Washington Wizards

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Any new thoughts on the Wizards? From where im sitting they are definitely improving, Haywood has arrived in just 7 games and finally gives them an inside presence. They have other scorers other than Jordan as Rip, Laettner, Lue and now Haywood are all scoring. Since MJ spat the dummy after a loss to Cleveland the Wizards have responded going 4 -2 and they have won 5 of there last 8 games.

With there next two games being Memphis and Miami, the Wizards could be near .500 if they can win both...

Can they make the playoffs?? I dont know but i give them more of a chance than i did a month ago.

I dont think they can keep it up, unless MJ revs crap out of them all the time. The kids on the team are learning from him though, so maybe they can only improve. I'd like MJ to be able to bring this team to the playoffs, but they really don't deserve it from what I have seen.

There are improving and should beat Miami who have been dreadful so far, but Memphis has improved also after a pretty bad start. It should be interesting as the Grizzlies have just creamed Philly, although I don't think that is as bigger deal as some people on this board think.

Originally posted by jod23
They have other scorers other than Jordan as Rip, Laettner, Lue and now Haywood are all scoring.

They are definitely on the improve but i think you're going OTT.

I don't think they're playoff contenders, not yet anyway.

BTW when did Lue start scoring?

He's averaging 5.8 ppg and has a season high of 12, not exactly earth shattering just yet.

Christian Laeetner isn't really setting the world on fire either, averaging 8.8 points a night.

Haywood is contributing but i don't think he's capable of getting 19 very often.

The key to the Wizards getting into a playoff position is getting some offense from their frontcourt, something they haven't had as yet.

Hopefully Kwame Brown can make an impact later in the season if that does happen the Wizards will win more than they lose.

Cheers

I think we can expect big things from Haywood. Agree though on there frontcourt, they need more production from guys like Laettner, Jones, White & eventually Brown.

You can see the team getting better every game and Jordan is having a very positive influence on the team. Playoffs are still a little out of the equation just yet but it is a possibility depending on how much further the youngsters progress.

Be nice if they could find a spot for Alexander in the rotation too, he is an out an out scorer but cant seem to get into the rotation. When Jordan sat it out against SA, Alexander came in and scored 18 points or something like that...

Anyone else hear that the NBA game on FOX this week has been changed to Wizards V Heat?? As a Wizards fan I'm happy but I reckon there would be plenty of pissed basketball watchers out there.... :)

Originally posted by ant
Anyone else hear that the NBA game on FOX this week has been changed to Wizards V Heat?? As a Wizards fan I'm happy but I reckon there would be plenty of pissed basketball watchers out there.... :)

Why would anyone be pissed off??? Who doesnt want to watch Micheal Jordan play??

Cant wait for Thursday.

Why would anyone be pissed off??? Who doesnt want to watch Micheal Jordan play??

Cant wait for Thursday.

Let's just say I've been to other BBall boards and others do not share our view. Many were looking forward to the previously scheduled game, as obviously Washington v Miami is hardly an attractive match-up, apart from the Jordan factor. Hard to believe, I know ;)

Originally posted by ant

Let's just say I've been to other BBall boards and others do not share our view. Many were looking forward to the previously scheduled game, as obviously Washington v Miami is hardly an attractive match-up, apart from the Jordan factor. Hard to believe, I know ;)

Why who was playing before the change?

Why who was playing before the change?

The previous game was Toronto vs. San Antonio which is a much more appealing game imho.

Pfft....boring.. San Antonio are pretty boring to watch and while Duncan is a superstar he isnt exactly an exitement machine. Half Man Half Amazing is fun to watch but he is just a junior version of Air Jordan, i mean there even calling him Air Canada or Air Carter...been done ppl.

Jordan is the greatest ball player ever, who wouldnt want to watch him??

Jordan is the greatest ball player ever, who wouldnt want to watch him??

Ah because he's past it, and he plays for a **** boring team

Originally posted by phatandphreaky

Ah because he's past it, and he plays for a **** boring team

Ewing, Olajuwon....there past it. Micheal Jordan isnt in his prime but he is still probably the most valuble player in the league. Rip Hamilton is an exitement machine and youngsters like Haywood and Brown are great fun to watch.

Should be a good game, cant wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

miami does play a boring game, and washington (yes, MJ factor is powerful), but who wants to wtach a game where the team would be shooting 30% ?!

on current form, who wouldnt wanna watch air-canada/half-man half-amazing/vinsanity take on the twin towers..

Micheal Jordan isnt in his prime but he is still probably the most valuble player in the league.

THat is just silly Jod

There are 20 players in the league that are more valuable, no genuine side would trade for Jordan

hmmm.. where did that utah or dallas thread go?
the betting one??

sheesh, utah over dallas and the clips over orlando $@#!!

Originally posted by coxon
miami does play a boring game, and washington (yes, MJ factor is powerful), but who wants to wtach a game where the team would be shooting 30% ?!

on current form, who wouldnt wanna watch air-canada/half-man half-amazing/vinsanity take on the twin towers..

I think the change came also because the Wizards are starting to win and they are shooting better now otherwise they wouldnt be winning. Lets be honest though, the general public who arent really fans tune in to watch MJ, ppl like that dont even know who Carter is?

Would be nice to be in America though, they get double headers and ****....how sweet would that be. Get some food, a couple of bourbons and settle back and watch both games back to back....*sigh*

THat is just silly Jod

There are 20 players in the league that are more valuable, no genuine side would trade for Jordan

Didnt say anybody would trade for him, he is 38 but he is still the most valuble player in the league. The Lakers are just about a sure thing but there are still doubts about them going all the way, Sacramento being the big hurdle. Remove Kobe from the lineup and insert Micheal Jordan and i would put my life on LA winning everything.

Remove Stoja from Sacremento and put Jordan in his place. Goodbye LA, Kings for the title. Just because he plays for a **** team doesnt make him any worse. Stick Kobe on the Wizards alone and see how he goes.

Jordan is still the most valuble player in the league because he is reveered (sp?) players watch in awe of him, he is feared and he is still double teamed at every opportunity. And the most important thing, especially in todays game, he plays to win! At all costs, at any odds he is there to win. Jordan is the most valuble player in the league. He wont win the award but he still is.

Lets be honest though the award is a little tainted....how can Malone, Barkley win the MVP when Jordan was in his prime. It was obvious that Jordan was the most valuble player in the league pretty much every year after 88. When he won his first in 88, after that there was only one year when he played a full season that the Bulls didnt win the title....he should have 7 or 8, not 5.

But thats another story.

Didnt say anybody would trade for him, he is 38 but he is still the most valuble player in the league.

More valuable than Shaq? More valuable than T Duncan?

I think not

Jordan is still the most valuble player in the league because he is reveered (sp?) players watch in awe of him, he is feared and he is still double teamed at every opportunity. And the most important thing, especially in todays game, he plays to win! At all costs, at any odds he is there to win. Jordan is the most valuble player in the league. He wont win the award but he still is.

Lets be honest though the award is a little tainted....how can Malone, Barkley win the MVP when Jordan was in his prime.

barkley's MVP was well deserved...
mvp goes for regular season, and barkley and his outstanding season led the suns to a league best 62wins that year... and the suns were on target to win the championship...

MJ as the valuable player now?? nah..
surprising most people, he's still among the best players in the league.. but, cant say most valuable..

Duncan, O'Neal....Bigmen are always more important than guards and therefore more valuable. But i think Jordan would be the most valuble player in the league under 6'10. He's more valuble than Kobe, Iverson, T-Mac etc etc...

Nobody disagreed with my remove Stoja or Kobe and insert MJ theory cos we all know im right.

Oh and on the topic, another win for the Wizards today!! Go Mike. He got 16 points 6 boards and 9 assists so its getting really good, if we can win without Jordan having to score heavily then all the better. Rip Hamilton had 30 and Haywood has totally arrived!! 17 pts and 15 boards i think..
Carn Wizards

But i think Jordan would be the most valuble player in the league under 6'10. He's more valuble than Kobe, Iverson, T-Mac etc etc...

Nice back peddle Jod.

Even still, you honestly telling me that Jordan would, if the MVP was decided today, win it ahead of the likes of McGrady, Carter and Kobe?

If the answer is yes you are living in a dreamworld.

Nice back peddle Jod.

Even still, you honestly telling me that Jordan would, if the MVP was decided today, win it ahead of the likes of McGrady, Carter and Kobe?

If the answer is yes you are living in a dreamworld.

I never said he would win the award but he is more valuble. T-Mac, Kobe, Iverson there all great players who can put up nice numbers but none of them can take over a game like Mike, none are feared like Mike and none of them know how to win like Mike..

Like mike, if i could be like Mike... :D

Cmon think about it, put any of those three i mentioned on the Wizards and see if they can get to 8 - 12...i doubt it.

I never said he would win the award but he is more valuble.

The award is the Most VALUABLE Player.

Surely if he is "the most valuable player in the league" then he would win it????

Or maybe you've made a silly statement and won't admit to it??

T-Mac, Kobe, Iverson there all great players who can put up nice numbers but none of them can take over a game like Mike, none are feared like Mike and none of them know how to win like Mike..

Did you miss T-Mac getting back to back 40+ plus games?

Gee Mike is really winning isn't he?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back