Player Sponsorship WB BigFooty 2014 Player Sponsorship

Hi all, we (WB BF mods) have had a brief discussion about the player sponsorship for 2014 and want to open the subject for discussion now rather than waiting to the season starts

For the last two years we've had Christian Howard and Mark Austin as the 2 players we've sponsored and we would like to know whether

- the general consensus is that we remain with these two

Or

- change one or both.

The general idea has been seeing us getting behind and sponsoring the younger players. We've seen an influx of new young players through the draft and past 12 months.

So before we go any further, the floor is open for discussion as to what the board in majority wants to do next year.

If you are going to propose a change, put a few words around why and try to keep it to the new young crop of players as generally the older and established players already have a good following with the player sponsors.

Once we've got a list of names/suggestions we can put it to a formal vote. It is proposed that this suggestion thread is left open for discussion until the 31st of January 2014 and the voting to begin on February 1 and close on the 28th Feb 2014.

Then in March 2014 we'll formally collect then member contributions for the WB BF player sponsor and purchase the package through the club as handled by Ant_

The primary reason for doing this early is it gives everyone the opportunity to voice their opinion on where they would prefer to put their sponsorship $'ers with adequate time to commit (should they choose)

Regards
Mike__

Edit*
Package 1:

§Sponsorship of a Western Bulldogs player (see availability list below)

§5 x Player Sponsors guest passes (to use at your discretion – can be for any of our 10 home games)

§2 x tickets to the 2014 Season Launch

§2 x tickets to the exclusive 2014 Player Sponsors Dinner on 20th May sitting on your sponsored players table

§Signed and framed photo from your sponsored player

§2 x tickets to the 2014 Charles Sutton Medal B&F Dinner

§Listing in the 2014 WB Yearbook

§Recognition on the Player Sponsors match day signage

§Recognition on the Player Profiles section of westernbulldogs.com.au

§Option to purchase casual member & guest passes to attend the Player Sponsors match day function room

§Price $1,760 including GST

Players Available for Package 1:

§Jarrad Grant, Marcus Bontempelli (New), Shaun Higgins, Tom Williams, Daniel Giansiracusa, Jason Tutt, Adam Cooney, Fletcher Roberts, Liam Jones, Daniel Pearce, Mitch Honeychurch (New), Josh Prudden, Tory Dickson, Christian Howard, Tom Young, Sam Darley (New), Alex Greenwood ®, Matthew Fuller (New), Jack Redpath ®, Brett Goodes, Tom Campbell, Lin Jong ®, Mark Austin ® & Ayce Cordy

Package 2:

§Sponsorship of a Western Bulldogs player (see availability list below)

§2 x tickets to the exclusive 2014 Player Sponsors Dinner on 20th May sitting on your sponsored players table

§Signed and framed photo from your sponsored player

§Listing in the 2014 WB Yearbook

§Recognition on the Player Sponsors match day signage

§Recognition on the Player Profiles section of westernbulldogs.com.au

§Option to purchase casual member & guest passes to attend the Player Sponsors match day function room

§Price $995 including GST

Players Available for Package 2:

§Daniel Pearce, Mitch Honeychurch (New), Christian Howard, Sam Darley (New), Matthew Fuller (New), Jack Redpath ®, Tom Campbell, Lin Jong ® & Mark Austin ®

We've now got a definitive list players we can sponsor

Please vote in the thread below

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/voting-thread.1044461/

Dale4captain

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
What does the money actually go towards? Directly to the club who then pass it on, or?

I think that Hunter should be given one of them. This kid is something special, who seems to get under appreciated by a few people. The way he rose through the year was also phenomenal. He started the year with people thinking he was no chance to debut, to absolutely blitzing at VFL level, and finally getting a debut after he was unable to be denied, and not just performing a role at AFL level, but providing highlights and some damn good bits of play. That mark, the taps with Dahlhaus on the wing, amazing.

Im up for this..

I'd like it for JJ/Josh Prudden/Mark Hunter because they seem to be three players that the big footy brigade seem to really love (that weren't high draft picks) and its a reflection of us. So any of those two.

TheHoneyBadger

"I lost my phone"
10k Posts Western Bulldogs - Cordy, Honeychurch, Prudden, Dale Player Sponsor 2015
Sep 17, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Would be an advocate for Prudden getting it, working his ass off and we all love him anyway. Hunter played a big role in our end of season resurgence and mixes that 'x-factor' we all love with relative consistency even in his debut year. He's going to be a spectacular player in 3-4 years time, so maybe we can make the investment now, haha.
JJ would be good too, he's really going to be something. He played 13 games this year and barely ever looked out of his depth.

What does the money actually go towards? Directly to the club who then pass it on, or?

Depending on the contributors, the following packages are what we have purchased in the past

Package 1: - Christian Howard
·Sponsorship of a Western Bulldogs player
·2 x tickets to the Season Launch on 19th March at Crown Palladium
·2 x tickets to the exclusive Player Sponsors Dinner on 11th June at Lakeside Convention Centre sitting on your sponsored players table
·Signed and framed photo from your sponsored player
·2 x tickets to the Charles Sutton Medal B&F Dinner (Date & Venue TBC)
·Listing in the WB Yearbook
·Recognition on the Player Sponsors match day signage
·Recognition on the Player Profiles section of westernbulldogs.com.au
·Option to purchase casual member & guest passes to attend the Player Sponsors match day function room
·Price $1,675 including GST

Package 2: Mark Austin
·Sponsorship of a Western Bulldogs player
·2 x tickets to the exclusive Player Sponsors Dinner on 11th June at Lakeside Convention Centre sitting on your sponsored players table
·Signed and framed photo from your sponsored player
·Listing in the WB Yearbook
·Recognition on the Player Sponsors match day signage
·Recognition on the Player Profiles section of westernbulldogs.com.au
·Option to purchase casual member & guest passes to attend the Player Sponsors match day function room
·Price $995 including GST

Total - $2,670 incl GST

Every Western Bulldogs BF sponsor gets a BF sponsor badge added to their account

<--- see mine for example
  • a $50 contribution gives you BFSC gold membership for 12 months
  • a contribution of $100 or more gives BFSC platinum for 12 months
  • Everyone who contributes goes into the raffle for the events such as the season launch, player sponsors dinner and Charles Sutton medal night
All monies received go to the Western Bulldogs towards the purchase of the packages. The amount of money and contributors we get is pertinent to how many players we sponsor and what package we go.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

2nd player choice will be more limited as we get a lower price to grab one of the rookies.

It would be good to get a few more ppl involved this year, so we can see some new faces at the events

I feel kinda disloyal to be considering a change from the two guys we have been sponsoring over the past two seasons. Having said that, I'm happy as always for Ant_ to make the call based on the feedback on here.

I feel kinda disloyal to be considering a change from the two guys we have been sponsoring over the past two seasons. Having said that, I'm happy as always for Ant_ to make the call based on the feedback on here.

Yeah have to say they're both great young guys. My vote would be to stick, however will go with the consensus.

Back