Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to settle him in a position and understand whilst he has talent, being our mister fix it hasn’t helped his development.

Leave him in the middle and back him to become a gun mid. But we won’t do that because we have to fit in Sloane, Matt and Brad as our starting mids for 80% of the game.

Our coaches are deadset morons.

Need to settle him in a position and understand whilst he has talent, being our mister fix it hasn’t helped his development.

Leave him in the middle and back him to become a gun mid. But we won’t do that because we have to fit in Sloane, Matt and Brad as our starting mids for 80% of the game.

Our coaches are deadset morons.

A one paced midfield with lack of defensive accountability.

"Outside midfielder" would be intersing to see such a thing in a Crows guernsey.

In Campo-land, outside midfielder is just a guy you throw at the contest when you're losing contested ball and clearances

What a completely wasted year for the lad. We've produced a game plan that doesn't utilise any run and carry from the back half. Smith, Milera and Laird are now in limbo.

Our strategy, structure and style has bombed spectacularly.
It's completely nuts given we have those 3 guys who are some of the best going around at doing exactly that.

Like most of the players this ridiculous slow confusing short safe ball movement, sideways chip kicking, over possessing football has Milera confused, our players look up to go forward and with our forwards playing so high up the ground there is rarely a long option available.....half the reason we are down on inside 50's this year is there's often nobody inside 50 to kick the ******* ball to. The gameplan is a complete abomination, it's more down to the gameplan the players are being asked to execute than the individual players IMO.
Notice how when Richmond players flooded back today they still kept 2 players inside forward 50m...

Imo, people aren't taking into consideration he is playing with a bung shoulder, which impacts on his marking & tackling confidence. Should have had an operation or at the very least settled in a position.

He's our fastest player playing a gameplan based on slowing the game right down via short passes, even slower in the defensive half, which is where we've decided to park him, probably because none of our defenders can kick.

Might as well go to a club that knows how to use his skill set.

Good paywalled article on AdelaideNow and how we’ve mismanaged Milera this year.

But I almost puked when I saw Pyke said Fog and Jones were the future and it is good to get games into them. Really Don? Jones 7 and we haven’t seen him for months and Fog 3.

* off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said this repeatedlu during pre-sason

Milera MUST play another year at HB

The move to Mid-Forward has not worked and was a year to early

He needed to further build his craft and confidence before moving uo the ground

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Rubbish. The issue has been we’ve chopped him around and not settled him.

He played at half back against the Pies he was poor.

He played half back for the first half against West Coast and he was poor. He was better when moved to the middle.

Milera is a poor defender.

He played half back for the first half against West Coast and he was poor. He was better when moved to the middle.

From where I'm sitting he seems to be playing more of a lock down than an attacking half back. I don't think the 666 rule had anything to do with it either. Other teams are still able to have attacking half backs.

You're right, he's not a defender, but that's not what we should be using him as.

I agree that he has chopped and changed however I disagree that he is a poor defender

What a horrible 2nd half to the year he has had. in 2020 i would play him in the midfield rotating through the forward line. Since that west coast game he as been very poor

Seems like his natural game is attacking and our game plan seems to never attack under any circumstances... must always go short slow and wide

If he’s not starting R1 in the centre square then the coaching group are truly a pack of imbeciles.

Alongside him you have only 1 max of either MC, Sloane or CEY.

Lastly 1 of BC, Smith or Jones.

We’ve been calling for midfield balance for years and years, they flirted with it this year but never went the full distance and aborted the half attempt almost as soon as it started.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said this repeatedlu during pre-sason

Milera MUST play another year at HB

The move to Mid-Forward has not worked and was a year to early

He needed to further build his craft and confidence before moving uo the ground

Was becoming a gun at half back but we needed to fit Mackay in somewhere so we had to move him. Really, this coaching group is a disgrace.

If he’s not starting R1 in the centre square then the coaching group are truly a pack of imbeciles.

Alongside him you have only 1 max of either MC, Sloane or CEY.

Lastly 1 of BC, Smith or Jones.

We’ve been calling for midfield balance for years and years, they flirted with it this year but never went the full distance and aborted the half attempt almost as soon as it started.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
You can change around the individual personneld as much as you like but won't make any real significant difference until we change the midfield/stoppage set ups......and that's not down to the players, that's down to our midfield/stoppage coach and the tactics employed.

Serious? He’s an awful defender. He consistently trails his player to the ball.
To be fair he was being played as a rebound defender. Those kind of guys are often not the best 1v1 but that doesn't mean they can't be useful.

Milera seems to get lost when he plays forward of centre. He loses all his instincts. The only time he's produced AFL standard footy has been off half back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back