WBBL|03 (Women's Big Bash League 2017-18)

Remove this Banner Ad

99 all out, disastrous for the Scorchers. Gonna have to rely on some pretty brainless batting from the Sixers to even stand a chance. All went wrong from the start when Villani shelved her natural game--one which I'm not the biggest fan of, but it's paid off mostly in this tournament so you'd think it'd be worth sticking with for the final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goodness knows why Perry opens in a t20
Think it's worked out ok so far, mate. Sixers have been able to consistently score winning totals despite Healy and Gardner mis-firing for large chunks of the season.

Goodness knows why Perry opens in a t20
She may not be as entertaining as others, but she is reliable and never panics. She is a winner and her team wins title thanks to the foundations she builds.

She may not be as entertaining as others, but she is reliable and never panics. She is a winner and her team wins title thanks to the foundations she builds.

Still think she’d be better at 4 though. Can still do that role there

Well a rather anti-climactic contest to cap off WBBL|03, but I think the Scorchers did a great job to get this far given they were a decent chance of missing finals at one point. Who knows how good they can be next year with a fully fit Lanning.

And a well-deserved back-to-back title for the Sixers. A good team with a wide variety of players, and even looking at the less prominent names like Lauren Smith you're still getting tidy cricketers and tenacious competitors.

I'll be interested to see what direction the league heads in the immediate future, particularly regarding the volume, venue and timing of matches. The challenges ahead are really indicative of all women's sport in Australia, but no doubt it's very jarring to go from yesterday's AFLW games with near-capacity crowds at smaller grounds to today's final at an admittedly first class venue but in a neutral location with few onlookers for the most part.

aren't they planning a stand alone comp earlier in the summer (Oct/Nov)?
I don't know if it's being planned or if it's still being considered at this point, they may have even done it this season if not for the scheduling of the Ashes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back