Wayne Carey Says He Is Indigenous (or might be and might look into it one day)

Remove this Banner Ad

You say there is no race yet you call a poster racist. Why are you being obtuse?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because it's apt at times to mock silly people with their own stupidity.

There's a great irony in people who probably call others racist at the drop of a hat being triggered by the statement that all humans are the same.

Because it's apt at times to mock silly people with their own stupidity.

There's a great irony in people who probably call others racist at the drop of a hat being triggered by the statement that all humans are the same.

I can't believe you're that stupid that you believe you've stumbled on some mystical pearl of wisdom.

Sure, if the world was a blank slate and we all started over again then yeah, all humans are the same.

The fact is, human history has been shaped by centuries of genocide, enslavement and domination based purely on ethnicity and skin colour. You don't get to erase that. And you don't get to pretend that even now everyone starts on a level playing field.

Now * off.

I can't believe you're that stupid that you believe you've stumbled on some mystical pearl of wisdom.

Sure, if the world was a blank slate and we all started over again then yeah, all humans are the same.

The fact is, human history has been shaped by centuries of genocide, enslavement and domination based purely on ethnicity and skin colour. You don't get to erase that. And you don't get to pretend that even now everyone starts on a level playing field.

Now fu** off.

All humans are the same in 2021. Imagine arguing that they aren't. How many loops do you have to tie yourself into to get to a point where you're trying to argue against the view that everyone is equal to each other.

You just stated exactly what I said, that history is full of warring tribes where the conquerors viewed the conquered as inferior.

It's like you can't even read.

I actually listened to the interview and thought it was fairly nuanced, especially for Triple M and Wayne Carey.

He also elaborated on the fact that he was considered culturally Indigenous by his peers and social group as a kid, his uncle and cousins are considered indigenous, amongst other interesting points.

Quite an interesting story and not nearly as a reductive as the headlines or the posts in this thread would lead you to believe.

Well said- a fair, balanced view.

60,000 years mate is different to 200 years, you need to respect that.

haha wait what?

How basic is your thinking. To think that 200 years has any relevance to anything.

Here's the thing, your ancestors were around 60000 years ago too. On the same bit of land spinning in space that every other humanoid life form was walking about on.

You've got Neanderthal DNA in you if you're of European or Asian ancestry, kinda makes 60000 years old seem very modern in comparison.

haha wait what?

How basic is your thinking. To think that 200 years has any relevance to anything.

Here's the thing, your ancestors were around 60000 years ago too. On the same bit of land spinning in space that every other humanoid life form was walking about on.

You've got Neanderthal DNA in you if you're of European or Asian ancestry, kinda makes 60000 years old seem very modern in comparison.
This post doesn't make sense?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless I'm reading it wrong, in that article he never actually states outright that he's Indigenous. He repeatedly qualifies it by saying he'll have to look into it but that's how he was treated growing up. Sounds like this is just the Daily Mail sensationalising things yet again, what a crap newspaper.
Someone gets it! Yay!!!!

What exactly is the fight that we're all the same? Barely anyone disputes that humans are all one species and those who do are not worth fighting against. So what exactly are you fighting for?

If they all agree we're one species then why are so many people fixated on the nonsense of race?

If you're the same species then race does not exist.

The only thing that differentiates is culture, and anyone can be part of a culture regardless of physical appearance.

If they all agree we're one species then why are so many people fixated on the nonsense of race?

The only thing that differentiates is culture, and anyone can be part of a culture regardless of physical appearance.
Are you a bit dim? Just because race is a social construct doesn't make the pain, suffering and disadvantage people suffer on its basis imaginary.
I would have thought the notion that we're all one species would have been an excellent starting point to conclude that we should fight against racism, not to stick our fingers in our ears, scream "la la la" and pretend it doesn't exist.

Are you a bit dim? Just because race is a social construct doesn't make the pain, suffering and disadvantage people suffer on its basis imaginary.
I would have thought the notion that we're all one species would have been an excellent starting point to conclude that we should fight against racism, not to stick our fingers in our ears, scream "la la la" and pretend it doesn't exist.

It's not a notion, it's a fact.

Everything you mentioned is more based on socio-economic issues than anything else.

So the excellent thing to do is keep pushing the message that people are all the same and to drown out the race baiters and haters so that their voice is never given any credence.

Unfortunately there's no money in that angle though, plenty of money to be made in pushing the race myth though.

It's not a notion, it's a fact.

Everything you mentioned is more based on socio-economic issues than anything else.

So the excellent thing to do is keep pushing the message that people are all the same and to drown out the race baiters and haters so that their voice is never given any credence.

Unfortunately there's no money in that angle though, plenty of money to be made in pushing the race myth though.
I used notion to imply the idea of a fact you are thinking about. A fact can be a thought.
I agree with you that there are socio-economic issues. They have arisen through a history of racist ideas and actions. They have arisen through other ideas tha, like race, were constructed through imaginary fantasies rather than any factual basis, such as the entire continent of Australia became the property of the British Crown, and it was their prerogative to alienate it as they saw fit.
However it is completely delusional to believe that the best way to tackle these issues is to reinforce the message that people are all the same. Leaving aside the question of whether in fact people are all the same in any meaningful way (it doesn't strike me as particularly helpful or insightful to point out that we are all homo sapiens), it really is just empty rhetoric that achieves nothing.
Socio-economic problems are not addressed by saying "You're a human too." It's one step away from saying "It's not my problem, it's probably your own fault"

Because groups of people have subjugated and invaded/destroyed the culture of other groups, usually to exploit them and feeling little empathy because they felt superior to them. Name me one invading culture through history that didn't feel the land they invaded was inferior. And often their colour or race if you like was also superior. 99% white over coloured in the last 500 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back