Watching North matches overseas

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.watchafl.com.au/ - They have really lifted their game. Can stream the fox channel 24/7. Can watch Open Mike, AFL 360, On the Coach on demand. Very good product now.

Also a few games a week are televised live in the UK on BT sports 1 and 2. fortunately the Roebuck and the Antelope in Warwick have BT however you look like a bit of a souse rocking up early in the morning ordering a pint with breakfast.

Looking for some help from our overseas based supporters. I'm currently in Europe on business and have no idea how to stream the match?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hey mate, I was overseas the first couple of weeks of this season and got a month Watch AFL Global pass.

I didn't realize "one month" meant we will deduct your credit card every month so i inadvertently still have an active sunscription for the next 3 rounds.

PM me and will give you my login details. All you will need is to download the app on your iPad or phone.
Or you can stream it straight off their website.

Please don't resubscribe me though!

The AFL's claims re billions of viewers is PR spin. Just spent a week in Singapore. Only AFL I could find was on the Australia Channel - probably the most boring TV channel ever created. It is ABC run and I think they sit down each month and determine what are the most boring programs we have and then put them on the Australia Channel on high rotation. They covered the Anzac Day game live but that was all I could find.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

+1

I've been using it since I moved ~1.5 months ago and it's quality. Too bad they don't have such a service for Aussie residents :S

It's a real shame as they've got a great product this season. (works for those who use getflix fyi). roughly $200 per year to watch foxfooty and all afl games.

+1 for Watch AFL.

Anyone sick of forking out $64 a month + offseason for Foxtel, could do a lot worse than to give them a go. You have to geododge so it's not entirely ethical, but the AFL & Fox are still getting your money so they wouldn't exactly be crying themselves to sleep at night.

One little quirk that really bothers me - live games run in full HD (720p), but replays, while technically still 720p, are much lower bitrate and the quality is noticeably poorer. Pretty sure they are the exact same replays you get on the Telstra website, just 12 hours earlier.

One little quirk that really bothers me - live games run in full HD (720p), but replays, while technically still 720p, are much lower bitrate and the quality is noticeably poorer. Pretty sure they are the exact same replays you get on the Telstra website, just 12 hours earlier.

Thats interesting because the afl live pass is also 720p. it is however limited to portable devices. Ppppst Try plugging an mhl cable into a compatable deveice after the stream has commenced.

Thats interesting because the afl live pass is also 720p. it is however limited to portable devices. Ppppst Try plugging an mhl cable into a compatable deveice after the stream has commenced.

Thanks Koshari. For the hypothetical scenario you outline - if anyone were ever crazy to try such a thing - do you get full screen 720p? Does it ever randomly cutout 'just because'?

If you are in Penang, Malaysia the AFL is shown at Straits Quay. The Shed aka The Aussie Shed west quay. Huge kangaroo out the front. Also at the Irish pub in the main section.

Weirdly I havnt been to a city overseas yet where there isn't an Irish pub somewhere in town that screens Aussie rules!!

Weirdly I havnt been to a city overseas yet where there isn't an Irish pub somewhere in town that screens Aussie rules!!

Yet when I go to my local pub in Brisbane with four TVs with the same NRL game, they won't put on one tv to show the North game.

I have.

Lübeck in Germany - went looking for a place screening the 2007 GF and ended up getting caught in a king tide and having to help a local publican sandbag the front entrance of his bar before finishing up in a lesbian nightclub, listening to a German Black Sabbath cover band. Interesting day/night that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back