Waterhouse Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Waterhouse has just signed a deal keeping him at the club to 2004.
So much for Port snaring there old star.
Message to the Adelaide clubs is Freo's South Australian players are happy and it will require allot to entice them back.

One South Australian down and one to go

Pavlich your next mate.

Emotional stuff! Im really glad he decided to stay with you, great to see loyalty still has a place in footy....
wink.gif

C'mon Sabre get your facts right. It was Clive who wanted to come back to Adelaide and play for Port because of his Dad who was very ill. Clive made the first move not Port. Infact Freo were willing to trade him but Port refused to give Freo the players they were asking for. If Clive is happy to stay at a club thats going no where fast well all I can do is wish him the very best.

Originally posted by carb70:
C'mon Sabre get your facts right. It was Clive who wanted to come back to Adelaide and play for Port because of his Dad who was very ill. Clive made the first move not Port. Infact Freo were willing to trade him but Port refused to give Freo the players they were asking for. If Clive is happy to stay at a club thats going no where fast well all I can do is wish him the very best.

Excuse me you telling me that waterhouse just fell into there lap.And port werent presuing him and Port arnt still after him?
Pfffft yeah right
Out of curiosity who was fremantle asking for?
Fremantle is going nowhere fast huh.
Isnt it funny how a club has a few preseason matchs wins at home and all the supporters come out of the woodwork.
I wouldnt get too cocky if I was you, after all fremantle did kill your precious power last encounter.

Of course Port tried to chase him. Many people at the club were dissapointed when he chose to go to Freo instead of playing 1 more year in the SANFL and then playing for the Power, but that was Clive's decision and he is the one who has to live with it.

I don't know who Freo were asking for. All I know is hearing our CEO Brian Cunningham on the radio saying that Port were not prepared to give Freo the players they were asking for Waterhouse. I did hear that one of the players might of been Stuart Dew which would of been a crazy trade, considing Dew is 21 and a potential superstar while Clive is 26-27 and yet to prove himself consistently at AFL.

Finally Sabre Port supporters don't come out of the woodwork we are always supporting our team, its just that we have not won another major at AFL level until last week and as Freo beating us last year well lets see if you can do the same again this year.

Originally posted by carb70:

Finally Sabre Port supporters don't come out of the woodwork we are always supporting our team, its just that we have not won another major at AFL level until last week and as Freo beating us last year well lets see if you can do the same again this year.

Dont worry we will see.
Freo are hardly a club going nowhere, sumthing you realised last game between the 2 clubs.After the 2 players to carve your side up the most were only 19.
Haselby ran rampant in the midfield
and Pavlich killed Tredra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back