Oppo Camp WAtoday - Should Eagles fans support the Dockers in the finals?

Remove this Banner Ad

johnnomac

All Australian
Jun 12, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not sure if this newspaper article has been raised;
http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/frema...the-dockers-in-the-finals-20130919-2u2pg.html
The poll results are pretty much 50-50.
I have to admit to being totally uninterested when the "other mob" were playing in their GFs. In fact, one year I think I used the opportunity to take the kids to the Royal Show. Great day and no crowds!
So what do other Freo BFsters think?

Yeah my first reaction was, "piss off, I don't want the eagles supporting us." Then a few seconds later, "actually, you know what? I don't care one way or the other..."

So yeah, whatever. They are inconsequential in the whole thing, so I don't care.

Yeah I feel pretty much the same as IP. They can do whatever they wan't, this week isn't about them

I've seen the majority of West Coast supporters I know come out and say they are supporting freo for "state pride", I'm not entirely sure what that means to be honest.

Who honestly while over east talks about "WA footy" instead of their own club?

I'm not buying it from the majority of them, especially when you consider their trump card "Get back to me when you win a grand final", which is totally understandable.

It's not a bad thing for West Coast supporters to not get behind Freo, I expect the default position should be indifference and those who enjoy some good banter perhaps slight leanings towards the hawks.

You make your own call on the day.

If WC were playing Hawthorn or C'Wood, Id probably favour WC.

If they were playing St Kilda or Richmond - I'd favour them as they haven't seen a lot of success.

You never really support another club, you just favour one over the other for the game and dont give a toss 2 minutes after the game.

I never minded the Eagles winning as my Dad was an Eagles supporter - and I always thought good for him.

Shouldn't they be focussing on finding a coach and some decent players instead of worrying about us?

Just reading some of their supporters' posts on the Hawthorn board just goes to show what a jealous bunch of arrogant flogs they are.

It is really killing them to see us in a Grand Final whilst they finished 13th.

Shouldn't they be focussing on finding a coach and some decent players instead of worrying about us?

Just reading some of their supporters' posts on the Hawthorn board just goes to show what a jealous bunch of arrogant flogs they are.

Most of them are good posters - we have our fair share of flogs too, we just make them mods so they are less obvious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen the majority of West Coast supporters I know come out and say they are supporting freo for "state pride", I'm not entirely sure what that means to be honest.

Who honestly while over east talks about "WA footy" instead of their own club?

I'm not buying it from the majority of them, especially when you consider their trump card "Get back to me when you win a grand final", which is totally understandable.

It's not a bad thing for West Coast supporters to not get behind Freo, I expect the default position should be indifference and those who enjoy some good banter perhaps slight leanings towards the hawks.

Yeh, I always copped the line, "I can't believe you're not supporting a WA team (ie WCE)" from Eagles fans when we weren't in the finals and WCE were.
Now that the shoe's on the other foot, I think that their hypocrisy will become devastatingly obvious.

Couldn't care less what they do. But if one more person says "oh I'm an eagles supporter but go for freo because they're a wa team" I will scream.

It is not state of origin.

Yeh, I always copped the line, "I can't believe you're not supporting a WA team (ie WCE)" from Eagles fans when we weren't in the finals and WCE were.
Now that the shoe's on the other foot, I think that their hypocrisy will become devastatingly obvious.
Is it? Aren't Freo posters complaining because WC supporters are invoking the notion of state pride, how is that hypocritical?

Some of you are a ****ing miserable lot, enjoy the week and forget older brother.

Couldn't care less what they do. But if one more person says "oh I'm an eagles supporter but go for freo because they're a wa team" I will scream.

It is not state of origin.
I agree wholeheartedly! However I have been getting similar comments from Freo supporters this week when they ask me if I am supporting Freo and I say no! They seem genuinely shocked by my answer.

The prelim was hard, because I hate Sydney as much as Freo, but the GF is a no brainier for me. Go the Hawks! :p

I guess a lot of us remember the jealous Freo flogs that wore Sydney jumpers to the 06 GF, and are returning the favour!

I am friends with members of the Doig family, and TBH if Freo win, I will be happy for them.

More importantly to me, I want a majority of the non-Hawthorn fans at the G on the day to wear purple and support us, very loudly. We are never going to get a home ground advantage, but anything that may help the purple tide rise on the day, go for it.

Is it? Aren't Freo posters complaining because WC supporters are invoking the notion of state pride, how is that hypocritical?

Some of you are a ****ing miserable lot, enjoy the week and forget older brother.

Go peddle your logic somewhere else big sister - this is football and therefore illogical

Meh, I don't care if they do or not. I have some WCE friends who are on the Freo bandwagon and some other WCE friends who are hoping to see us get belted by 100 points and will never ever support us.

Doesn't affect me whatsoever!

One thing we have to collectively say is The West and WAS media in general are not Eaglecentric ......they just are front running flogs!

My good mate is an Eagles fan and he wants to know how this whole Sliding Doors meets Freaky Friday shyte went down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back