WBBL|07

Remove this Banner Ad

We needed another opener, but I would have preferred Mandhana, I think she would work better with Healy as she can work the ball around as well hit out. Another opener also means we can move Perry down the order, but 4 is still too high, unfortunately we are missing Burns, we don't really have any cover if we lose a top order player for any length of time. Hopefully when Burns returns, Perry will drop a further spot.

Surprised you needed one with Perry and Healy set as openers that’s all

Hmmm...

"Power hitters" = 45 off 49 (sr 91.8)
"Selfish" Perry = 40 off 43 (sr 93.0)

Sutherland was the top scorer of the match with 57 off 50... after being dropped three times.

And Lanning scored 10 off 19. Why didn't she score 70 off 40, the pitch was obviously a belter.

Hmmm...

Sutherland was the top scorer of the match with 57 off 50... after being dropped three times.

And Lanning scored 10 off 19. Why didn't she score 70 off 40, the pitch was obviously a belter.

Bouchier didn’t find it too hard to hit the thing!

Perry was selfish all for a good not out as usual

Surprised you needed one with Perry and Healy set as openers that’s all
It is a good opening partnership, but a lot of pressure was placed on Healy to get them off to a fast start.

The problem with the new partnership (beside selecting the wrong Indian Opener) is it hasn't worked in any of the games so it looks like a bad decision. It will be interesting to see what the coaches will do if the new partnership continues to fail as we get into the second half of the season. If they continue to win they will continue with it, but if the losses pile up?

Last edited:
Bouchier didn’t find it too hard to hit the thing!
Struggled too until scoring 16 off 7 against Bolton's "left" armers, sometimes you just get a match-up that suits.

Perry was selfish all for a good not out as usual
She wasn't not out, went down swinging. Probably swinging too hard by the end with the ball holding in the surface.

Struggled too until scoring 16 off 7 against Bolton's "left" armers, sometimes you just get a match-up that suits.

She wasn't not out, went down swinging. Probably swinging too hard by the end with the ball holding in the surface.

Went down swinging? She was hitting singles in the 15th over jeez! Hit it over the fielders you need 12 an over not 6!

Went down swinging? She was hitting singles in the 15th over jeez! Hit it over the fielders you need 12 an over not 6!
You're right, she should've just scored 70 off 40 and then they would've won.

You're right, she should've just scored 70 off 40 and then they would've won.

She should have tried it was like she wasn’t even trying. Try a ramp or a reverse, you need boundaries.

The game has past her in t20’s

Newest contender for worst call of the summer: Kim Garth isn't international quality.

24 wickets in 18 matches at 18.1 against the top 6 nations. Yep, that's "close", but not good enough!

Confirmation of what most likely thought after the incident:

Melbourne Renegades vice-captain Georgia Wareham will miss the remainder of WBBL|07 due to a left knee injury.

The 22-year-old sustained the injury while fielding in Wednesday’s match against the Adelaide Strikers.

Scans following the game confirmed an ACL rupture, with Wareham having previously had a synthetic (LARS) ligament reconstruction in the same knee.

Cricket Victoria and Cricket Australia medical staff will work in consultation with Wareham to determine her rehabilitation plan.

An update on Wareham’s longer-term management plan will be provided in due course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Years of watching footy makes most of us amateur orthopedic surgeons and that looked very much like an ACL to my untrained eye when I saw it at the time.

Agree with this, and also watching the players reaction after the incident because that seems a good indication that they know themselves it's not good

Years of watching footy makes most of us amateur orthopedic surgeons and that looked very much like an ACL
Doing an ACL could also make you a bit of an expert.

Hmmm...

It's been a relatively low scoring start to the tournament - that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it means it's not only about going as hard as you can - becomes more about tactics.

Peschel was one of the best bowlers in the league last season, why the fu** wouldn't she be opening.

Better question is who's the brainiac that had the bright idea to mess with her run-up over winter, taken away all her momentum through the crease.
But a preseason that should have been about small tweaks to improve her game instead saw the 27-year-old forced to completely rework her run up, after fears of a recurrence of the foot injury that saw her sidelined through the first half of 2020.

"So we added Matt Mason, who is the boys' bowling coach, into the chat and he took me on and I've worked closely with him with the whole re-stripping of the run-up and starting again.

"He had me closing my eyes, bowling cricket balls in the middle of the WACA with nothing around.

"And actually, surprisingly, I think I did the first six balls and I used 13 steps to run in every single time.

"I don't know how it worked, but it's somehow working."
Where to begin with this piffle... For starters it looks like she's varying between, idk, 25 and 38 steps each time from what I've seen. It's a preposterous run-up.

But mainly: You have your best season and out of fear of injury, you completely change your technique... That's the last thing that should be touched after enjoying breakout success. If you're not running 5km+ a day and you're carrying a bit too much weight, which I would say is the case is here, you're going to have more injuries than necessary regardless of technique.

It's been a relatively low scoring start to the tournament - that's not necessarily a bad thing, as it means it's not only about going as hard as you can - becomes more about tactics.
To be expected with 4 games in 2 days on the same pitch in Tasmania in October. The close games on the weekend were still enjoyable, thankfully the blowouts occurred for the streamed games during the week.

Scores will go up when it moves to Perth, Adelaide and Mackay so a bit of variety doesn't hurt. Not really sure what we're gonna get in Launceston though, for a few different reasons. With it now proven that Hobart weather > Gold Coast weather, it's Launnie's turn to defy the forecast which is pretty bleak for tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back