Preview WB team v Norf Rd 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised Daniel has been dropped. Its been noticeable for some time that his height or lack thereof gets exposed hard.

I do feel sorry for him, as a little guy he has probably had to battle with full effort every moment of his life to even have a shot at carving out a career at AFL level.

Looked very unfit and flabby in the preseason after probably over-celebrating the GF win and taking it easy after a years of hard work that was at a level above and beyond that of his peers.

Unfortunately for him, his AFL career will always teeter on a knife's edge due to his size. The moment his effort is not above everyone else's is the moment he drops off a cliff. Very tough road to come back from.

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Not surprised Daniel has been dropped. Its been noticeable for some time that his height or lack thereof gets exposed hard.

I do feel sorry for him, as a little guy he has probably had to battle with full effort every moment of his life to even have a shot at carving out a career at AFL level.

Looked very unfit and flabby in the preseason after probably over-celebrating the GF win and taking it easy after a years of hard work that was at a level above and beyond that of his peers.

Unfortunately for him, his AFL career will always teeter on a knife's edge due to his size. The moment his effort is not above everyone else's is the moment he drops off a cliff. Very tough road to come back from.
You've gone way too hard here.

Caleb is without doubt in our best 22 when playing his best and had a very restricted preseason due to having a pretty serious shoulder surgery after our finals campaign.

The lack of preseason shows but I have every faith that he will work into it and return to the team.

Martyn_30_

Club Legend
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Biggs and Daniel are the two players that have looked the most comfortable with winning the premiership in the three games this year. Hopefully they get a wake up call and are back in soon.

Gollo

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Melb Stars
Surprised my prediction that Biggs would be dropped actually came to fruition, but I'm happy. He's a top-class player, but he really needs a wake-up call after being poor in two of the first 3 games. Dunkley and Smith are into the team three rounds too late, as well, but they'll absolutely add some needed grunt to our midfield and forward lines vs Norf.

Unorth

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who's that?

AFLRd4-TeamAnnouncement-EDM-ART.jpg

Macrae, but I see where you're coming from. Had to do a double take. Thought Picken, then Dunkley, then realised it's Macrae.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Perfect changes, too many flankers and not enough grunt.

It puts the rest of the list on notice that 'OK' or below average performances are not longer good enough with so much talent outside of the 22. Keeps them hungry.

McLean and Cordy are the ones on notice this week.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Hahahha I could only imagine the Sh!t storm that would come if I wrote this

May 30, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Bruins, Boston Celtics
Perfect changes, too many flankers and not enough grunt.

It puts the rest of the list on notice that 'OK' or below average performances are not longer good enough with so much talent outside of the 22. Keeps them hungry.

McLean and Cordy are the ones on notice this week.
Lin Jong will be looking over his shoulder too...Mitch Wallis isnt going to be waiting around for his spot forever and he is just better at everything that Jong is good at right now.

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
MC taking selection very serious dropping one of their favorites in Biggs,fair enough.
Glad Campbell gets a chance to make up for last week. I personally find it hard to take performances like Campbell had last week serious because there is certainly an element of 'one of those days',hes a long way from being that bad.
Having said that I'm hoping for a much improved game from BTC and Cordy also.
Clay back is good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Er, he's 20 years old, some thought he should have been the rising star, played a great part in the finals campaign...and is generally an excellent player. I wouldn't send him to the glue factory just yet.

He's being played in a different more challenging position this year . A few games playing that role at a lower level will aid his development

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Let's not forget the most important "in" that could be pivotal in securing a Dogs victory - Scott Thompson.
Dropping a first gamer who performed alright for a 30 year old that was finished two years ago does seem like a classic Brad Scott thing to do.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

A lot has to go right with the rest of the side for him to get back in I'd suggest. It seems that we need more bigger and stronger bodies at the moment to get in and mix it up at stoppages and he doesn't offer that (maybe in 4th qtrs as others tire but might be too late). Until we can get enough ascendancy in that area to be able to go with one less bigger body he's riding the pine. I guess he's a luxury we can't afford while we're running at parity or less.

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Dropping a first gamer who performed alright for a 30 year old that was finished two years ago does seem like a classic Brad Scott thing to do.
I'm very excited to see Ross do the same when they inevitably get creamed in the next few weeks.

perro_loco

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2016
Western Suburbs
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boca Juniors

Little DIEGO WILL BE BACK!!!

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From the North board.
said:
Scott Thompson Favourite Moments #3427:

When he runs back toward goal chasing the ball and his opponent is a few meters behind and he grabs the ball, turns to face his opponent and proceeds to slump to his knees and feigns that he's been hit high and puts on an embarrassingly lame act and is caught holding the ball.

Game reference - Too many to mention.
I look forward to it happening a few times tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back