Watching the GF in Melbourne for those who miss out

Which one

• Duke of Wellington

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Turf Bar

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2015 the Duke of Wellington was a nominal Eagles pub. I'll probably be at the Arcadia which is only stumbling distance from my house, which is also a great footy pub. Owner is a mad Geelong fan and used to paint the outside of the pub blue and white when they made the GF

Young and Jacksons or The Duke is where I've hung out for the last three GFs. Has been a pro Eagles crowd each time, can't imagine it being overrun by Pies supporters. Great spot right across from Flinders St Station, Fed Square (where love site used to be) and not too far from MCG.

I will be walking through those doors in about in about 2 hours. Can't wait. Hope I run into a few of you peeps in there.

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

If you want to watch the GF in Melbourne I highly recommend the Turf Bar, fantastic atmosphere, lots of screens and little nooks or big rooms to watch...great food too. Always packed for big games so get in very early!
We’ve watched lots of games there and love it.

http://turfbar.com.au/
Turf Bar gets a tick; just had lunch there, staff were friendly and attentive. Standing room only Sat though (all tables reserved), prob'ly best to get there when it opens at 11.30.

Turf Bar gets a tick; just had lunch there, staff were friendly and attentive. Standing room only Sat though (all tables reserved), prob'ly best to get there when it opens at 11.30.
We did a walk in too a couple of years ago and ended up getting a table when a few people left. The atmosphere is great there for the big games, you’ll love it.

Back