Washington Wizards (nee Bullets) Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Otto inefficient as hell but his second DBL DBL of his career tonight.

Wish we could get some kind of consistency going.

Considering how shorthanded we are, to go 2/3 against Phoenix/Dallas/Miami is decent going.
Be interesting to see how we go against a similarly inconsistent team such as the Rockets. They lost today on the road to Brooklyn, something we do as well. Wall/Beal against Lawson/Harden/Beverley.

Thought I'd leave this here...
12341581_10153340463263741_7051480906293191509_n.jpg

Yeah, that's the graphic I saw on the stream. Curry has taken over on points with one less game played, and rondo has taken over on assists also with one less game played in Dec. But the fact that he's 1st or second still in all these categories is nothing short of stellar.

Dudley three steals in a row and a clutch three to trim 9 points off the lead. Smart player.

Imploded in the last yet again. Couldn't make open 3s and Wall turning over the ball in the crucial stage of the game. Most frustrating team to watch this season. 5/25 from down town (3s) is horrid.
Harden just tore the defence to shreds. Seriously need a defensive-minded SF, Otto just can't do it.
Wall with another double/double - 26P, 12A. Good to have Gortat back too. But Beal 5/15 FG hurts.

Beal shot bricks, Harden shot the lights out... pretty much the whole story.
Difference between being an All-Star and a bit player. Over reliance on Wall to be clutch when Beal / Porter miss wide open jump shots. Again we look great when the small ball works efficiently but high turnovers (averaging 16 per game) swings the momentum the other way.

Well another close loss, another game conceding 100+ pts. Wall with yet another double double- 26 pts, 12 assists. One of those weird games where we didn't do a whole lot wrong, less turnovers. But Evans, Holiday and Gordon all shot well.
Now 9-12. Really need to get a winning streak going. Dallas on the road tomorrow, then Memphis and Spurs also on the road during the week. Tough schedule.

I reckon we'll be 10-14 and the pundits will have started heaping the pressure on Wittman by the end of this week.

Well well. A great road win against Mavericks, perhaps a little too close. Blew a 14 point lead halfway through the last quarter. Got to within 1 point. Otherwise a great game by Otto with 28 pts, 6 rebounds. But Mr John freaking Wall with another double/double, literally carrying the team on his back. 26 Pts and 16 assists. Got 8 pts with three straight shots in the last, his jumper has improved massively this season. Has to be a lock for All Star starter.
Gortat also chipped with a double/double of his own, 14 pts/12 rebounds.

Concerning thing about this is BB3 out for at least 2 weeks with a stress fracture to his foot.. He's a baller when he's on, but at what cost?

... or the Wizards could just prove me wrong altogether. So that's Cleveland, Dallas and Miami on the road that we've beaten, and Spurs at home. Why can't this effort be translated to games where the opponent isn't contending???

John Wall has been on fire in Dec. Averaging 27.2 points (3rd in league), 10.9 assists (2nd), 2.5 steals (3rd), 45% from 3, 55% overall, and leads in Double Doubles so far.

Another good stat-line from Sessions. And Mr. Porter just went off for 28 (career high).

"Gortat wasn't ready for the pass", "suprises Gortat with that pass"

6 Turnovers in the first qtr, and I am already sick of these phrases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... or the Wizards could just prove me wrong altogether. So that's Cleveland, Dallas and Miami on the road that we've beaten, and Spurs at home. Why can't this effort be translated to games where the opponent isn't contending???

John Wall has been on fire in Dec. Averaging 27.2 points (3rd in league), 10.9 assists (2nd), 2.5 steals (3rd), 45% from 3, 55% overall, and leads in Double Doubles so far.

Another good stat-line from Sessions. And Mr. Porter just went off for 28 (career high).
Wall has been incredible, but like today showed just can't expect him to do it every game. Porter was quiet as well. Makes me think, do the both of them thrive without Beal ?
Another one of those meh games, possibly aiming to be more fresher for Spurs next? The ugly turnovers keep happening, why pass off to players in worse off positions.. Frustrating aspect of this season. Limit those, like against Dallas, and it's a win more often then not.

Quoted from bulletsforever.com blog:
The Wizards are currently giving up 105.3 points per game to their opponents. That number balloons to 111.1 in their losses. And this isn't just a byproduct of playing at a faster pace. The Wizards are 23rd in points allowed per 100 possessions. Additionally, the Wizards' opponents are shooting 40.4 percent from the arc and making 10.5 three pointers per game; both marks are the worst in the league.

Quoted from bulletsforever.com blog:
The Wizards are currently giving up 105.3 points per game to their opponents. That number balloons to 111.1 in their losses. And this isn't just a byproduct of playing at a faster pace. The Wizards are 23rd in points allowed per 100 possessions. Additionally, the Wizards' opponents are shooting 40.4 percent from the arc and making 10.5 three pointers per game; both marks are the worst in the league.

There is no good reason why this should be happening... we were one of the best defensive teams in the league last year. Paul Pierce isn't THAT much of a difference maker.

The funny thing is our defence against the Grizzlies was one of the more active defence jobs I've seen us performing.

This is the kind of game we'll go and win.

Got a feeling we'll play well today.

We've been better on the road all year and have been playing well in big games.

Spurs D has been just about all-time great this season, but hoping we can score, as that hasn't really been our issue.

Kahwi is worrying.

This is the kind of game we'll go and win.

Got a feeling we'll play well today.

We've been better on the road all year and have been playing well in big games.

Spurs D has been just about all-time great this season, but hoping we can score, as that hasn't really been our issue.

Kahwi is worrying.
Decent first half, down by 9 during the 2nd and only behind 55-52. 31 points is the highest first quarter Spurs has conceded this season.

Decent first half, down by 9 during the 2nd and only behind 55-52. 31 points is the highest first quarter Spurs has conceded this season.

Yep really good first half I thought.

Only worry is the foul trouble we are getting into.

Neal has been silly.

Sessions has really stepped up when Se we got into injury trouble before we played the Suns.

Oubre last 3 or 4 minutes of that quarter was really exciting.

Need Otto to get more involved.

Yep really good first half I thought.

Only worry is the foul trouble we are getting into.

Neal has been silly.

Sessions has really stepped up when Se we got into injury trouble before we played the Suns.

Oubre last 3 or 4 minutes of that quarter was really exciting.

Need Otto to get more involved.
Otto has been non-existent today. Not a single point. It's the Wall/Gortat show atm.
I'm all for Oubre getting more minutes, can jump and has a nice shooting action. Did a very nice slam from the wing.

Now it's getting lopsided. Leonard just putting in shots all over the place. A few dumb turnovers by Wall (what is up with him sometimes). Again we miss having a defensive SF.

Yeh Spurs hit the go button in the third and with OTTO nowhere and Beal out we couldn't go with them. Kahwi was bloody good.,

Just can't win basketball games with players like Humphries getting 25+ minutes.

One positive to take out of this is Oubre's performance. Been really impressive. Only a 20 yo kid.

Yeh Spurs hit the go button in the third and with OTTO nowhere and Beal out we couldn't go with them. Kahwi was bloody good.,

Just can't win basketball games with players like Humphries getting 25+ minutes.

One positive to take out of this is Oubre's performance. Been really impressive. Only a 20 yo kid.
Positives were Wall and Gortat getting double/doubles. Wall never stops, just wish had that SF/SG to complement him consistently. Oubre looks raw and should get more minutes, better then Dudley and Blair. That drive from the wing was class.
Right now though need Nene to replace Humphries and don't get Otto atm, was he injured or rested ? The calls for Wittman to get sacked will only get more and more for the rest of the week.

Chin up guys! Every loss brings us one game closer to something being done about it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back