Watching the AFL games whilst in Europe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Likewise, I am heading to the US shortly and I was wondering if anybody had an idea on watching AFL up there. I stream bball through 'those' sites, but have never found footy ones. PM me?

Cheeeeers :)

Hi mate

Might be worth investing in a sling box and attached that to your home tv/internet. I run one out of melbourne so can watch all aussie shows through the computer. About $300 from JB Hi Fi last time i was home

Massive bump.

Anyone know of a place in Rome to watch tomorrow's game?

Seems to be on Eurosport 2 at 11.45am.

I'm in Rome as well - I was going to go to Ostia, but if you want some company I'll come down and watch the game. The bar doesn't open until 12 though according to Google.

Scholars lounge, via del plebisco, on piazza gesu which is around the corner from piazza Venezia. That's the place the guy in abbey theatre recommended.

Whereabouts is Ostia? If it's easy I'll go there because I haven't checked out scholars lounge. I'm doing the forum in the morning, so that vicinity would be ideal but I'm easy.

Os
Scholars lounge, via del plebisco, on piazza gesu which is around the corner from piazza Venezia. That's the place the guy in abbey theatre recommended.

Whereabouts is Ostia? If it's easy I'll go there because I haven't checked out scholars lounge. I'm doing the forum in the morning, so that vicinity would be ideal but I'm easy.

Ostia's on the coast - I'll still have time to go after the match if I take the train - I doubt there'd be anywhere to watch it there anyway considering it's roman ruins ;)

Scholar's lounge looks alright also. Either would work for me. Going to do Castel st Angelo in the morning anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not Europe but landed in Thailand, checked into the hotel, hooked into the Wifi and listened to a Geelong game on the AFL app. Couple in the next room came out afterwards and asked if I'd watched the game. Turned out it was on Aussie TV, channel 24. Doh!!!

Want to watch the 2013 AFL Grand Final live?

Belushi's Amsterdam will once again host Amsterdam's biggest Aussie Rules Grand Final event!

Catch all the action live on our big screens with English Commentary.

http://on.fb.me/1fd2brF

What do you need to know?

- Doors open at 6.00am Saturday 28th of September!

- Get in early to get a seat

- Aussie snack and Aussie beers

- We’re located on Warmoesstraat 129, 1012JA

http://www.winston.nl/about/directions

Last year hundreds of fans packed in to Belushi's bars across Europe to see a thriller and no doubt the footy will turn it on again in 2013,

Cheers, The Belushi's Crew,

Belushi’s Amsterdam

Amsterdam’s N.o1 Aussie Hangout!

Attachments

• Belushis-Amsterdam-AFL-GRAND-FINAL-2013.jpg
    Belushis-Amsterdam-AFL-GRAND-FINAL-2013.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 44
Hey bombers brothers and sisters,

I am in San Sebastián for the game this weekend and I'll be blowed if I'm forking out my serious lack of travel funds to the AFL to watch the game on their shitty league pass. I also cannot miss this game. Does anyone know of a pub around there I could watch the game? Many thanks and carn dons

Don't like your chances in San Seb, best way would be to track down a stream (legally of course.....)

Or do the old refresh every 30sec on the Live Score App like many a broke backpacker before and just imagine what it would look like, then go eat tapas

Cheers DD.. After these past 5 years I can't miss this and guess I'll just pay for the pass.. Suppose that's why they invented credit cards for "emergency" situations like this (just won't tell my Mrs haha)... Thanks for your help mate!!

Cheers DD.. After these past 5 years I can't miss this and guess I'll just pay for the pass.. Suppose that's why they invented credit cards for "emergency" situations like this (just won't tell my Mrs haha)... Thanks for your help mate!!

If you are going to fork out for an AFL pass, make sure it's the overseas one (watchafl.com.au) and not the Telstra live pass because that doesn't work internationally and that would be money straight down the shitter.

A couple of years ago I watched finals on my iPad with the previous incarnation of that Watch AFL thing and it was pretty good. I think you can buy the Grand Final for $25 which is a rinsing but probably the best you'll get...

Good luck mate!

If you are going to fork out for an AFL pass, make sure it's the overseas one (watchafl.com.au) and not the Telstra live pass because that doesn't work internationally and that would be money straight down the shitter.

A couple of years ago I watched finals on my iPad with the previous incarnation of that Watch AFL thing and it was pretty good. I think you can buy the Grand Final for $25 which is a rinsing but probably the best you'll get...

Good luck mate!

Ah! Thanks so much mate! Was legit about to go online tomorrow and purchase with the Telstra live pass app, you just saved me a world of pain... Yeah quite a few years ago (getting on a bit now) I watched a few games while I was in Morocco using one of the AFL pass things and it seemed to be ok and rather inexpensive? Either way can't wait I'm gunna get rat faced at 8 am and abuse Buddy like he is right in front of me... Carn dons!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back