Podcast Wayne Carey - AFL Footy Flashbacks Video

Remove this Banner Ad

Try get your hands on a copy of Pagan’s Heroes. It’s basically a Carey/Mckernan highlight reel through the 96 season.

Another one is Kanga kings from the 99 season.

I suspect they would both only be on VHS.

I have most of Carey's career on film now. Have all the documentaries. 1996 was a wonderful year. I am now inclined to think his best season ever was 1998.

How’s this done

I use a decent VCR such as JVC and they have to have the TBC function as this ensures VHS tapes are transferred without the worry of tracking issues or drop outs.
I also use a good quality DVD recorder as the newer ones aren't setup as good as what they were in the past.

A bit of trial and error involved and it took me years to find the right way of converting.
The quality is usually a slight step down from what Name a Game would produce so it's certainly a pleasing result as I am obsessed about quality.

Here's a flashback of a very youngr Duck photobombing some of the North old school on family day 1993.

Yes Donald, watch your back, he's just about to end your career.

1609659935122.png

Here's a flashback of a very youngr Duck photobombing some of the North old school on family day 1993.

Yes Donald, watch your back, he's just about to end your career.

View attachment 1035155

Would give my left but for one of those retro Operation Kangaroo caps.

Rooshop would make a killing.

Just wondering if anyone has a DVD copy of the 1999 Grand Final?
I have almost completed the Wayne Carey highlights reel but am after a few highlights from that 99 grannie to include in.

Would be greatly appreciated.
Happy to trade for that game.

I converted my copy to digital years ago (to DVD). PM me if you are still looking.

I was at the MCG when they were rebuilding the southern stand, I think that game was against the Western Bullfrogs and Carey did his shoulder. I was over 70 metres from the incident but the sound of the collision was so loud. Been following the club sinc the early 60's and he was by far the best player I ever put eyes on

I was at the MCG when they were rebuilding the southern stand, I think that game was against the Western Bullfrogs and Carey did his shoulder. I was over 70 metres from the incident but the sound of the collision was so loud. Been following the club sinc the early 60's and he was by far the best player I ever put eyes on

I assumed it was against Melbourne in round 1 off 1997? I included the incident in his highlights reel as reference to when the shoulders became an on-going issue.
He still came back mid year and was solid as ever.
I am surprised he was able to hit such a supreme level of dominance the following year given the injury to that shoulder.

I assumed it was against Melbourne in round 1 off 1997? I included the incident in his highlights reel as reference to when the shoulders became an on-going issue.
He still came back mid year and was solid as ever.
I am surprised he was able to hit such a supreme level of dominance the following year given the injury to that shoulder.

Yes he came back and kicked 7 against your mob in the finals.

Just about his best game with the injury he’d copped.
The Duck was copping it in the media for being below his usual best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he came back and kicked 7 against your mob in the finals.

Just about his best game with the injury he’d copped.
The Duck was copping it in the media for being below his usual best.
Went that night
Left my jacket at home so bought lucky beanie that night and I still have it. Wore it to 2014 Finals at the G

I'll get back to you if I end up with a left nut shortage. :thumbsu:

I still have the original 1990 head band, and one of those QANTAS training jumpers.
And for anyone feeling nostalgic about the Foster's Special cans from that photo, my dad has about a dozen of the branded schooner glasses that came with each carton of 24 purchase.

And for anyone feeling nostalgic about the Foster's Special cans from that photo, my dad has about a dozen of the branded schooner glasses that came with each carton of 24 purchase.

The worst Beer in the history of world Beers since the beginning of time.

Guaranteed to induce the trots by 2am

Yes, players were allowed to be normal in public back then before the time of the puritanical takeover.

Skin folds would be the far more likely reason why you don't see players casually throwing back multiple cans of full-strength beer rather than cultural wars.

I'll have his career highlights reel up on YouTube in the next day or so ;)

You have a real talent for this type of production. Keep at it.

As for Wayne, what a player..........and how fortunate was I to be born at a time where I could go and watch him play over 150 times? A true privilege.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back