Wayne Carey Says He Is Indigenous (or might be and might look into it one day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey himself went on a little story telling time explaining the revelation.

Apparently as kids in Wagga he was treated/classed as an aboriginal First Nation indigenous kid.

A big tall white indigenous kid.

Ah yes, here's the reminder that before Sheeds discovered indigenous players (oddly after the 84/85 flags) Essendon had the most viciously racist support base in the league.

I grew up in Jervis Bay area and had a few white friends who you wouldnt really know were aboriginal unless they told you. Some found out as a teen. A good chunk of the local Jerrinja resided in their local aboriginal land council, and many were more identifiable, so the indigenous felt more localised and juxtaposed, but many lived among the wider community, or you couldn’t tell the difference anyway after several generations of white presence in these localities. There are probably scores of hot spots like this all over Australia, where you grow up in the vicinity of Indigenous communities but don’t realise until later in life that some of them might’ve been relatives, and it probably seems like less of a big deal compared to someone with no real lived connection or familiarity to the people and their region.

Last edited:

Buddy is bigger than Wayne mate.

I really hate getting into head measuring territory, but once you think of Duck as indigenous, when you look at him, both now and in historic pics/footage, you very clearly see an indigenous man.

What a load of crap

Truth.

In 1986 Phil Krakouer kicked a bag against Essendon on a Friday night.

That night was the worst racist abuse I've heard at the footy. Worse than Victoria Park.

An Essendon fan threw a full can at him.

I know it doesn't fit the self constructed narrative at Bomberland, but it is the truth.

At least you lot woke up to yourself quickly.

Reality.

Most corporate big wigs, CEO's. politicians, and people in power/ wealth are male.

You disagree? Are you living on a different planet or something?

As are most sewage drainers, mine workers, FIFO workers, oil rig operators, land surveyors, garbage collectors, line pole workers. Where are the calls to even those jobs out?

There's also a gender difference in air-conditioned jobs-women are over-represented there. How can we even hose numbers out?

Truth.

In 1986 Phil Krakouer kicked a bag against Essendon on a Friday night.

That night was the worst racist abuse I've heard at the footy. Worse than Victoria Park.

An Essendon fan threw a full can at him.

I know it doesn't fit the self constructed narrative at Bomberland, but it is the truth.

At least you lot woke up to yourself quickly.
One fan out of 100k

🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One fan out of 100k

🙄

No, much of the Essendon crowd was shouting racist abuse.

As I said, glad you lot came to your senses relatively quickly, but that night was utterly disgusting.

The worst I ever heard.

As opposed to north fans pelting Sheedy with objects brought with them for the specific purpose

🙄

Yeah, North fans throwing MARSHMALLOWS at Sheedy is the same as an Essendon supporter throwing a can at a player because of his skin colour.

Please explain what's wrong with referring to full blood Aboriginal?

Is there a politically correct alternative?
Theres a problem because the Australian governmwnt used terms like full blood, half blood etc in legislation discriminating against aboriginals based on the 'percentage' aboriginal they were.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back