Washington Wizards (nee Bullets) Team Thread

wizards-media-day-john-wall-bradley-beal-paul-pierce-nba-washington-wizards-media-day7.jpg

Out of completely curiousity, I wonder if I have any friends in here :(.
Obviously not the most popular of teams but there's no doubt that they have turned into an exciting team to watch these last two seasons. Currently around 2nd and 3rd in the East, the Wizards have bolstered their team with experience and youth and it seems that the chemistry is finally right.

I remember when I first decided to affiliate myself with the Wizards. It was back in 2007/2008 when I saw a YouTube clip of Gilbert Arenas' buzzer beaters and thought, "holy s**t". Then I saw that they were a struggling side and not being one to generally bandwagon, I thought, why not give them a shot. Have stuck with them ever since. It's been tough but finally some of the hardship is paying off haha.

How did you come to support the Wizards?

inb4therearenootherWizfans

djrossie16

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
My favourite uni that's for sure. Seen more than a few around the place sporting Wall jerseys. Although I am not a fan I respect your team and also became attracted to the gilbert arenas gun-toting style of play.
Over the last few years I have had a bit of an interest because one of my best mates is a big fan and I have mildly followed John Wall's career from that dream team they had at Kentucky to his ascent as a star player in the NBA. Good team to watch!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Newly Washington Wizard fan here.. Thought I 'd drop in ;)
Always been a NBA fan, generally just an admirer of the talent and flair of the league with no real connection to a team or player. Watched every NBA Finals since 2010/11 and from there kept interest in general NBA news from time to time

Went to the US of A late last 2014 and attended 5 games around the country and realized that I love the Washington area as well as the rising Wizards team and after attending a game at Verizon Centre, found them as my team. Wall is seriously underrated as well as Beal (young and raw with obvious talent) with Gortat, Nene etc all. Gotta love the uni's too, reckon their amongst the best in the league.. Still undecided about the Wizards name though, the changing of logos etc..
But definitely aboard!

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
This thread's rolling now, the sleeping giant awakens.

Glad to see Otto Porter making an impact for you guys. My brother was studying at Georgetown a couple of years ago and used to tell me that he'd be a solid NBA player.

Should be pretty useful if you play Atlanta next round in the same way that Thad Young is for Brooklyn.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Watching the Nets/Hawks series, really hope this goes to 7.. Atlanta have a few fallacies, particularly with rebounding and clutch.. Really interesting to see it unfold.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Nets / Hawks series looking like a brusier.. Horford has a finger issue and by the looks Teague also looks sore. Looking forward to whoever wins this series, Washington can take any of them each day they play (touchwood)

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
This thread's rolling now, the sleeping giant awakens.

Glad to see Otto Porter making an impact for you guys. My brother was studying at Georgetown a couple of years ago and used to tell me that he'd be a solid NBA player.

Should be pretty useful if you play Atlanta next round in the same way that Thad Young is for Brooklyn.

Otto's +/- was insane for the series !

I'm a little bit worried about us getting batterred inside and Randy's lack of coaching ability against Atlanta, but our perimeter work against Toronto was strong.

PP at 4 worked really well, suggest we use that a bit when possible again in the next series.

Jul 7, 2003
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Swansea, Wizards
DC will be around awhile if we keep Wall and Beal together. Also Porter!

The upside in Bradley is still unreal. Would love if we had a coach who ran plays to his strengths..

That being said, we still probably lack a couple of parts to really take it to the next level.

JW is operating at about as good as he ever will, I think - be good if we can add a bit of depth as our bench can look weak.

wowlace

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2010
Kewarra Beach
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
The upside in Bradley is still unreal. Would love if we had a coach who ran plays to his strengths..

That being said, we still probably lack a couple of parts to really take it to the next level.

JW is operating at about as good as he ever will, I think - be good if we can add a bit of depth as our bench can look weak.

Wall will get better when he develops the jump shot. Almost there. He needs to keep driving early in games so they lay off him later and he can get open Js down the stretch. Problem is he is doing it back to front atm.

Dec 31, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors,Chicago Bulls
Well done boys, after a tough first quarter you hung tough to take game one on the road.

Great win, Brooklyn took them to six, you are significantly better than the Nets.

I hope Wall and Beal are learning everything they can from Paul Pierce, great pick up to replace Ariza, not so much in stats but as a competitor and a winner.

Loving the Truth!!!

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Well done boys, after a tough first quarter you hung tough to take game one on the road.

Great win, Brooklyn took them to six, you are significantly better than the Nets.

I hope Wall and Beal are learning everything they can from Paul Pierce, great pick up to replace Ariza, not so much in stats but as a competitor and a winner.

Loving the Truth!!!
Great win first up, Beal absolutely killed it but bit concerned with that sprained ankle he got towards the end there. Looked a bit distraught too. Wall is looking home in the playoffs for sure. This series has a long way to go and pretty sure Atlanta will bounce back next game, Korver and Teague definitely looked below their best.

Back