WBBL|06

Lowest all out total in play for the Renegades here...
Passed it easily (with 9 wickets down).

Perry becomes the second player to 3000 runs.

Healy with the fourth-fastest century.

The almost records continue to tumble!

Well it has to be said the four teams most affected by injuries are the four teams who missed finals. Historically I've been in favour of condensing the season as much as possible, but unfortunately we've seen the glaring drawback of such an idea. Nevertheless, the Sixers still would've made it if not for consistent poor fielding, so of course you gotta make your own luck etc.

Who's got a guess for Player of the Tournament? Thinking it'd have to go to Lanning, wouldn't it.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Is any Melbourne folk going up to Sydney? I’ve got match tickets booked but struggling to find flights especially seeing the costs are so expensive

Nah I'm just gonna bank on a last-minute reschedule to the MCG, it's the least I can do.

Btw, speaking of records, that was the equal-highest successful run chase in WBBL history. The Renegades mowed down 184 last year, also getting there in the 19th over, against the Heat who would go on to be crowned champs about a week later. An omen perhaps?

I may as well also ask: who gets the Young Gun award? It's tightened right up between Darcie Brown and my little Webby. The latter finished up with 246 runs (15th in the league) at an average of 31 and has been the deciding factor in a few games. But I think D-Bag as the rarer talent (in addition to having the second-lowest economy rate of the season among those who have bowled 14+ overs) will just get over the line.

Other contenders are currently Trenaman and Amy Smith. One more nominee will be named for this past week, though given there's been four rounds in six days, they should do a joint-nomination for Litchfield and Flintoff.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I may as well also ask: who gets the Young Gun award? It's tightened right up between Darcie Brown and my little Webby. The latter finished up with 246 runs (15th in the league) at an average of 31 and has been the deciding factor in a few games. But I think D-Bag as the rarer talent (in addition to having the second-lowest economy rate of the season among those who have bowled 14+ overs) will just get over the line.

Other contenders are currently Trenaman and Amy Smith. One more nominee will be named for this past week, though given there's been four rounds in six days, they should do a joint-nomination for Litchfield and Flintoff.
Tess Flintoff has been playing awesome lately

Would anybody else like to guess who's gonna win Player of the Tournament? Well ya too late.
Not as bad as the year Satterthwaite won it, but rather unconvincing nonetheless. Funny thing is I don't think anybody would have a problem with Devine getting around the 30 votes that she did, but theoretically when you get five POTMs it generally also means you'll have had five other good games that went unrewarded. Definitely not the case this season.

And, also, the Darcinator (we'll workshop it) takes out the top Youth Bazooka award:

Looks like Litchfield got the (sole) final-week nomination.

And, finally, a reminder that I've created matchday threads for the semi-finals:

Stars v Scorchers here

Heat v Thunder here

Back