Watch AFL from overseas

Remove this Banner Ad

I wanted to bump this thread. Has anyone noticed that the WatchAFL app when overseas uses a truckload of data. I mean I'm talking I watched Port V Carlton and the game took somewhere around 6-7 GB only watching live play and skipping the breaks. Couldn't believe it.

There are times when you just can't access WiFi, and so I've been using a phone SIM I got in Italy with 10GB of data available across the whole of the EU, and if I watch a game it takes basically all my data. In Oz I always found the AFL Live app would use no more than maybe 500Mb-1Gb for an entire game.
It didn’t at the start of the year but it would be unsurprising if they have broken something.

I wanted to bump this thread. Has anyone noticed that the WatchAFL app when overseas uses a truckload of data. I mean I'm talking I watched Port V Carlton and the game took somewhere around 6-7 GB only watching live play and skipping the breaks. Couldn't believe it.

There are times when you just can't access WiFi, and so I've been using a phone SIM I got in Italy with 10GB of data available across the whole of the EU, and if I watch a game it takes basically all my data. In Oz I always found the AFL Live app would use no more than maybe 500Mb-1Gb for an entire game.
I watched bit more than half a game without wifi a few weeks ago a chewed about 2gb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back