Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Put up a Big Footy Poll on the Adelaide board if you're so confident............but be prepared to be embarrassed.

That means nothing

Put up a poll on who's better Burton or Doedee and what will be the result

ed2826a824c0544088a1489324cbb95c.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Put up a Big Footy Poll on the Adelaide board if you're so confident............but be prepared to be embarrassed.
Should I be asking permission from EliteCrow to make a new thread?

I think you've taken me out of context. I'm not having a swipe at people who are questioning his hardness level or his defensive acts. I'm talking about people who have only seen a handful of games of Milera this year, not seeing his first few games, picking on him when the whole team were playing in bad games. I'm talking about the ones who want him dropped the instant he has a quiet game, or judging him on the one example when he wasn't chasing hard enough. This is unfair for a 19-20 year old who hasn't had a proper full season.
The way I see it, Milera has one of the biggest upsides out of our under 22 players. And I'm sure some would disagree. Time will tell.

It's really simple discussion... if we can get Milera averaging 20+ possessions a game with improved fitness levels, he is a best 22 player as he is the % best disposal in the team.

Given another preseason for a young player, I'm backing him in.

It's really simple discussion... if we can get Milera averaging 20+ possessions a game with improved fitness levels, he is a best 22 player as he is the % best disposal in the team.

Given another preseason for a young player, I'm backing him in.
Just correcting this for the record .....top 6 club player

It's just another Pavlich / McGregor moment but worse because McGregor was an SA lad and rated quite highly actually higher than Pav. Same can't be said about Burton and Doedee

Probably time to Park the discussion till end of next season .....then we'll have a better comparison .....you never know, Burton may fall to pieces :p

Seems like the debate that raged with the Ebert V Danger drafting ......IIRC the Ebert supporters also took an early lead in the debate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ps. Who on this board doesn't think Milera is best 22?

Well, he wasn't this year and isn't now. Whether he gets that status next year depends entirely on whether he improves relative to his competitors. I can't say whether or not that will happen, but I'm hoping it does. He definitely went backwards this year, including the deficiencies noted by others. I bought the hype in 2016, but now I'm more rational and want to see delivery on the potential: it's no sure thing, IMO.

Well, he wasn't this year and isn't now. Whether he gets that status next year depends entirely on whether he improves relative to his competitors. I can't say whether or not that will happen, but I'm hoping it does. He definitely went backwards this year, including the deficiencies noted by others. I bought the hype in 2016, but now I'm more rational and want to see delivery on the potential: it's no sure thing, IMO.
:rolleyes: .......

LazyImpracticalCub-max-1mb.gif

Probably time to Park the discussion till end of next season .....then we'll have a better comparison .....you never know, Burton may fall to pieces :p

Seems like the debate that raged with the Ebert V Danger drafting ......IIRC the Ebert supporters also took an early lead in the debate

Interesting that Ebert danger is in the Milera thread. If Milera fails we lost on drafting Danger over Ebert

I'm hoping Milera continues to develop all looks reasonable at this stage

You are making an assumption that I can't distinguish between the 2: people who question his commitment to contests and people who question his talents.
Also you are basically generalising on behalf of BF, and making an assumption everyone is in agreement of his talents!

FMD is this post serious cause that's what's exactly happening on this board.

So how many players Milera's age are best 22 in a top team?

What do you think Milera.needs to do to improve?

Personally, I think he needs another big preseason to build his tank to better run out games, as he has the talent.

Personally, I think he needs another big preseason to build his tank to better run out games, as he has the talent.

You asked whether he is best 22: the answer is clearly no.

I agree entirely with your last sentence: he needs to improve the tank. He bulked up a bit at the start of this year, but to little effect.
I want to see him take on the game and put in the effort on all occasions. I also want to see some of the dazzling multiple sidesteps that he showed against Richmond last year! This year, he looked subdued mentally, without the joie de vivre of early 2016. What gives me some hope is the energetic and sparkling first quarter he played in one match this year (can't remember the oppo) the week after a very poor match, when many of us were calling for his dropping. This was exactly what I am looking for from him: it seemed to me that he had been given a rocket by the coaches, and it showed. Unfortunately, that effort disappeared for the rest of the match, but it shows his capabilities. This effort needs to happen all game, every game. Perhaps, he is a player who needs rockets, rather than coddling?

You asked whether he is best 22: the answer is clearly no.

I agree entirely with your last sentence: he needs to improve the tank. He bulked up a bit at the start of this year, but to little effect.
I want to see him take on the game and put in the effort on all occasions. I also want to see some of the dazzling multiple sidesteps that he showed against Richmond last year! This year, he looked subdued mentally, without the joie de vivre of early 2016. What gives me some hope is the energetic and sparkling first quarter he played in one match this year (can't remember the oppo) the week after a very poor match, when many of us were calling for his dropping. This was exactly what I am looking for from him: it seemed to me that he had been given a rocket by the coaches, and it showed. Unfortunately, that effort disappeared for the rest of the match, but it shows his capabilities. This effort needs to happen all game, every game. Perhaps, he is a player who needs rockets, rather than coddling?

I'd like to know your best 22 if Milera isn't in it

I'd like to know your best 22 if Milera isn't in it

My "best 22" is irrelevant. I'm merely taking the experimental evidence that he was not in the side at the end of the season, even given injuries. Thus makes him not best 22, by definition.

Therefore, something will need to change to alter that state of affairs.

Yet this preseason once again he has proven to be close to the apex in the endurance testing, no different to last preseason, I think some people are confusing his lack of intensity with a lack of tank to put it bluntly.

My "best 22" is irrelevant. I'm merely taking the experimental evidence that he was not in the side at the end of the season, even given injuries. Thus makes him not best 22, by definition.

Therefore, something will need to change to alter that state of affairs.
You're forgetting we've lost a few post-season. Thus he currently could be our "best 22". Hopefully another solid preseason, some more aggro, then we will see the best of Milera for next year.
I think it's unfair to make statements of "regression". It's more likely he took a few steps forward and 1 or 2 steps back. So it's more like "no apparent advancements" rather than the "regression" in 2017.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back