Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird thing is I thought he was doing ok in the first quarter and a bit against Melbourne. Seemed to be involved more - trying to get the ball given it was so bottled up. Hard to judge a kid in a game where so many "leaders" failed to do so. But was annoying because during that first quarter I was thinking, ok... this could be a game where he gets a stack of touches. He ended up with 20 touches, but as Inside Footy put it "Plenty of outside run but none of it was damaging."

Mind you that is a tad better than their on the mark assessment of Mackay "Unsighted for the majority of the game, did provide three inside-50’s."

He showed one move in the centre square which showed why I am so excited by him.

It was in congestion, amongst a raft of hungry Melbourne players and he faked and spun and faked again to bamboozle the Melbourne players and deliver the ball cleanly by foot.

His awareness to be able to do this effortlessly in traffic in the heat of the game is exactly what we should be harnessing.

He can make players look incredibly stupid as if they are standing still. We need to get him on a position where he can do this more often.

Weird thing is I thought he was doing ok in the first quarter and a bit against Melbourne. Seemed to be involved more - trying to get the ball given it was so bottled up. Hard to judge a kid in a game where so many "leaders" failed to do so. But was annoying because during that first quarter I was thinking, ok... this could be a game where he gets a stack of touches. He ended up with 20 touches, but as Inside Footy put it "Plenty of outside run but none of it was damaging."

Mind you that is a tad better than their on the mark assessment of Mackay "Unsighted for the majority of the game, did provide three inside-50’s."
That's odd, the AFL app had Milera with 5 score involvements and Mackay 0 inside 50s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For anyone that thinks continuity isnt 100% real for players let alone youngsters, we present case 1. Milera has definately benifited from a continuous run even if he was carried for a couple of games this year. Great game last night. So classy and silky. That kick of his is a thing of gold.

You don't simply lose the talent he showed as a 17yo kid, especially not if you work hard.

It's just a matter of time before he does this regularly

At one stage in the game, there was a stoppage near where we sit and Junior and Brad Hill were standing side by side. You would think they were clones. Same height, muscle definition, and they walk almost identically as well. That's going to bode well for Wayne if he can get close to Brad Hill's output.

At one stage in the game, there was a stoppage near where we sit and Junior and Brad Hill were standing side by side. You would think they were clones. Same height, muscle definition, and they walk almost identically as well. That's going to bode well for Wayne if he can get close to Brad Hill's output.

Milera is defiantly getting bigger as the season progresses, getting his mans body I think.

Who needs to bottom out when our selectors keep finding players like this guy.
Talent ID is fantastic and in certain sections so is development.

Need to be better again if we don't wanna bottom out

Both hill boys and milera have that exceptional lightness about their feet / running style. Macca had it too, same with D White.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back