Player Watch Wayne Milera

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s cooked IMO. Go watch the game on the weekend, or any games of his this year.
Just…terrible defensively, lacks agility he used to have, doesn’t run at the opposition anymore

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Give him time

He still needs to drop a few pounds. Doesn’t work hard enough on or off the ground.

But at least he got a bit of this time and used it well
Agreed on dropping a kilo or two. I remember Douglas improving massively when he lost a little bit of weight and got a bit fitter in the presason prior to winning the BnF. Wonder if Milera could similarly improve a lot with a bit of extra fitness - he's already one of our quickest and most agile players even post-injuries.

Given his skills are so good he still has the potential to be a very good player if he's able to get into dangerous positions a bit more often.

Agreed on dropping a kilo or two. I remember Douglas improving massively when he lost a little bit of weight and got a bit fitter in the presason prior to winning the BnF. Wonder if Milera could similarly improve a lot with a bit of extra fitness - he's already one of our quickest and most agile players even post-injuries.

Given his skills are so good he still has the potential to be a very good player if he's able to get into dangerous positions a bit more often.

He’s heavier and fatter than he was pre-injury

He’s one that I have zero problem him being kept in the team even though performance hasn’t warranted it because we know that he is best 22. Some people have such short memories. He’s starting to show it now . Will be a key component for us in 2023

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You started to see how deadly he could become in our forward line . I hope that he gets confidence from that game

He’s one that I have zero problem him being kept in the team even though performance hasn’t warranted it because we know that he is best 22. Some people have such short memories. He’s starting to show it now . Will be a key component for us in 2023
Spot on, at least he has class which was showing even in the games he was struggling in.

He’s heavier and fatter than he was pre-injury

Agree. I think he is still a fair ways away from being AFL fit. His time on ground the past 5 weeks has been 76%, 77%,77%, 70%, 72%.

Good thing is it doesn't seem as though his pace has been affected.

Watch with 8:00minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Carlton turns the ball over at half back and he starts behind Saad and speeds past him to force a contest at half forward.

Breaking the Saad tackle on the wing when he was completely blindsided would have been a ripper for the confidence. Basically walked away from him.

He's extremely hard to tackle, it's been something in his game since he started.

He doesn't look super strong but seems to be able to fend people off and also has a habit of wriggling out of tackles. He did it again after the Saad one just prior to the Fog goal as well.

I know that plenty reckon he’s not a forward but I’m glad we have preserved with him there . Have a feeling that it’s going to pay off

Agree. I think he is still a fair ways away from being AFL fit. His time on ground the past 5 weeks has been 76%, 77%,77%, 70%, 72%.

Good thing is it doesn't seem as though his pace has been affected.

Watch with 8:00minutes to go in the 2nd quarter. Carlton turns the ball over at half back and he starts behind Saad and speeds past him to force a contest at half forward.

I think he spent more time at the buffet than he did doing his rehab, and that’s why he was out for so long

Got his contract, then mailed it in.

And I think everything about him looks slower and less dynamic than before. Previously he was sharp and quick but inconsistent.

He’s only now starting to look like there’s a player at all in there

Milera is back to the point he was 4 years ago. I remember there was a Milera the Iguana video released at the time. The last 4 years have been ruined by injury. He's 24 now. Hopefully his body is right and 4 years later, we see the player we thought he was going to become. It was so good to watch him Saturday night putting together for a full game the glimpses he'd shown this year already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back