Roast WC Need to do Something About Their Recruiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darcy looking pretty good, thoughts on taking Rotham instead of him?

Definitely shaping up to be a great selection for them.

Given our list needs, I'm glad we took the punt on someone with genuine speed and skill. Rotham has the potential to be a very good outside mid. He looks like less of a safe bet than Darcy but, if both players 'make it' you'd rather take Rotham. Quality mids are harder to find than rucks. So I'm comfortable with the decision 7 months on.

Definitely shaping up to be a great selection for them.

Given our list needs, I'm glad we took the punt on someone with genuine speed and skill. Rotham has the potential to be a very good outside mid. He looks like less of a safe bet than Darcy but, if both players 'make it' you'd rather take Rotham. Quality mids are harder to find than rucks. So I'm comfortable with the decision 7 months on.
Does he look like a player? I've completely missed him when I've been watching EP play. I just have a serious issue with us not having a developing ruck on our list somewhere, even if it's just the rookie list.

Does he look like a player? I've completely missed him when I've been watching EP play. I just have a serious issue with us not having a developing ruck on our list somewhere, even if it's just the rookie list.

He definitely has the attributes but there is some 'bust' potential. At the moment he is playing as a third tall defender, which I hope is just a means of developing his game before he moves into the midfield in a year or two. He is very scrawny and lacks body strength so he looms as a project player rather than a safe bet type.

It would have been great to land Darcy but Fremantle reached for him. It paid off, but rucks can be found later in drafts and the impact of a gun ruck (other than an elite few) is probably overstated anyway.

Just watched the Fremantle v Geelong game.

Talk about rubbing salt in wounds and all that.

A reminder of just how bad our recruiting has been.

Biggest stuff up not taking Duncan ahead of Weedon and Stevens..... double ouch.

Not taking Menagola .

Not taking Blakey.

Whats worse all these players were doing their thing right under our noses in our own back yard.
Maybe this is where the real problem lies - our recruiting staff!!

Just watched the Fremantle v Geelong game.

Talk about rubbing salt in wounds and all that.

A reminder of just how bad our recruiting has been.

Biggest stuff up not taking Duncan ahead of Weedon and Stevens..... double ouch.

Not taking Menagola .

Not taking Blakey.

Whats worse all these players were doing their thing right under our noses in our own back yard.
Didn't you know? It's all about structures.

Corporate structures, and how the players will fit that corporate structure and image. It's a business, not a footy club. Sheesh mate.

I won't ever see the attraction of Blakey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The mistake was Lamb over McGovern not Lamb over Blakely when we had Alec Waterman coming in as a father/son that draft

The mistake was Lamb over McGovern not Lamb over Blakely when we had Alec Waterman coming in as a father/son that draft

Not as bad as Gorter over Banfield on the rookie list last year.

Keys I know that you have been a fan of Banfield you must be watching the WAFL season unfold and be scratching your head .... perplexed :huh: ...... as to the rational behind the decision to take a tall flanker instead of an inside / outside mid ..... I just don't get how out recruiters think.

Now I appreciate that you cant nail every pick but this current recruiting team don't have the greatest batting average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had a league high 6 debutants while sitting second on the ladder this year, surely we must be doing something right.

He's right in that as soon as we lose a couple of games certain posters will turn again.

Ok ep2006.

Actually, why have you been so negative this season?
He's right in that as soon as we lose a couple of games certain posters will turn again.
What Forward Press said

Just saying, we’re bumping all these old threads laughing at how negative we were but there’s plenty of time left in the season for melts...

then we’ll be bumping the threads we made after Round 8, laughing at how optimistic we were...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back