Watching Cricket in Western and Northern Australia in July and August?

Remove this Banner Ad

Schenkeli

Draftee
Dec 27, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi everyone, we wil be doing a road trip from Perth to Darwin and Cairns next year from 12.07. till 04.09.2020 - and then spend a few days in Sydney at the end.
We would like to watch some Cricket Live along the way - it doesn't need to be the top league which I guess is centered in the South and East of the Country. Some semi-professional / minor / hobby league would be fine as well. I've heared that cricket isn't really played during the Australian Winter and only starts again in October - is that also the case for the minor leagues in the Northern Half of the country?
How would I find out about any match schedules in the area of Geraldton, Carnavon, Exmouth, Broom, Derby, Katherin, Darwin and Cairns in July and August?
Thanks for your help,
Thomas

In all honesty mate, I don't think you'll find any cricket worth watching in Geraldton, Carnarvon, Exmouth, Broome,or Derby. These are not big enough towns to support that kind of thing. Anyone who is any good at cricket will have moved to Perth a long time ago to pursue career opportunities. The rest I don't know much about.

I played for a few years in Darwin in the Southern off season. The standard varied, some years you had a lot of guys from the major centres up there, other years you didn’t.

I suspect these days it’s a bit easier to go to the UK to play in the off season than it used to be.

Used to be about May to September. Way too much rain from November to March for cricket, and weather pretty sapping too.

I loved playing up there, the ball did plenty.

Hi everyone, we wil be doing a road trip from Perth to Darwin and Cairns next year from 12.07. till 04.09.2020 - and then spend a few days in Sydney at the end.
We would like to watch some Cricket Live along the way - it doesn't need to be the top league which I guess is centered in the South and East of the Country. Some semi-professional / minor / hobby league would be fine as well. I've heared that cricket isn't really played during the Australian Winter and only starts again in October - is that also the case for the minor leagues in the Northern Half of the country?
How would I find out about any match schedules in the area of Geraldton, Carnavon, Exmouth, Broom, Derby, Katherin, Darwin and Cairns in July and August?
Thanks for your help,
Thomas
Searching teams and competitions on the mycricket website or app would be your best bet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back