FTA-TV Watchmen

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd never even heard of this.

My Watchmen fandom days are well behind me (still adore the GN and fond of the film, but additional stuff I can take or leave), so it will have to be decent to pull me in, but Lindelof is bound to do something intriguing with it, and the cast is solid.

Wouldn't mind comic book adaptions ******* off for a while. They're taking up 'serious TV' space now. Space that better and maybe even original sci-fi would otherwise get.

I cant help but feel that Lindelof is the best and worst person at the same time to be in charge of this. Only one thing is for sure and that is that it will be different, but prob not as different as Leftovers....what is though.

Lindelof's hit pay dirt. DC fanbois will not give a s**t about plots and logic the way The Leftovers and Lost fans did. He'll piss it in with them.

Last edited:

I’m looking forward to this more than any other new show in quite a while.

I loved the early seasons of Lost and frickin adored The Leftovers. Lindelof is perfect for this project. Can’t wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds ridiculous.
Well, in the original graphic novel, America won the Vietnam war under Nixon who served more than 2 terms as a result, they made Vietnam a state of the USA. This is an alternate timeline story, not based on actual history, so it isn't ridiculous as it's Watchmen canon. I get the feeling they're not going to explain much to you on this series so people who don't know Watchmen (the graphic novel, not so much the movie) will probably struggle to understand some of it.

The first episode certainly has some head scratching moments that don't resolve by the end

Well, in the original graphic novel, America won the Vietnam war under Nixon who served more than 2 terms as a result, they made Vietnam a state of the USA. This is an alternate timeline story, not based on actual history, so it isn't ridiculous as it's Watchmen canon. I get the feeling they're not going to explain much to you on this series so people who don't know Watchmen (the graphic novel, not so much the movie) will probably struggle to understand some of it.

The first episode certainly has some head scratching moments that don't resolve by the end
Yeah , i can't stress enough that newcomers need to read the GN and not bother with the movie

I’ve not read the GN but have seen the movie and it all made enough sense to me.

I have read bits and pieces of the canon from the net though, but still, even if I had only seen the film I would pretty much get what was going on.

btw, I assume that the two servants of Ozy thingo are some sort of clones or androids?

I’ve not read the GN but have seen the movie and it all made enough sense to me.

I have read bits and pieces of the canon from the net though, but still, even if I had only seen the film I would pretty much get what was going on.

btw, I assume that the two servants of Ozy thingo are some sort of clones or androids?
Yeah watching the movie would be more than enough buy in. If the show is self referential going forward that you have to have read a 35 year old comic to understand it, its alienated way to many people.

Genetic clone prototypes would be my guess, rather than Westworld style robots.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back