WBBL09

Remove this Banner Ad

Not being proactive with the bat was worse never ceases to amaze me how poor teams are chasing low targets. Even Grace was terrible tonight. You have a low target use the powerplay and get 40 of them not crab along and you’ve made no dent in the Required rate with Wellington not even bowling any of those 4
Grace Harris' strength has been hitting runs in that powerplay. I dont understand the logic of meandering in that first 10 overs chasing a lowish target.

i think the intent wasnt there.

Anyway im sure the city of Adelaide will be absolutely partying a premiership tonight. Going to be some wild scenes!

Also feel like they went away from what worked and that was taking the surge a lot earlier. It was the latest they took a surge all tournament
They should have taken it when Kerr & Knott were in, especially as both Harris sisters were already back in the sheds - not sure JJ and others coming in were going to hit the ball cleaner than those two had been

Grace Harris' strength has been hitting runs in that powerplay. I dont understand the logic of meandering in that first 10 overs chasing a lowish target.

i think the intent wasnt there.

Anyway im sure the city of Adelaide will be absolutely partying a premiership tonight. Going to be some wild scenes!

Whole top order played very timid which was unusual. Just utterly zero intent and it costs you

They should have taken it when Kerr & Knott were in, especially as both Harris sisters were already back in the sheds - not sure JJ and others coming in were going to hit the ball cleaner than those two had been

Exactly Knott doesn’t need more than a few balls. Then you have Harris to slog if need be and a wicket falls.

I would have gone with McGrath - 38 off 34, and 2 for 16

Very surprised it wasn’t McGrath but either one is fine. Just feel without McGrath they barely make 100, and her two wickets Du Preez and Laura Harris first ball were instrumental

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bizarre run chase. Really didn’t need to take many risks to win that with a couple to spare. A few terrible shots, a few with no intent at all. A real mixed bag of mediocre

Bizarre run chase. Really didn’t need to take many risks to win that with a couple to spare. A few terrible shots, a few with no intent at all. A real mixed bag of mediocre
Teams are cautious chasing small totals which allows the defending team to take the game deep.

Last edited:
In another era, the Heat coach would be tempted to shut all the doors, have a very, very silent changeroom for a good hour or so and then tell the players well done on butchering a WBBL title. That wouldn't work in this day and age but for the players who played tonight, this is a title that they allowed to slip from their grasp, just like the Broncos did in the NRL grand final.

In another era, the Heat coach would be tempted to shut all the doors, have a very, very silent changeroom for a good hour or so and then tell the players well done on butchering a WBBL title. That wouldn't work in this day and age but for the players who played tonight, this is a title that they allowed to slip from their grasp, just like the Broncos did in the NRL grand final.
A fair bit of the blame for the way that innings unfolded rests on Noffke. I think they all butchered it together, which is nice

Had similar parallels to the BBL men’s final between Stars and Renegades a few years back.

How's the form on Laura Harris , tries to slog across the line first ball , gets bowled , walks off smiling
Like oh well s**t happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back