Watching AFL while overseas?

Remove this Banner Ad

I have an AFL Live account.
I managed to set up Kodi with AFL Video add-on and logged in my AFL Live account and watch an AFLW game live on Kodi. The quality was not great but was OK.
If you use an Australian VPN you should be able to use this method from anywhere as long as you have an AFL Live account.

I have an AFL Live account.
I managed to set up Kodi with AFL Video add-on and logged in my AFL Live account and watch an AFLW game live on Kodi. The quality was not great but was OK.
If you use an Australian VPN you should be able to use this method from anywhere as long as you have an AFL Live account.
I also have an account, kodi and that add on but cant get to work? Ive added in all my details but never loads.

I used the AFL website 'WatchAFL' last year which was about £80 for the year,. then the AFL changed it this year and it's up to £135 for the year,. but that's because it now coming through Foxtel, so you get all the foxtel footy shows I think,.
Let's face it,. if you're a fan.. you'll pay whatever it costs :) And you get access to the brownlow, draft etc etc too so it's is pretty reasonable really.

I also have an account, kodi and that add on but cant get to work? Ive added in all my details but never loads.

Strange.
I tried the same thing on another device and the add-on would not install.
Try a different device?

What do you mean by "never loads"? On the weekend do you see a list of upcoming games? You click on a live game and no video comes up?

I used the AFL website 'WatchAFL' last year which was about £80 for the year,. then the AFL changed it this year and it's up to £135 for the year,. but that's because it now coming through Foxtel, so you get all the foxtel footy shows I think,.
Let's face it,. if you're a fan.. you'll pay whatever it costs :) And you get access to the brownlow, draft etc etc too so it's is pretty reasonable really.

What have you thought of the quality? I've found it hard to watch so far in pre season as the quality is average, wondering if it's a result of my internet though

What have you thought of the quality? I've found it hard to watch so far in pre season as the quality is average, wondering if it's a result of my internet though

Sorry to intrude but just noticed this thread.
WatchAFL has gone backwards this year.
Seems to be getting slightly better each week of the preseason but I'm having lots of issues with video buffering and the quality has varied quite a bit.
Last year it was excellent, so far this season I'm disappointed!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

OK the problem with Kodi/AFL Livepass might be because you are using an old version of the AFL video addon.
You can download the latest version here (1.7.7 at time of writing)

https://github.com/andybotting/xbmc-addon-afl-video/archive/master.zip

I suggest first uninstalling the existing AFL Video addon which may be out of date (mine was 1.6 something).
Then add new video addon from zip file you just downloaded to get the latest version.
(SYSTEM - ADDONS - INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE).

I am getting pretty good video quality with this method.
Be sure to configure the AFL video addon for highest quality your connection will support.

At AUD $90 this is pretty cheap for a season.
Anybody OS can use this too rather than the more expensive WATCHAFL but you need to use an Australian based VPN.

OK the problem with Kodi/AFL Livepass might be because you are using an old version of the AFL video addon.
You can download the latest version here (1.7.7 at time of writing)

https://github.com/andybotting/xbmc-addon-afl-video/archive/master.zip

I suggest first uninstalling the existing AFL Video addon which may be out of date (mine was 1.6 something).
Then add new video addon from zip file you just downloaded to get the latest version.
(SYSTEM - ADDONS - INSTALL FROM ZIP FILE).

I am getting pretty good video quality with this method.
Be sure to configure the AFL video addon for highest quality your connection will support.

At AUD $90 this is pretty cheap for a season.
Anybody OS can use this too rather than the more expensive WATCHAFL but you need to use an Australian based VPN.
I have the latest version of the add on as Listed here. Could be the maximum connection I'll try that. Gives an error after waiting for 20 seconds for it to load.

Sorry to intrude but just noticed this thread.
WatchAFL has gone backwards this year.
Seems to be getting slightly better each week of the preseason but I'm having lots of issues with video buffering and the quality has varied quite a bit.
Last year it was excellent, so far this season I'm disappointed!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How are you accessing it? I was using a VPN and had that trouble. Set up the Getflix VPN on my pc and it's now smooth as

Living in Dubai so not using a VPN.
Today things seem to be working great - using home wi-fi on both my laptop and iPhone.
The test will be later when I go out and try it using the local 3G network.
So far my iPhone is only usable if I have wifi.

Living in Dubai so not using a VPN.
Today things seem to be working great - using home wi-fi on both my laptop and iPhone.
The test will be later when I go out and try it using the local 3G network.
So far my iPhone is only usable if I have wifi.
Ok I might have to try again too, I'm using a VPN and it didn't work earlier in the jlt series. I have a free trial until the end of pre season , so will turf before season proper if still unwatchable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back