Watch out Sheeds, the flinstones are coming.....

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
this weekend to give you an almighty smacking. Sheeds, how do you propose you'll stop Chris Judd?? "We'll wait till he goes near the ball and then we'll just hit him". Well done Sheeds, a great idea there. We always knew your team just resorts to thuggery when they have no hope of winning.

Bombers 2003

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
Yatala
AFL Club
Essendon
itsintheblood said:
We always knew your team just resorts to thuggery when they have no hope of winning.
And this from a RFC Supporter!!!!!!!!!!!
RFC would have to be the greatest exponent of Thuggery in the AFL.

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
Bombers 2003 said:
And this from a RFC Supporter!!!!!!!!!!!
RFC would have to be the greatest exponent of Thuggery in the AFL.

We are??? Can you tell us who our current thugs are and who have been thugs for the last 20 years? If there's one thing we've lacked over the years is a Glen Archer type player.

Bombers 2003

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
Yatala
AFL Club
Essendon
itsintheblood said:
We are??? Can you tell us who our current thugs are and who have been thugs for the last 20 years? If there's one thing we've lacked over the years is a Glen Archer type player.
Maybe you're right there!
Though Gasper can be a thug if he gots the idea in his brain.

Bombers 2003 said:
Gasper=Archer
Blasphemy. I ought to ban your sorry posterior...or better yet confine your access to bay13.:D

Sheeds was good as usual last night. Very tongue in cheek and represents his club well. Pity about the interviewer.

Shads

All Australian
Jun 27, 2001
Somewhere out West.
AFL Club
Essendon
itsintheblood said:
this weekend to give you an almighty smacking. Sheeds, how do you propose you'll stop Chris Judd?? "We'll wait till he goes near the ball and then we'll just hit him". Well done Sheeds, a great idea there. We always knew your team just resorts to thuggery when they have no hope of winning.

I knew last night as soon as sheeds said it that some idiot on BF would make something out of it.

hawkeye23

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 29, 2004
Vale crackers57
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The Clique - of course!
Dingster said:
Blasphemy. I ought to ban your sorry posterior...or better yet confine your access to bay13.:D

Sheeds was good as usual last night. Very tongue in cheek and represents his club well. Pity about the interviewer.

Do you think so? Am I the only one who, whenever they see Sheeds, thinks he needs a bloody good haircut and a scrub????

Maybe I'm getting old :eek:

hawkeye23 said:
Do you think so? Am I the only one who, whenever they see Sheeds, thinks he needs a bloody good haircut and a scrub????

Maybe I'm getting old :eek:
He does a good job at deflecting issues and talking about what he wants to talk about instead of letting the media push him around as what happens at my club.

Kooley

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
out west
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
arsenal
itsintheblood said:
for a start glen archer isn't a thug and secondly that gutless defender turner you had a few years back was a behind the play sniper.

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
Kooley said:
for a start glen archer isn't a thug and secondly that gutless defender turner you had a few years back was a behind the play sniper.

Who said archer was a thug?

Bwahahahahahaha. Another bitter carlton fan. You still bitter about the 2001 final??? We played like crap and still beat your arses?

If you're talking about the 1995 semi v essendon, was one of the greatest combacks in a final ive seen. We were dead and buried at half time. Scotty's block on odonnell change the game. We won!!!

OB1

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
itsintheblood said:
If you're talking about the 1995 semi v essendon, was one of the greatest combacks in a final ive seen.

If you're talking Richmond comebacks its probably the only one you've seen;)

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
OB1 said:
If you're talking Richmond comebacks its probably the only one you've seen;)

Not really. Our comeback from 56 points down to beat hawthorn by 20 a couple of years ago was pretty good. So was the rd22 clash against carlton at craptus oval after being 7 goals down at 3qtr time. Oh yeah, and richos 200th last year v's power after being down 5 goals to win by 10 was pretty good to see in the flesh too. Any more you'd like? I've been to all these by the way.

OB1

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
itsintheblood said:
Not really. Our comeback from 56 points down to beat hawthorn by 20 a couple of years ago was pretty good. So was the rd22 clash against carlton at craptus oval after being 7 goals down at 3qtr time. Oh yeah, and richos 200th last year v's power after being down 5 goals to win by 10 was pretty good to see in the flesh too. Any more you'd like? I've been to all these by the way.

I was talking about finals, you know those games you've won bugger all of for 25 years. Actually has any team won less in that time?:D

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
OB1 said:
I was talking about finals, you know those games you've won bugger all of for 25 years. Actually has any team won less in that time?:D

Be more specific next time.

No you're right and you would already know the answer to that and also the fact that despite us being so unsuccessful, we still manage to sign up 30,000 members to this day. Pretty damn impressive hey? Any more info you'd like?

Cogz24

All Australian
Sep 30, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Im just amazed at how aarogant essendon are. Their president was quoted as saying a flag is achievable by 2008. Do they refuse to except that they are urine??.

Do they really think that there more advanced then Geelong,Bulldogs,St Kilda,Hawthorn, West Coast ect.., in terms of rebuilding the list with young players

Sheedy is full of smokescreens and rubbish. Reality hurts when your top 3 players of the last decade are on the decline

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
Cogz24 said:
Im just amazed at how aarogant essendon are. Their president was quoted as saying a flag is achievable by 2008. Do they refuse to except that they are urine??.

Do they really think that there more advanced then Geelong,Bulldogs,St Kilda,Hawthorn, West Coast ect.., in terms of rebuilding the list with young players

Sheedy is full of smokescreens and rubbish. Reality hurts when your top 3 players of the last decade are on the decline

I was waiting for him to add solomon to the list of players who "coach themselves". Thanks go to all those players responsible who changed solomons' mind about leaving. Thanks heaps.

OB1

Club Legend
Feb 19, 2004
Home
AFL Club
Essendon
itsintheblood said:
Be more specific next time.

No you're right and you would already know the answer to that and also the fact that despite us being so unsuccessful, we still manage to sign up 30,000 members to this day. Pretty damn impressive hey? Any more info you'd like?

Your the 1 who was talking about the 95 finals. In terms of actual comebacks that game would hardly rate. If it was a rnd 3 match against Stkilda it would have been forgotten to time.
We're sitting on the bottom, we've just come off our worst year for nearly 3 decades & we still have higher membership than Richmond. More members simply mean more $$ for the club & more difficulty getting seats! Why are tiges so obsessed lately with your supporter base? Is this you trying to re-assert your status as a big 4 club? I have laughed over the last few years as some Hawks supporters & even some Dees (yeah right) have tried to claim that they are now big 4 Vic clubs but really the whole concept is now outdated. Every Vic club (Essendon & Collingwood included) are simply swimming against the tide & trying to keep up with the interstate clubs.
Yes Richmond have a lot of supporters & thats probably the thing that may have saved you from being the Brisbane Tigers or possibly the Fitzroy Ligers but why do you suddenly feel the need to compair yourselves to Essendon? Every second thread is a tiger troll about the Bombers. You do realise that us being down at the moment doesn't actually make the tiges last qtr century any better don't you? No matter how long we spend holding up the ladder I will always hope that the future brings improvement for my team not the demise of others.

Cogz24

All Australian
Sep 30, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
itsintheblood said:
I was waiting for him to add solomon to the list of players who "coach themselves". Thanks go to all those players responsible who changed solomons' mind about leaving. Thanks heaps.

True, if we had got solmon it would have set us back a long way, especially in terms of salary cap space. However its not all solomon's fault from what i gather his knees are stuffed and he struggled to complete a pre-season this yr

Kooley

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
out west
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
arsenal
itsintheblood said:
here you go. this tells me you think glen archer is a thug. in one sentence you say richmond hasn't had a thug in 20 years and in the next sentence you say the one thing richmond has lacked is a glen archer type. :confused:

mustapha

Club Legend
Jun 13, 2001
Bundoora
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory
Cogz24 said:

A flag in 2008 should be a goal for every club. If you don't set goals you don't achieve anything. Would you prefer your president to come out and say "we have a hopeless team with no light at the end of the tunnel"? What do you expect a president of a football club to say?

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
OB1 said:
Your the 1 who was talking about the 95 finals. In terms of actual comebacks that game would hardly rate. If it was a rnd 3 match against Stkilda it would have been forgotten to time.
We're sitting on the bottom, we've just come off our worst year for nearly 3 decades & we still have higher membership than Richmond. More members simply mean more $$ for the club & more difficulty getting seats! Why are tiges so obsessed lately with your supporter base? Is this you trying to re-assert your status as a big 4 club? I have laughed over the last few years as some Hawks supporters & even some Dees (yeah right) have tried to claim that they are now big 4 Vic clubs but really the whole concept is now outdated. Every Vic club (Essendon & Collingwood included) are simply swimming against the tide & trying to keep up with the interstate clubs.
Yes Richmond have a lot of supporters & thats probably the thing that may have saved you from being the Brisbane Tigers or possibly the Fitzroy Ligers but why do you suddenly feel the need to compair yourselves to Essendon? Every second thread is a tiger troll about the Bombers. You do realise that us being down at the moment doesn't actually make the tiges last qtr century any better don't you? No matter how long we spend holding up the ladder I will always hope that the future brings improvement for my team not the demise of others.

Your true test will be how quickly your closet supporters drop off next year if you win less than 4 games and finish on the bottom. Will be very interesting to see the result. You've all been spoilt and now you're on the bottom it's hurting a lot. All clubs have spent some time near the bottom except essendon....until now.

Back