Watts v Hurley v Naitanui

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be happy with any of the 3...

I've never seen a lack of football understanding from Nic Nat. His tapwork is some of the most intelligent I've seen, and his positioning doesn't seem too bad. His foot kills are inconsistent, but his handballing is very good.

For Carlton: Hurley - Watts - Naitanui

Starting a team from scratch: Hurley - Naitanui - Watts

Not saying I don't rate Watts. So tough to split them at this early stage, but based on what I've seen of them in the AFL that's how I would do it.

All 3 should have long and good careers.

Reckon probably ask/bump this in a couple of years.

Watts has played as a half back at times in defence, not taking the best forwards, and when forward he has

2x - 3 goals
4x - 2 goals
in his career

Hurley has played half his games in defence taking the best forwards and yet when he is forward he has

4x - 4 Goals
2x - 3 Goals
3x - 2 Goals

Hurley is ahead of Watts no matter what people try and say.

Naitanui is a Ruckman, bit hard to compare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurley is ahead of Watts, do you disagree?
It seems like most people disagree.

For a athletic ruckman, Naitanui does not get enough of the ball. Most times I've seen him he has had under 8 kicks for the game.
Probably because he has only had more than 7 kicks once in 44 games.

It seems like most people disagree.

Probably because he has only had more than 7 kicks once in 44 games.

You are bagging Nic Nat, yet Watts, who Melbourne supporters are talking up like he is going to be the next champion CHF, yet has only kicked 3 goals twice in a game, and gets a lot of cheap dinky hanballs across half back.

Give it up.

Regarding Hurley, his possessions are much like J Browns, all Dangerous.
alot of Watts possessions are like N Riewoldts up on a wing.

And here you are ready to stick the boot in, just after NN has had a great game.

Shameless.

How is that bagging Naitanui? He provided a statement, I told him why he was of that opinion with a fact.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't see one second of the Carlton V WC match, but how can a 8 possession 1 mark game be classified great?

How is that bagging Naitanui? He provided a statement, I told him why he was of that opinion with a fact.

I'm not going to lie, I didn't see one second of the Carlton V WC match, but how can a 8 possession 1 mark game be classified great?
He had a big influence on the game like his tap down for Nicoski on the opening goal. Plus he had 9 tackles all of which were heavy tackles making the opposition sore.

17 Hitouts and 9 tackles, 77 Dream team points, nearly as much as Kreuzer and Warnock together. leaves everything Cox does as pure bonus.

Kreuzer and Warnock only managed 18 poss together, 92 DreamTeam together.

Much more to football then you seem to know, defencive acts are a big part in winning games.

Is that you Robert Walls?

The pressure he provided around the contest for one.

Was awarded 9 tackles but effected just about every contest he was around, especially centre bounces. Constantly wrapping up or pressuring Carlton players (which greatly effected their ability to win clearances).

Kicked an important goal and was excellent in the ruck giving our players first hands (which is his primary job).

I think most WC and Carlton supporters would back me up on his performance today, probably a few neutrals too.

would love to see how nic nat would go without Cox. These three will be compared forever. Nic Nat is the best player out of them all for West Coast. And may even be the best out of them all by the time there careers come to an end but for now Hurley on top. Nick next, has shown glimpses but having not seen much of West Coasts games i cant judge. Probly the only thing letting him down is the amount of marks he takes. Watts has finally strung some good games together this year and isnt too far behind.

I dont thing either sides would change there picks.

And here you are ready to stick the boot in, just after NN has had a great game.

Shameless.

Just like the WCE supporters on the main board trying to tell us Watts isn't having a good year and is just getting cheap disposals off half back.

I like Naita and think at worst he'll be a very good player because his defensive efforts are brilliant, but I think Watts will be the better player in the end.

Just like the WCE supporters on the main board trying to tell us Watts isn't having a good year and is just getting cheap disposals off half back.

I like Naita and think at worst he'll be a very good player because his defensive efforts are brilliant, but I think Watts will be the better player in the end.
Pro tip, the guy who came in bagging Watts is not a WC fan. Supports Freo and is a notorious troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back