WC only non Vic Premiership of last 10 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched bits of the 18GF last night on Youtube and took this screenshot.

Crazy. We actually should've won by 5 goals as we were dominant from this point on View attachment 1522212

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Masto should have nailed his shot and completed the prefect redemption arc from Judd trade pick to whipping boy to GF hero. We would then have kicked away and won well.......

Masto should have nailed his shot and completed the prefect redemption arc from Judd trade pick to whipping boy to GF hero. We would then have kicked away and won well.......
Masto played the best game of his career in a gf.

Not to be despised. He wasnt the judd replacement but he was a core part of that flag.

I found this interesting. When Vic clubs don't think we are disadvantaged one only has to compare our travels every second week amongst the world and not just our own little country bubble.
When we travel to play Melbourne or Sydney for instant it's equivalent to us traveling from London to Moscow.
And not that far off the distance from US to France.

We basically are traveling around the world. No wonder we don't have many players playing past 30. So next time someone says something tell them to travel around the world and see how they like it.

Thank you and good night.
My work here is done

Screenshot_2022-09-30-20-21-49-00_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2022-09-28-19-31-31-17_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Last edited:
I found this interesting. When Vic clubs don't think we are disadvantaged one only has to compare our travels every second week amongst the world and not just our own little country bubble.
When we travel to play Melbourne or Sydney for instant it's equivalent to us traveling from London to Moscow.

We basically are traveling around the world. No wonder we don't have many players playing past 30. So next time someone says something tell them to travel around the world and see how they like it.

My work here is done

View attachment 1522781
View attachment 1522771
London to Moscow is the same flight time as Perth to Kununurra. Which is still within WA.

Wasn't sure where to post this but was thinking about our 12 year premiership gaps.

After 2018 we'd all be disappointed waiting another 12 years for a flag but it's now been 5 years since our last one and the stage we're at if we can grab one within the next 7 years would be brilliant.

You get 1 maybe 2 shots every decade so history says we take our chance so hope history repeats.

Wasn't sure where to post this but was thinking about our 12 year premiership gaps.

After 2018 we'd all be disappointed waiting another 12 years for a flag but it's now been 5 years since our last one and the stage we're at if we can grab one within the next 7 years would be brilliant.

You get 1 maybe 2 shots every decade so history says we take our chance so hope history repeats.

Yeah but Split Enz says history never repeats, so who are we to believe?

I would say we're perfectly placed to get to a GF in the next 7 years. Last year forced us to bottom out hard. If we have another bottom 4 finish then we can raid another really strong draft.

The 2021-2023 drafts will give us a good core of young top talent. We can round out the team through the draft and trades and we should be back contending in a few years (prob a couple years in the 8, the a drop as the vets retire and then we're on).

Yeah but Split Enz says history never repeats, so who are we to believe?
Look I used to believe this mantra but that was my mistake. It's nice to know that such a belief is just stuff and nonsense.
I wake up every single night and I hope I never think that way again.

Far be it for me to create another great divide but I think if the team and the staff just has the simple master plan to think one step ahead and, maybe, if we just give it a whirl we might see success. First things first, we've got to stop being clumsy. We do, after all, play the roughest, toughest game in the world. It never ceases to amaze me how much mind over matter can affect a professional sports team.

And if this plan doesn't work, then, without a doubt, it's time for a change.
But what do I know? Maybe I'm just getting carried away with the above thoughts. Hopefully you can make sense of it.
I guess I'm lucky that nobody takes my seriously anyway.

Last edited:
Look I used to believe this mantra but that was my mistake. It's nice to know that such a belief is just stuff and nonsense.
I wake up every single night and I hope I never think that way again.

Far be it for me to create another great divide but I think if the team and the staff just has the simple master plan to think one step ahead and, maybe, if we just give it a whirl we might see success. First things first, we've got to stop being clumsy. We do, after all, play the roughest, toughest game in the world. It never ceases to amaze me how much mind over matter can affect a professional sports team.

And if this plan doesn't work, then, without a doubt, it's time for a change.
But what do I know? Maybe I'm just getting carried away with the above thoughts. Hopefully you can make sense of it.
I guess I'm lucky that nobody takes my seriously anyway.
Six Months In A Leaky Boat would be a good theme song for our 2022 season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My work here is done

View attachment 1522781
View attachment 1522771
I dunno man, the lines from London to Moscow vs Perth to Sydney are the same length, just sayin'...

Absolutely. The goal should be to have a team good enough to have an extended run at the premiership. Which has landed us floor premierships across three eras.

Hopefully we can get a side fit enough and good enough for long enough to get multiple flags in one era again.

Obviously we've also been lucky to win a few grand finals in 06 & 2018.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

If we bottom out this season, it's an official tank.
Just can't imagine what excuse could be used for scraping the bottom again?
But those picks sure would be sweet going forward!

I’ll wait for the AFL’s urgent and official enquiry into why interstate clubs haven’t won more than 1 flag in the last ten years and how to fix that problem..

Somehow I don’t think it will happen.. I wonder why? 🙄
Hopefully Gil does a farewell tour and we can thank him on game day in a manner that is appropriate to his corrupt MCG deal.

Not a Melbourne Victory kick off, but perhaps something akin to the crowd turning its back on him punctuated with a Hadlee style Gils a w***er chant

Hopefully Gil does a farewell tour and we can thank him on game day in a manner that is appropriate to his corrupt MCG deal.

Not a Melbourne Victory kick off, but perhaps something akin to the crowd turning its back on him punctuated with a Hadlee style Gils a w***er chant
images.jpeg-18.jpg

Has anyone picked this up already? (Surely so) Naitanui & Tony Notte @ 2005 qualifying final v Swans

Attachments

• received_552543776902973.jpeg
    received_552543776902973.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 56

Remove this Banner Ad

Back