per Clarke, appears in the team’s 2018 media guide. The team also contends that all 210 games played at FedEx Field through 2017 have sold out.

That boast seems specious in the aftermath of the team’s admission that a waiting list that once contained as many as 200,000 names no longer exists. The team nevertheless insists that the sellout streak is real. Real or not, it may end this weekend.

Per the Post, Sunday’s win over the Cardinals came with an email from the team announcing that “single game tickets [are] available now” for Week Two. As the Post notes, a declaration like that “would have been unthinkable for most of the last half-century.”

Regardless of whether the game sells out, fans should be interested because the team is unexpectedly good, with Alex Smith playing the role of Alex Smith and Adrian Peterson becoming an effective on-the-fly understudy for Derrius Guice. Also, the Colts aren’t very good, which makes the possibility of 2-0 — and maybe sole possession of first place in the division — something worth witnessing in person.

So we signed Floyd and Perriman. Floyd has been bounced around due to his off field reputation, we're certainly not the team to turn him around, but I hope it works out.
I don't like the Perriman signing, he was a bust at the Ravens and we're working on our own equivalent in Doctson at the moment. And I don't think Bryant is the answer, smarter teams than us have passed on him, there's got to be a reason for that.... wouldn't mind trading for a disgruntled Antonio Brown though :p

AP = signing of the year.
Play calling the 2nd half abysmal. No balls. No guts. Keep playing football Gruden! We almost let them back in.
Throw the damn football.
Defence needs to wake up and play 4 quarters - thats the difference between being a playoff team and not making it.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Report: Josh Norman benched for wearing headphones while Jay Gruden addressed team
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 13, 2018, 6:29 AM EDT
ap_18282109135611-e1539426100338.jpg

AP

Washington cornerback Josh Norman was benched for the start of the second half of Monday night’s loss to the Saints, for reasons that weren’t publicly explained. Now an explanation has emerged: Norman put on headphones at halftime, and didn’t take them off when coach Jay Gruden addressed the team.

That’s the word from Kevin Sheehan, former longtime host of the team’s pregame show, who said on his podcast that the benching was about Norman’s behavior in the locker room at halftime and not his play on the field.

“The reason Josh Norman was benched for the start of the second half against the Saints had very little to do with him getting lost in coverage,” Sheehan said, via Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post. “At halftime, according to my source, he put his headphones on while the coaches were addressing the team. Jay Gruden told him to take them off. He either didn’t hear Jay or he ignored him, but with that, I was told, the headphones were removed. By whom? My source says that he believes it was Gruden who removed the headphones from Norman’s head. But regardless, Gruden benched him to start the third quarter, and that was the reason why. My source also tells me that there is not a lot of good vibes when it comes to Norman among several of the coaches right now. Not much they can do about it.”

That the coaches can’t do much about it is a result of Norman’s contract: He’s in the third year of a five-year, $75 million contract, and if they were to cut him this season his dead cap would be $22.3 million.

But it sounds like the coaches would cut Norman if they could. John Keim of ESPN reported that Norman’s benching “was definitely something between Gruden and Norman that got a little heated and definitely not because of him getting beat in coverage.” In other words, the fact that Norman did not play well was not even the biggest problem, in the minds of the coaching staff.

Washington will host Carolina on Sunday, which means Norman is facing his old team. He should be motivated personally, and Washington should be motivated by the fact that a win will put them in first place in the NFC East. A big game from Norman in a win would go a long way toward cleaning up what now looks like a mess.

Still winning ugly.

AP = :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Defence has some swagger. Swearinger and Mason Foster need pay rises.

Crowder needs to come back fast. Receiving corps aren't great without him although Doctson seems to be finding his feet. Richardson's been a bust.

Bruce Allen have some balls and SIGN DEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to see us winning games with an old school approach. Rely on D, pound the rock and manage the passing game.
We just need to hope we don't fall behind early as I can't see us winning many games with our current approach.

That being said I didn't expect to be 5-2 at this point of the season, let's hope we keep it up.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Nice to see us winning games with an old school approach. Rely on D, pound the rock and manage the passing game.
We just need to hope we don't fall behind early as I can't see us winning many games with our current approach.

That being said I didn't expect to be 5-2 at this point of the season, let's hope we keep it up.
My worry is our 2 minute warning game. If we arent 10+ up then it looks like we panic or go into the shells to hold the lead

Back