Watched any good DVD's lately?

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched "Employee of the Month" the other day.

Dax Shepard does a great job as the villain.

'Pedro' from "Napoleon Dynamite" is in it aswell. Plays a similar sort of role too.

Watched both Carl Barron DVDs today, can't go wrong with them.

And gave my "Merv Hughes Trivia Challenge" DVD a spin today, seems a nice little game.

Has anyone got the thin boxset Heroes Season One?

I just got it today, what the hell is up with the dvd case?! There are 7 discs and there are 6 disc holders so they put the last disc (prob the most important one as well) into a random plastic sleeve...I'm pretty pissed off at this.

Watched all these on DVD in the last 2 weeks.

Die Hard 4.0 - a bit lame, but entertaining. They stayed true to the original trilogy.
Futurama: Benders big score - Too long I thought. Just like the Simpsons movie. These are 30 minute shows and not really suited to movie length.
Shooter: I loved it.
Hitman: Lame. Storyline is hard to follow and very flimsy.
I am legend: Most disappointing movie i've seen in a long time. The trailer pretty much shows the best parts of the whole movie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched Next yesterday. The first 15-20 minutes are pretty good but the rest of it doesn't match the start. On the plus side it does have Jessica Biel in it wearing only a towel:) unfortunately not a hand towel:(

If your looking for a 2nd movie to rent with something you really want to watch, then consider it.

Agree with the I am Legend comments, not worth the hype.

I am legend: Most disappointing movie i've seen in a long time. The trailer pretty much shows the best parts of the whole movie.

Just saw that on the cinemas last night. It was a bit of a let down, and didn't really go into enough detail and the ending was crap. Couldn't understand the zombie/mutated people, hit them with a gun and they get knocked out, shoot them they die yet head butting strong glass doesn't hurt or knock them out :rolleyes:

Also saw Vacancy last week, not bad and a little different to other horror movies but the ending was a little sudden, seems to be a problem with films these days they cant get the ending right.

I saw The Condemned starring Stone Cold Steve Austin, and I am ashamed to admit that I really enjoyed it. Also re-watched Team America:World Police last night (great comedy) as well as Who Is Cletis Tout? which was pretty enjoyable. Asked them for The Usual Suspects and Talladega Nights but both were out. Watched Adaptation a few weeks ago as well and it was ok.

Napoleon, the mini series that was on a few years back, bloody awesome. The Secret Policeman's Ball from 2006, hilarious.
Back To The Future.

Finally got around to watching Shaun of the Dead last night. Didn't love it, but it wasn't a bad movie. :)

I watched Hostel II the other night! How funny to see a dude get his knob cut off with a pair of shears! 'Click go the shears boys Click! Click! Click!'. Bummed there wasn't as much body action as the first one though!

Working my way through various TV series atm, 24, The Sopranos, Battlestar Galactica and the West Wing. Watched Pirates of the Carribean 3 the other night, had a few beers beforehand and maybe that is why I couldn't work out what the hell was going on. Blood Diamond and The Last King of Scotland are two very good movies that I recently watched as well. Plus I watched the LOTR trilogy across the few days I had off on New Years. Been pretty busy on the DVD front now I think of it, and that doesn't even include the footy dvd's I've also been watching.

Anyone watch Dexter? The forensics expert who is also a serial killer :eek:

Interesting storylines and has some funny moments.
Can't stand the acting of the sister though (Jennifer Carpenter)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back