Prediction Way (way way way) too early 2020 predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah your right(i had to check that) why do i have such a memory of berry kicking a few on fyfe and coming to the realization fyfe was being torn up. Who did berry play on after that?

Neale but from memory it was a lot looser and he got a lot more of the ball himself. He is an absolute gem though, was superb in the second half against Giants after having a very ordinary first half. Really hoping that level is what we see from him all season with no injury interruptions. Agree with others here though that it will be interesting to see what role in which he plays most of his footy next year.

Neale but from memory it was a lot looser and he got a lot more of the ball himself. He is an absolute gem though, was superb in the second half against Giants after having a very ordinary first half. Really hoping that level is what we see from him all season with no injury interruptions. Agree with others here though that it will be interesting to see what role in which he plays most of his footy next year.
His weapons his gut running and size. Injuries affect fitness and therefore his weapon so yeah he should be better.

Rayner to kick 35+ goals and start clunking those almost marks.
Only if he can start picking up the ground ball???
His hands were terrible this year.
Trying to rush too much, even when he had time.
But I agree, with a strong pre-season, I think he will be much better this year. And 35 is not out of the realms of possibility.

Hipwood to kick six in round one and announce himself as a force not to be messed with. He will then go in to kick 62 and come second in the Coleman next to Lynch.
Would be great for your prediction to come true as it means the ball feed has changed where they start to look first before its kicked to a player rather then grab it and just kick it as high and long as physically possible as they did way too many times last season. That being said, its time for McStay to step up taking into account the time he has been in the system compared to Hippy. Dan is now close to his peak age but shows only a small samples of what he can do and what we expect him to do. If he doesnt step up 2-3 levels this season, I will finally be convinced a change is inevitable.

In the HUN today, Gary Buckenara has dissected all clubs..........predicts we will do a repeat 3-Peat with all the A+B graders we have, plus the developing ones coming through.

Says we supporters are in for some good times ahead. Hope he hasn't mozzed us.

Seriously though our list does look very impressive.

(also said GC should be closed down and give Tassie a team, I didn't agree on that one)

I predict that Hipwood, Berry and Rayner will make the leap and go to that next level that Andrews and Clug occupy. I also think Cedric Cox, Brandon Starcevich and Ely Smith will force their way into the best 22 by seasons end and play a lot of senior footy. Guys like Birchall, Lyons, Ellis-Yolmen and McCarthy would want to maintain their form because I predict that some of our younger guys who are yet to play much senior footy/establish themselves will be ready after another pre season to really gun for their spots.

In the HUN today, Gary Buckenara has dissected all clubs..........predicts we will do a repeat 3-Peat with all the A+B graders we have, plus the developing ones coming through.

Says we supporters are in for some good times ahead. Hope he hasn't mozzed us.

Seriously though our list does look very impressive.

(also said GC should be closed down and give Tassie a team, I didn't agree on that one)
I read it without my glasses MM while waiting for a coffee at lunchtime (so correct me if I missed something) but it seemed a story low on detail. Says there is a group of 11 players who are set to become A or B graders led by Clug but didn't name any of the other 10 that I could see. Says they will join our established stars in Cameron, Neale, Harris and Zorko. No doubting the quality of that lot and Clug and a couple of others but not sure we have as much top end quality to back the core group up as he suggests. Would love to be proven wrong though. Three more quality kids would certainly help

I was a bit concerned when reading that bit WhiteLionFeva, thought JBerry should've been there but further down it gave a fairly long list of the developing players, Jarrod was on it as were nearly all the others.........stretching my memory now, but I think he also mentioned the NEAFL side as well and who was on that list to come through......I thought it was a fairly glowing report tbh.

I could also be looking through rose coloured glasses too!;)

(wish I could do links, totally clueless)

I was a bit concerned when reading that bit WhiteLionFeva, thought JBerry should've been there but further down it gave a fairly long list of the developing players, Jarrod was on it as were nearly all the others.........stretching my memory now, but I think he also mentioned the NEAFL side as well and who was on that list to come through......I thought it was a fairly glowing report tbh.

Actually, now that I come to think of it MM, it was identified as an online article so it is entirely possible the one in the paper was an edited version of the one you read. :)

That's possible....we don't get the paper anymore, just read online. I do buy fridays paper though for Mr MM and his saturday racing guide.

(he looks at it then consults with everything on his ipad, go figure!)

If it's just a website highlight the address and right click / copy. Then right click & paste to insert into the reply box

Thinking we will slide back two spots next year. Finish home and away 6th. Win one final at home and then lose one away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- A harder draw sees us drop back to the 5-8 area.
- Despite the lower finish we win a final.
- The FA and Trade acquisitions are a bust playing only 6 games between them.
- Berry emerges as a premier midfielder and makes the AA 40 man squad.
- Payne establishes himself with Andrews as one of the best KPD duos in the competition.
- Coleman starts round 1 in the forward line and plays 15+ games
- McStay drops out of the 22. We try a few options including taller with Ballenden and shorter and more mobile with Wooler and McFadyen. No-one really grabs the role but all show some hints that they could be a good option.
- Smith gets games in the midfield and looks like an AFL player without setting the world on fire.
- Madden gets a chance in the second half of the year and makes a significant impact.

- A harder draw sees us drop back to the 5-8 area.
- Despite the lower finish we win a final.
- The FA and Trade acquisitions are a bust playing only 6 games between them.
- Berry emerges as a premier midfielder and makes the AA 40 man squad.
- Payne establishes himself with Andrews as one of the best KPD duos in the competition.
- Coleman starts round 1 in the forward line and plays 15+ games
- McStay drops out of the 22. We try a few options including taller with Ballenden and shorter and more mobile with Wooler and McFadyen. No-one really grabs the role but all show some hints that they could be a good option.
- Smith gets games in the midfield and looks like an AFL player without setting the world on fire.
- Madden gets a chance in the second half of the year and makes a significant impact.
All good, but hoping the last one doesn’t happen because that means an LTI.
Maybe 2021 for Madden and Fullerton?

- Fall back a little finish in 6th
- Win first home final
- Lose second away final
- Matheison struggles for senior game and delisted at seasons end
- Skinner comes into forward line adds aggression
- Ah Chee a big hit playing of half back
- Tom Berry cements a Senior spot
- CY hardly plays a game
- Allyson, Christensen, Lester delisted along with Matheison

- Fall back a little finish in 6th
- Win first home final
- Lose second away final
- Matheison struggles for senior game and delisted at seasons end
- Skinner comes into forward line adds aggression
- Ah Chee a big hit playing of half back
- Tom Berry cements a Senior spot
- CY hardly plays a game
- Allyson, Christensen, Lester delisted along with Matheison

Mathieson not of contract until 2021.

Linc McCarthy to start the year on fire moving into the midfield full time and leading Brownlow voting going into the bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back