Watching the Grand Final in Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't wait till Saturday and will be at Telstra Plaza, but can't understand why it is there and that they aren't opening thw actual stadium up for everyone?

You would not be able to get more than 5000 into Telstra Plaza safely. The stadium is being opened up and the screens being used for corporates anyway so why not open it up to all???

What happens when the plaza fills to capacity?

Can't wait till Saturday and will be at Telstra Plaza, but can't understand why it is there and that they aren't opening thw actual stadium up for everyone?

You would not be able to get more than 5000 into Telstra Plaza safely. The stadium is being opened up and the screens being used for corporates anyway so why not open it up to all???

I'll be renting a paddle boat and watching the screen from on the water.

Is that the southern entrance? That's bizarre. Maybe something is on the oval soon after so they'd want to protect the grass?

I've booked a stadium package in the end anyway. Pretty excited!

Is that the southern entrance? That's bizarre. Maybe something is on the oval soon after so they'd want to protect the grass?

I've booked a stadium package in the end anyway. Pretty excited!

wouldn't be that, they have the True Grit night attack on the ground Thursday and Friday

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Torn between the AO plaza and the Alma. The Alma will be packed to the absolute rafters but the atmosphere will be more cosy/louder than the plaza. But the plaza might be easier overall and more spacious - the family and I would pull up the picnic chairs.

Then there's the very comfy Arkaba sports bar, but I expect that'll be a sardine can too. And of course the Goodwood Hotel which has a pretty good set of screens. And the Highway Inn - any more suggestions for good atmosphere and screens?

Torn between the AO plaza and the Alma. The Alma will be packed to the absolute rafters but the atmosphere will be more cosy/louder than the plaza. But the plaza might be easier overall and more spacious - the family and I would pull up the picnic chairs.

Yeah, I'm torn. I had planned to go to AO, but that was on the assumption that they were actually opening it up. If it's just standing around out there on the plaza, I'll probably look at other options. Probably a pub somewhere. I doubt you'll even be able to get into the Alma unless you're there at like 8am, though, so might look at what else is around the place.

Yeah, I'm torn. I had planned to go to AO, but that was on the assumption that they were actually opening it up. If it's just standing around out there on the plaza, I'll probably look at other options. Probably a pub somewhere. I doubt you'll even be able to get into the Alma unless you're there at like 8am, though, so might look at what else is around the place.
At least we're not torn in the Port way ;)

#yourteaminthegrandfinalproblems

Thanks, anyone booked these yet?

Which one did you go for?

I think the sit down menu would be a bit too formal.

And i'm guessing "premium beverages" means crown lager?

EDIT: Just booked the $99 package, hoping I can chill with some of you lads/ladies there as my 3 footy mates are all going to the GF

I booked the $99. Paid for my mum to join me - she's been at every AO game this year, so I thought I'd do the right thing.

I'll be headed around to a mates house who's got a lovely man cave + bar + big screen TV. The beers will be flowing and they'll be plenty of Crows supporters there and it's only a short stagger home after that.
What's your GF plans?
Lucky enough to get a ticket?
Home with the BBQ going?
Go for it.

We've got about 25 or more coming to my place for a BBQ , booze etc. Do it every year for the GF and most of us are Crowies so this year (In the words of Bruce) is going to be special, can't wait!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back