Votes: 61 54.0%
  • Gary Ablett Senior

Votes: 52 46.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

King Carey

Ablett was the most exciting to watch imo

If I wanted a goal kicker it would be Lockett or Hudson

Both of them would of kicked way more if not injured and the former suspended a lot (half a dozen seasons in his prime less than 12 games )and in a bottom team for a long time down at full forward and still holds the record easily ,

All greatest players though

Senior. Had a wider array of attributes in my totally unbiased opinion. :) Both guns without a doubt. I reckon Carey 2 and Senior 1. Only saw the end of Matthews career.

Wayne Carey because you could build a team around him. With Ablett you would be worried if he'd even turn up to training.

I’d prefer Coleman

It's an interesting concept. Would Coleman have been able to adapt to become more than a stay at home full forward? Those who played with/against him, and those who saw him play, will say he definitely could have.

I imagine he would have been a similar player to Modra. Better vertical leap Coleman had and I'm sure Modra could have played as a defender if given the chance.

It's an interesting concept. Would Coleman have been able to adapt to become more than a stay at home full forward? Those who played with/against him, and those who saw him play, will say he definitely could have.

I imagine he would have been a similar player to Modra. Better vertical leap Coleman had and I'm sure Modra could have played as a defender if given the chance.
It makes you wonder about our young boy De Koning. Could he do an Aaron Naughton and go up the ground? I think so

This is a really tricky one because there is no doubt Ablett was the more talented footy player. Would probably go with Carey because, as others have pointed out, you would be able to build a team around him more than Ablett.

Ablett's record is inflated by his performances against rabble. For example 118 of his 1000 goals came against Richmond, who were an awful team during his career.

Carey kicked most of his goals against Melbourne, Geelong and Hawthorn who were finalists during the 90s.

Ablett's record is inflated by his performances against rabble. For example 118 of his 1000 goals came against Richmond, who were an awful team during his career.

Carey kicked most of his goals against Melbourne, Geelong and Hawthorn who were finalists during the 90s.

That is not unusual when it comes to players who kicked 1000+
Lockett & Dunstall averaged a decent amount against Richmond or Brisbane too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back