WBBL|06 Semi-final 1: Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers - Wednesday, 25 November 2020 (7.10pm AEDT)

Who is the Scorchers' best-ever WBBL player?

• Meg Lanning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katherine Brunt

• Nat Sciver

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton crabbing around for 10 overs is hardly great news for the Scorchers lol
What do you want her to do, you maniac. She had to be there at the end. 90 all out otherwise.

What do you want her to do, you maniac. She had to be there at the end. 90 all out otherwise.

Least TRY and hit the ball...Peschel can hit it and didn’t even get a hit. Glenn looked better in 10 balls. 120 is way under par, you might as well get rolled for 90 anyway. 140 is a bare minimum

If I was the coach of the Scorchers I'd be telling them they need to get Lanning early.

Not sure how I'm not a professional coach yet.

Least TRY and hit the ball...Peschel can hit it and didn’t even get a hit. Glenn looked better in 10 balls. 120 is way under par, you might as well get rolled for 90 anyway. 140 is a bare minimum
Chances of Peschel...
Bowling the Stars out for 120: 20%
Bowling the Stars out for 90: 5%
Chipping in a quickfire 50 runs with the bat: 0.1%

Game on now, du Preez has been in really good form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How good was getting to hear Lannings thoughts on the weather?

Going to be an easy win for the Stars, the Scorchers total was 20-30 runs short of being competitive.

At least

140 was dead par with a good bowling attack more likely 160 being closer to what was needed

Glenn hasn't looked like the youngest player in the team until tonight.

Also the worst Peschel has bowled all season, typically what she'd dish up every second match in previous years.

You can cop that, natural setbacks for developing players. Devine faltering in another big game is just groundhog day though...

For the Stars, despite what Lisa Sthalekar said, it's worth pointing out tonight's POTM Alana King is the only player who has been there every season from the beginning.

Thank god that’s over... I never felt comfortable until after that six and four in a row by Sutherland...

Really happy with our depth and bowlers performance was exceptional again.

Bring on Saturday and I’m thrilled I’ll be at North Sydney to watch it! Go stars!

Glenn hasn't looked like the youngest player in the team until tonight.

Also the worst Peschel has bowled all season, typically what she'd dish up every second match in previous years.

You can cop that, natural setbacks for developing players. Devine faltering in another big game is just groundhog day though...

For the Stars, despite what Lisa Sthalekar said, it's worth pointing out tonight's POTM Alana King is the only player who has been there every season from the beginning.
Yes however Meg Lanning, Anna Lanning, Sciver, Du Preez all had stints away from the stars (Du Preez has a season off before returning) and returned home to team green

Yes however Meg Lanning, Anna Lanning, Sciver, Du Preez all had stints away from the stars (Du Preez has a season off before returning) and returned home to team green
Anna could end up playing against the Stars in the final, if required, since Team Green didn't give her a contract.

Point is the commbox clearly didn't see or answer my thread poll (for shame), otherwise they would've remembered Villani spent the first 4 seasons at Perth (which included captaining them to a RU finish one year).

I should also point out Alana King is playing for WA in the WNCL now.

So the Stars making the final wouldn't be as satisfying for true Victorians who support a Melbourne through-and-through team like the Renegades. Strano, Molineux, Wareham... now that's the loyal Spirit of the Big V!

I should also point out Alana King is playing for WA in the WNCL now.

So the Stars making the final wouldn't be as satisfying for true Victorians who support a Melbourne through-and-through team like the Renegades. Strano, Molineux, Wareham... now that's the loyal Spirit of the Big V!
oh come on.....

Eventhough that Kingy is over in Perth now, she still is a Victorian at heart....

Villani, Lanning, Sutherland, Faltum, Flintoff, Sophie Day etc all VICTORIANS!!!!!

I think someone might just be a tad salty that their cross town rival is in the Final and they're not...

Back