List Mgmt. Wayne Hughes Sacked

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I'd rather MK express negative concerns on this board and fight for his team on the main board, than the other way around. Reckon there's room for some middle ground here as MK is probably the leading and most tenacious defender of Carlton on the main board.

Either way, time to move on. Take issue with the post, not the poster. Mods will handle anything else.
I usually get banned too quickly on the main board for sticking up for Carlton :( so I cant be arsed going on there any more...

We have one flag since the draft and salary cap took hold. 1987 was cheque book recruiting by and large, and in 1995 we still had some of the remnants of cheque book recruiting. Not diminishing those great sides as we were only competing in the same market as everybody else, but times have changed. We don't have juicy recruiting zones either.

I don't want to get back to the old. I want to be measured and innovative.

what i meant was, get the best possible people we can....

be ruthless off the field,

I know that check book recruiting is gone

Be careful. I said exactly this after the draft last year and some didn't take to it kindly. Apparently we have never drafted a project player :cool:
We have drafted project players but anyone who links it to an 'athletes first footballers second' policy is oversimplifying the matter and missing the point. In fact, we need to take more risks when necessary and a be a bit less 'clever' at other times.

Things would look better on paper if Grigg and Russell turned out okay. Must admit that I prefer Rogers though. Hasn't attempted to draft any project players with our first round picks.
I don't recall us drafting a project with a first round pick. No way known we reached for a rookie pick or a later pick when we took Russell, Lucas, Hampson, Grigg, Watson and Bootsma. More hindsight with other clubs rating them. Hine wanted Hampson if Brown was gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back