Toast Wayne Milera signs 5-year extension

Remove this Banner Ad

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sorry, I felt they got the sack because they didn't bring the results? Your inference about the Camp, would have made more sense if they all got the sack back in 2018.

Junior, being an up and coming indigenous player, is an important signing because we've had 2 departed (Cameron and Betts) and 1 had a premature retirement (Hampton) since the GF. Even if the Milera signing had nothing to do with a statement regarding the Camp, it still has an important implication that we are a welcoming club for Indigenous players. Which I think is an important issue, whether it is intended as such or not.
They got the sack because they created a toxic culture. The camp was them isolating themselves from any responsibility and letting the players know that they blamed their mental state entirely. And it went downhill hill from there.

1970crow

Hall of Famer
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
John, our coach resigned, our GM was sacked, head of strategy sacked. That's a lot of water under the bridge. It's the largest shake up we've seen at the club in ages. Maybe Milera just likes the new regime and he wants to back them in.

5 years is a long time but he's rumoured to be getting married to a local girl so maybe he just wanted the security of a longer contract so he can start a family knowing he wont need to uproot himself and move. The club also likely saved some money by signing him up long term.

Nothing about this suggests the camp wasn't a disaster. Had he signed up for 5 years under the old regime, maybe you would have a point. He didn't though so I don't know why you keep trying to convince people the camp wasn't a huge mistake.
Would think that shake up would be monumental at any club, not just ours that historically holds on to sub-average people for way too long. Head of footy, senior coach and senior assistant/HoS all shown the door in the same offseason. I can’t recall anything similar occurring in my time taking notice. And this from a board culture that hailed the return of the Triggster. Although, we know the board wouldn’t have acted on our 3 blind mice if not forced.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just checked on his bio, he’s still only 23! With that evergrowing beard, I thought he was around 26-27.

This would have been a year we needed some of his genuine class and speed. We don’t have many players that have both attributes right now.

Remove this Banner Ad