Glen Jakovich
Andrew McLeod
Dustin Martin
Jonathon Brown
Stephen Silvagni
Mathew Richardson
GAJ
Paul Kelly

Started with a list of 40 and came up with these 20 names on top. I'd like to see the other 20 names. Surprised that both Abletts are so low. Very surprised that Paul Kelly is on the list. Not surprised that he has Richo on there as I have heard him speak of Richo as a "champion" in the past, but I'm sure plenty will disagree.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
As more time passes Voss>Hird>Buckley cements into place as a fundamental truth.

So let it be written.

I used to think like that, but as time passes and I have matured as a footy fan, I know believe Natja Buckley was a tier above Voss and Hird as a player, both in quality and quantity of output..

Bucks never had the luxury of playing alongside a midfield/onball and star studded team like the Brions Threepeaters.

Buckley never had teammates the calibre of Black, Aker, Lappin etc

Nathan Buckley has been given a great disservice over the years, as much as i hate saying this.

Bona fide champion..

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
I'd have thought that Boomer with 500+ goals, 5 B&F's, 4 AA's, 24 finals, would be at least one Kangaroo to make the list..

I'm surprised he didn't include Kouta, Pendlebury, Rance, Lloyd, Scarlett, Black and presuming he watched football in the 80s where would Leigh Matthews be for a starter.

Then I realised it's just one guys opinion and he's entitled to it?

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd have thought that Boomer with 500+ goals, 5 B&F's, 4 AA's, 24 finals, would be at least one Kangaroo to make the list..

He obviously made a rule not to put any fuxking north melbourne players on the list.

Jul 27, 2006
2 towns over
AFL Club
Geelong
Paul Kelly?

I wouldn’t have him in the top 120 players I have seen play. ;)

He was a very tough MFer but he was way too wayward with his kicking to appear anywhere near a list like this.

GAJ behind Richo? I’ll recuse myself but FWIW IIRC Paul Roos and Mike Sheahan believe he is the GOAT yet Duck doesn’t have him in the top 15 of the last 30 years? SMH. He won 5 AFLPA MVPs. FWIW Hird never won one.

IIRC Malcolm Blight, Greg Williams and Tim Watson claim GAS as their choice for the GOAT. Wayne has him at #10?

Glen Jakovich, due to injury, was an elite player for under 2.5 seasons. He can’t possibly be considered an all-time great IMO. Ahead of GAJ? Surely he’s trolling with some entries on this list?

As a player I’d have Carey as the GOAT but as a judge of talent I might consider him the WOAT.

Silvagni better than Hodge? What?

In order...

Jason Dunstall
Michael Voss
James Hird
Tony Lockett
Chris Judd
Robert Harvey
Greg Williams
Lance Franklin
GAS
Nathan Buckley
Mark Ricciuto
Adam Goodes
Glen Jakovich
Andrew McLeod
Dustin Martin
Jonathon Brown
Stephen Silvagni
Mathew Richardson
GAJ
Paul Kelly

Started with a list of 40 and came up with these 20 names on top. I'd like to see the other 20 names. Surprised that both Abletts are so low. Very surprised that Paul Kelly is on the list. Not surprised that he has Richo on there as I have heard him speak of Richo as a "champion" in the past, but I'm sure plenty will disagree.

a wonderful list

JB lucky for inclusion. A wonderful player though.

I liked the Paul Kelly inclusion but Matera unlucky

Back