MRP / Trib. Waters Offered Reprimand

Remove this Banner Ad

May 14, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Beau Waters, West Coast, has been charged with a Level One engaging in rough conduct offence against Jack Grimes, Melbourne, during the second quarter of the Round Two match between West Coast and Melbourne, played at Patersons Stadium on Saturday April 7, 2012.

In summary, he can accept a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Melbourne Football Club, the incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of four activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level One offence, drawing 125 demerit points and a one-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the penalty by 25 per cent to a reprimand and 93.75 points towards his future record.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/132619/default.aspx

Crazy that it wasn't thrown out. Not high on impact.

Challenge, surely.

Worth challenging even if it weren't a s**t decision imo.

Who knows when we might lose him for an important game later on with those carryover points. And Beau being Beau...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the hit was hard, surely it was legal. It was also annoying when Kennedy(i think) pushed his opponent with his body and because he was a weak little bitch, was moved out of the contest, a free kick was paid against.

Now in general I hate all free kicks anyway but surely in a game thats solely about the contest, a man should be allowed to use his strength as his advantage? Should we ask Rioli to stop his agile ducks, or Naitanui to jump so high so we can create an even field again???

The fact Grimes was hurt is the damning thing here I think. Definitely no weeks, but I don't like the fact that Waters could have points over his head. He'll get reported by the end of the year for something similar, or something like the Watson hit, just incidental contact, so he needs all the spare points he can get. I'd be very surprised if we don't challenge. Even the commentators said it was clean, I believe it was Tony Shaw who said "I'd be pretty dirty if I got rubbed out for something like that."

How can it be negligent when he legally shepherded an opposition player who was about to chase a teammate in possession of the ball?
How is it high impact when the highest impact was the arm part of Grimes' shoulder?

This is complete rubbish from the MRP.

Stupid ruling and Matthew Pavlich got off even though they were basically the same. Definitely challenge that.

Exactly. Pavlich looked higher than the Waters hit but the MRP obviously has Beau in their sights.

As others have said we must contest this for several reasons:

1. It's a BS report and Worsfold must be shaking his head at the AFL and the MRP.
  2. We shouldn't accept BS and 93 points hanging over his head
  3. We win he has no points carried forward
  4. We lose he sits out the GWS game and has less points carried forward.

What a JOKE!!!

Seriously it was not high impact it was a great sheppard.... The MRP point system is aslo stupid because they are saying it was "low impact"... Are u kidding me it was a very heavy impact but still legal.

Deffently needs to be challenged

I just watched the replay of this bump and I can't see how it could be deemed anything but a fair bump. WTF is going on with this game?!

From the camera angle at least, it looked as though the contact was easily within 5 metres of Hams just before he ducked into another head high tackle, it wasn't above the shoulder, his feet didn't leave the ground and his elbow was firmly tucked in Ala beau waters style.
This game is becoming way too soft if you can't even dish off a good fair hip n shoulder without being reprimanded, its a joke. Woosha must be thinking the same surely.
So Grimes got a little bit rag dolled so what! its AFL ffs. If Grimes was ready for it and braced a bit more he probably would've bounced up and got straight back into it and nothing would have been looked at but because he didn't expect the wrath of Beau Waters then Beau Waters gets punished? Whats a man gotta do these days? yell out 'brace yaself!' before impact :rolleyes:
Weak MRP!

I agree 100%. Challenge for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back