Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Great news, definitely the player with the most class and the potential to be a top midfielder with his evasiveness needs to find his true spot and excel at it

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
His back end of 2018 was absolutely electrifying , dancing in and out of congested traffic with footwork rarely seen .
Still had a few brain fades in patches with disposal out of the backline but he was as exciting as any 21 yr old in the comp in those last 9-10 weeks .
We all know he had a bung AC joint last season but he was also dealing with lower back issues which hampered his power base and ability to run hard.
Very happy with this signing and look forward to him spending some time in the middle and running up and down the wing .
This kid as as much upside as any of our young core and 2020 is the year to show that consistently .

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
He SHOULD be our star midfielder over the next 5 years. I have my reservations but I’ll back him in

His ceiling could be higher than Andrew Gaff. I feel he potentially has more strings to the bow.

That's a long way off though.

With a proper fitness crew and a proper coaching group I'm sure he will have a ripper year.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
He has the potential to be a very good half back or wingman. 5 years is good as long as not wildly expensive.

If you are dreaming of Wayne as a full time pack to pack midfielder prepare to be disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crowsarethebest

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 22, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I reckon he's signed up to a longer contract for j9b security but probably on not huge $$$. If he explodes into a star of the comp (which he definitely is primed to do IMO, 60 games in, 22 years old) then his contract is a bargain. I'm confident he'll get there if he has an injury free run. For me he should stay as a HBF and tear it up from there. These days they are just as valuable as inside mids.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
As I said I don't nicks is any good and it appears talia was railroaded out of the captaincy. I feel niks was boys club appointment and well, sloane As captain looks. Boys club..

We keep Picking guys into stockmarkets and stuff like Chapman and roo. We keep being conservitive because that's what money men want.

I call it now, milera will leave.
Oof. Gibbsgamble just got slapped down by the big meaty hand of reality.

(He posted this on Monday btw)

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm more than happy for him to stay at half back, Whitfield style

With Milera, Laird and Smith all floating around half-back, I reckon we can afford to rotate the 3 of them, with one in the midfield / wing and the other two at half back. Or even push 2 of them up the ground to free up the other HBF position for one of our draftees from the past 2 years to get a crack.

Mt Isa Mustang

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner
Nov 23, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Great signing for you. Been somewhat muted given the flashes he's shown but should be good to put it all together.
What dollar sign do you think would be attached.
5 years 3 mill?

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Oof. Gibbsgamble just got slapped down by the big meaty hand of reality.

(He posted this on Monday btw)
Gibberers do gibberish well...and he has no challengers on Big Footy in the gibberish field....Not a one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back