Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Brown at full back :D
Got this bit right though...
THE RISING STAR

As aforementioned, Tasmanian draftee Chayce Jones could have an immediate impact next season. Jones, who was selected with Pick 9, starred when playing senior footy for Launceston in the Tasmanian State League this year. He’s lightning quick and has the ability to impact the scoreboard, but will need to add weight to his 77kg frame. Expect Ned McHenry to make his debut at some stage, too.

d341a618c273fe3f104551ce1aad68c9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In relation to that foxsports team above, the correct 22 is...

Out: Kelly, Jones
In: Keath, Milera

...as an absolute minimum.

Keath will 100% play in a key defensive post from Round 1 if fully fit. Just look at his B&F votes per game last season in comparison to Hartigan to see how highly the coaches rate him. I know he didn’t play many games until late in the season, but from memory he finished top 10 (possibly even 4th unless my memory deceives me) in votes per game, and Hartigan finished millionth.

Kelly is depth only, especially now that Doedee, Seedsman and Milera have fully emerged, and Smith is back from injury. He will not play unless there are injuries.

Jones over Milera is utterly ridiculous. Sure, Jones will get a crack in 2019. At the expense of a fully fit Wayne Milera? Piss off.

Realistically, as much as bigfooty refuses to accept it, Douglas is still best 22 also. Prior to copping an injury last season, he was actually excellent, and arguably our most consistent player. He then had a very poor 2nd half of the season after the injury (let’s be serious, it was probably mismanaged), but there was a point there where he was a legit threat to finish top 3 in the B&F. One of Knight, Gallucci or Fogarty comes out for him when everyone is fit. Depends on team balance and form as to who that will be.

The facts are that no team really ever has a full list to pick from, so this “best 22” pretty much never actually get on the park together at the same time anyway. Hence David Mackay still having a career :)

In relation to that foxsports team above, the correct 22 is...

Out: Kelly, Jones
In: Keath, Milera

...as an absolute minimum.

Keath will 100% play in a key defensive post from Round 1 if fully fit. Just look at his B&F votes per game last season in comparison to Hartigan to see how highly the coaches rate him. I know he didn’t play many games until late in the season, but from memory he finished top 10 (possibly even 4th unless my memory deceives me) in votes per game, and Hartigan finished millionth.

Kelly is depth only, especially now that Doedee, Seedsman and Milera have fully emerged, and Smith is back from injury. He will not play unless there are injuries.

Jones over Milera is utterly ridiculous. Sure, Jones will get a crack in 2019. At the expense of a fully fit Wayne Milera? Piss off.

Realistically, as much as bigfooty refuses to accept it, Douglas is still best 22 also. Prior to copping an injury last season, he was actually excellent, and arguably our most consistent player. He then had a very poor 2nd half of the season after the injury (let’s be serious, it was probably mismanaged), but there was a point there where he was a legit threat to finish top 3 in the B&F. One of Knight, Gallucci or Fogarty comes out for him when everyone is fit. Depends on team balance and form as to who that will be.

The facts are that no team really ever has a full list to pick from, so this “best 22” pretty much never actually get on the park together at the same time anyway. Hence David Mackay still having a career :)
Hartigan is still recovering from a knee and won’t be returning to full training until after Christmas, so as long as Keath stays fit, reckon he’s a lock.

Hartigan is still recovering from a knee and won’t be returning to full training until after Christmas, so as long as Keath stays fit, reckon he’s a lock.

Hartigan will never play unless one of Talia or Keath are injured IMO. Depth player moving forward.

His only other chance would be if Keath fell out of favour. I just don’t see that happening.

Hartigan will never play unless one of Talia or Keath are injured IMO. Depth player moving forward.

His only other chance would be if Keath fell out of favour. I just don’t see that happening.

With the 6-6-6 now I think Harto might still be in with a chance. First and foremost they need to be able to defend. If all is equal there, then Keath seems to offer more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back