Wayne Jackson- Move a Melbourne Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone agree with Jacko?
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...s/news-story/cfa71339ed34797c7a0248ee96f9577c

Should a Melbourne club go country / interstate / merge with interstate club.

I say no!

I think theres merit in playing more games in the country areas at least, leave tasmania to its own side. Ive long wondered why clubs travel so far when the could play games in Ballarat, Bendigo and the like in front of 10,000 plus - we've seen it in numerous NAB Cup games - even in Shepparton.

I'd love to see more games in country Vic but would the state government and local councils help foot the bill for a purpose built stadium? Most likely no, which means Preseason games only.

I'd hate to see a Melbourne club forced to relocate.

Would be interesting to see Wayne's thoughts on gws and gc and their locations and if he would've done anything different to Andy D or actually put in some genuine effort and not just find the fastest way to the bonus cheque

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merge Geelong with one of the other South Australian clubs.
South Australia is only big enough for two clubs, not three.

Sick of washed up AFL administrators.

May be washed up, but this makes eminent sense.

No other professional completion in the world has been able to merge and maintain a suburban league within a national (or allegedly National) completion.

GM knows this, but also is smart enough to know he needs to do it by stealth. Fund GWS and GC to dominate the comp and it won't matter if you try to tax the wealthy clubs to achieve equalisation. Long term lack of on-field success will inevitably bring the end of North, Saints and/or the Bullies. In this day and age without the suburban rivalries, parents ability to brainwash their children to follow a particular team is limited.

Not far off before the AFL goes for Sydney as the host of GF in order to expand the game and once this happens, the floodgates will open and many will be dancing on the rotting corpse of the VFL.

Don't think it will happen then tell me your thought you would see the AFL fund a western Sydney team and the GC for hundreds of millions!

No, with Hawthorn and North splitting games in Tasmania we're effectively down one Melbourne club anyway, so to achieve anything at least 2 Melbourne sides should relocate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back