Rumour Watts' ****...i mean texts

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither bloodlines or property are relevant until you become aware that inherited characteristics are passed on from parents to their kids. Even that is a relatively recent understanding. Prior to that there were a plethora of Janus like explanations for how babies came to be.

Why you white fellas have so much cargo? .......... Fertile Crescent ......... Guns, Germs and Steel.

It's destroyed the club not remaining an irrelevant SANFL minnow s**t like Nord eh bruz.

mate people see us as an AFL minnow
even people in charge of our club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then they should be sacked we are not an AFL Minnow.

Unfortunately, we actually are.

We had a chance to change this when we went to Adelaide Oval in 2014 but Ken & co blew it.

We needed to go in with it and win a flag that year or in the next few.

Instead, Hawks get another and the doggies capitalise on what should've been our time as flavour of the month.

Only a premiership now will kick start any change to our status of existence.

Unfortunately, we actually are.

We had a chance to change this when we went to Adelaide Oval in 2014 but Ken & co blew it.

We needed to go in with it and win a flag that year or in the next few.

Instead, Hawks get another and the doggies capitalise on what should've been our time as flavour of the month.

Only a premiership now will kick start any change to our status of existence.

Did the 2016 flag make the Dogs not a minnow? I don't think so.

Unless the fountain in Victoria Square (is it still there?) starts spouting oil and/or gold is discovered under Alberton Oval, no SA- based club will ever be anything other than a minnow in the AFL.

Did the 2016 flag make the Dogs not a minnow? I don't think so.
No it did not but the dogs don't have the supporter base or attendances we had when we moved to Adelaide Oval.

We had great attendances, a competitive footy team that should have built on it's foundation.

The club failed to consolidate and has been in decline since, further emphasising our minnow club status, instead of it starting to evaporate through growth and development.

We are now stuck in this done and cannot begin the climb out of it until we win the flag and start to build a reputation as a club worth following which will then enhance our overall influence on the comp.

Until then, we are in the doggies etc league unfortunately.

Unless the fountain in Victoria Square (is it still there?) starts spouting oil and/or gold is discovered under Alberton Oval, no SA- based club will ever be anything other than a minnow in the AFL.
No continued success and high membership / atrendances will force the hand of the perceived.

We are a long way away from achieving that though.

A lot of people sound like your typical religious nut here.
“My morals are the only morals and everyone should follow them!”

No mate, you’ve just made a decision that suits you either because of your circumstances or your upbringing, let others make a decision that suits them.

No it did not but the dogs don't have the supporter base or attendances we had when we moved to Adelaide Oval.

We had great attendances, a competitive footy team that should have built on it's foundation.

The club failed to consolidate and has been in decline since, further emphasising our minnow club status, instead of it starting to evaporate through growth and development.

We are now stuck in this done and cannot begin the climb out of it until we win the flag and start to build a reputation as a club worth following which will then enhance our overall influence on the comp.

Until then, we are in the doggies etc league unfortunately.

We must have different definitions of minnow.

Play attractive winning football and the crowds come back. A team like the Dogs don't have the potential high ceiling that we have. They can't break the 30k crowd barrier.

We must have different definitions of minnow.

Play attractive winning football and the crowds come back. A team like the Dogs don't have the potential high ceiling that we have. They can't break the 30k crowd barrier.
We are close to struggling to break the 30k barrier also.

By mid next year, we could be there.

Crowds won't grow for us until the trust returns and that will take a serious flag tilt, backed up by another or a flag win the next year.

The club has burnt too many supporters.

If we were in a 10 team town instead of 2, we would be exactly what the doggies are now.
The club has done this to themselves. We had the chance, arrogance blew it.

Cheating is a bit of a s**t thing, it can really impact the person who got cheated on. I don't agree with the "it's a private matter she shouldn't have shared those" argument because if you make the choice to cheat in the first place you need to expect and probably deserve to be called out for it. Unless the ex actually posts explicit pictures of him that have legal implications, I don't care if he gets publicly ridiculed for it. The catch is though that this has absolutely **** all to do with his footballing career. I've lost a bit of respect for him sure but it's not like footballers make the best model citizens - there's a very wide spectrum from Ben Cousins to Jack Hombsch.

The drug-related stuff is more concerning, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, unless he fails a drug test or is caught in the act nothing can be done here. It's also not exactly a big surprise in the industry either - footballers get payed well and can spend the money how they please. I expect the matter will be addressed privately and discretely within the club, talk of sacking him is a bit silly. He will be the talk of the media for a bit, and he will need to own that, but it will all die down eventually until another one of our players ****s up or a B-grader Crow signs a contract extension.

Overall I've lost a fair bit of respect for Jack after this but that balances out with the respect I gained reading those tit messages. Pure ******* gold.

A lot of people sound like your typical religious nut here.
“My morals are the only morals and everyone should follow them!” .....
OK, I'm going to fess up. I've been swimming with a hookah on more than one occasion. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back