Wayne Carey Says He Is Indigenous (or might be and might look into it one day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Yep whatever . My mob go to jail for being drunk in public and white pedophile priests get off for years of systemic child abuse. The gaps still not closed and white people still want to argue on footy apps about why we are so advantaged now. Thanks for the big opportunity to get into Uni or a big company (both white systems we never asked to be introduced) I guess that makes up for genocide? Makes up grandparents living on a mission and not being able to work, vote, practice culture or live freely. We are talking not even that long ago. I guess now we’ve totally caught up. Stop talking about Wayne Carey’s Aboriginality - you sound the missions managers and the governors of the ‘Aborigine Welfare Board’ of 1901. By picking this apart you are STILL carrying on the racist attitudes of your white ancestors. Wayne might have 4 generations of white heritage and 6000 generations of Aboriginal heritage. How does that grab ya ? Either way - you have no say in it. You never did , you never will and clearly that makes you all the uncomfortable because white people think they run every bloody thing, even our own mobs heritage.

Now now ..just calm you friggin farm for a minute matey

people are just posting on a stupid football forum here

it’s not the U.N ffs

regular white scumbag privileged morons like me and others here have no idea what it’s like to be aboriginal and live a life of racism...let alone understanding deaths in custody and missions and social disadvantages etc

but for Christ sake give us a little break and understand we are not SS Nazis out to crush the indigenous minorities in this country of ours

You can’t keep killing us for the mistakes of the past that were performed by people who have nothing to do with the present day

they’re all dead now

And Cary can go ahead and do whatever he thinks is right by him

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
She identified as black (and briefly) was accepted as such (until everyone found out she was faking it).

She certainly lacks the elements of decent (including biological decent, which you cant be black unless you have as a general rule) and lacks the shared and personal experiences of a black woman in the USA, and doesnt suffer any of the effects of the entrenched racism that's affected Black Americans either.

So TLDR, she's not black, no matter how much she says she is.

Same as Hilary Baldwin

mental disorder craving attention

CKW86

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now now ..just calm you friggin farm for a minute matey

people are just posting on a stupid football forum here

it’s not the U.N ffs

regular white scumbag privileged morons like me and others here have no idea what it’s like to be aboriginal and live a life of racism...let alone understanding deaths in custody and missions and social disadvantages etc

but for Christ sake give us a little break and understand we are not SS Nazis out to crush the indigenous minorities in this country of ours

You can’t keep killing us for the mistakes of the past that were performed by people who have nothing to do with the present day

they’re all dead now

And Cary can go ahead and do whatever he thinks is right by him

You get a break when my people are equal to yours. If you don’t want to be associated with your ancestors stop behaving like them . They are dead but their attitudes live on. For example, the attitudes in this post which reflect colonial attitudes in terms of white people deciding who and who is not Indigenous. In my culture, it doesn’t matter how far back or how much , if you are then you are and that’s it. It’s white people who came up with the half cast quarter cast what percent. Now you’re doing it poor old big narcissist Wayne Carey. It’s your attitudes. You don’t even know how harmful they are our communities.

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Ash Barty identifies as Indigenous through her great grandmother - only found out about it at age 12.

Obviously it's fashionable to be Indigenous these days - people like Carey, with tiny percentage, if that, never lived as Indigenous, rushing to jump on bandwagon. My great grandparents were Danish and Irish respectively. I'm happy to acknowledge the link but it would never occur to me to claim i was Danish / Irish.
What a ridiculous comparison.
Don't even know where to start with this.

Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
You get a break when my people are equal to yours. If you don’t want to be associated with your ancestors stop behaving like them . They are dead but their attitudes live on. For example, the attitudes in this post which reflect colonial attitudes in terms of white people deciding who and who is not Indigenous. In my culture, it doesn’t matter how far back or how much , if you are then you are and that’s it. It’s white people who came up with the half cast quarter cast what percent. Now you’re doing it poor old big narcissist Wayne Carey. It’s your attitudes. You don’t even know how harmful they are our communities.

How do you know where his ancestors came from or what they left behind?

You don't even know who his people are.

Kavliaris69

Club Legend
Sep 1, 2011
"A Little Left of Heaven"
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How does this work? I’m 46yo and recently my Dad who was adopted found out his birth father was from Cyprus. I’ve got fair skin and red hair so never a consideration I wasn’t an ‘Aussie’…..

But now I know this there’s no logic to me saying ‘I’m a Cypriot’. It doesn’t worry me but it’s patently ridiculous to say I’m a Cypriot.

Maybe it’s my ignorance and Indigenous heritage is explained differently..?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I see what you're saying but you don't have to call yourself Cypriot. But you can say part of your heritage/ancestry was from Cyprus
if anyone asks. Doesn't make you any less Aussie from mine and everyone's point of view.

If anything, might be worth looking up a bit of history of Cyprus (before and after independence). They have a very rich culture
and traditions that would be cool for you to learn. Plus some of their foods are so good. Have you ever thought of doing a family
history check?

Ps. Thanks for sharing. :)

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Realistically taxi drivers need to make a split second decision on the likelihood of (1) getting paid and (2) keeping safe. They make their decisions based on experience, I'd say. Big shame for decent people like your mate.
Well they were elderly blokes coming out of a nice house in inner city Melbourne at about 7pm, not drunken yobbos at 3am on King St. I know what my split second decision making would chose. Happens all the time they told me. It was a few years ago and hopefully things have changed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Seems it would have been wise to check this first. Seems a very Trump like thing to do to make a claim and then say I might check up on it one day. Those who don't like him will like him even less and those who do like him will be shaking their heads.

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seems it would have been wise to check this first. Seems a very Trump like thing to do to make a claim and then say I might check up on it one day. Those who don't like him will like him even less and those who do like him will be shaking their heads.
Like a vast majority of footballers he's not known for for his intelligence.
Dumb as dog #### as we say

Go Giants

Debutant
Feb 14, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Carey didn’t bring this matter to the public he got asked about it, he’s in the media so good he explained. Don’t think he’s talking about it to gain advantage, he even said he might be or his Dad might have lied about it to get government help.

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
Carey didn’t bring this matter to the public he got asked about it, he’s in the media so good he explained. Don’t think he’s talking about it to gain advantage, he even said he might be or his Dad might have lied about it to get government help.

when half the English speaking media can get hung up and write reams about a newborns name it is another example of where we are.

so the lesson for Wayne seems to be unless you are going to take a stand for something or other, don’t even say you may be aboriginal

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How do you know where his ancestors came from or what they left behind?

You don't even know who his people are.

Also zero evidence that those here claiming to be Aboriginal and making racist comments about "you white people" are Aboriginal and not sad and lonely keyboard warriors.

The joy of anonimity.

Thid thread is about and informative as the Adam Goodes HOF thread. The Bay handles threads like these better than the Main Board.

“Stunning indigenous claim”.

Yeah my grandmother said we probably had an indigenous person somewhere in our ancestry.

Front page news!

Duck is indigenous, it has been well known at North since day dot.

His Dad is indigenous and given the horrific abuse Kevin inflicted on Wayne and his family, he's never wanted to acknowledge it.

I'd have thought any reasonable person would get a proper family tree done, maybe even a DNA test (more useful to identify relatives than ethnicity), speak to Indigenous elders and historians and then make a decision about whether they want to identify as an Indigenous person.

That's literally what Carey is doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back