WCE 2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Woutizmoo

Team Captain
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Here is West Coasts fixture for 2021 for all of us to digest

R1 West Coast Eagles v Gold Coast Suns, Optus Stadium (6:10pm) (Sunday)
R2 Western Bulldogs v West Coast Eagles, Marvel Stadium (3:20pm) (Sunday)
R3 West Coast Eagles v Port Adelaide, Optus Stadium (8:10pm) (Saturday)
R4 St Kilda v West Coast Eagles, Marvel Stadium (4:35pm) (Saturday)
R5 West Coast Eagles v Collingwood, Optus Stadium (8:10pm) (Friday)
R6 Geelong Cats v West Coast Eagles, GMHBA Stadium (1:45pm) (Saturday)
R7 West Coast Eagles v Fremantle, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R8 Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles, MCG Time TBA
R9 West Coast Eagles v Adelaide Crows, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R10 GWS Giants v West Coast Eagles, Giants Stadium Time TBA
R11 West Coast Eagles v Essendon, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R12 Carlton v West Coast Eagles, MCG Time TBA
R13 Bye
R14 West Coast Eagles v Richmond, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R15 West Coast Eagles v Western Bulldogs, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R16 Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles, SCG Time TBA
R17 West Coast Eagles v North Melbourne, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R18 Adelaide Crows v West Coast Eagles, Adelaide Oval Time TBA
R19 West Coast Eagles v St Kilda, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R20 Collingwood v West Coast Eagles, MCG Time TBA
R21 West Coast Eagles v Melbourne, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R22 Fremantle v West Coast Eagles, Optus Stadium Time TBA
R23 Brisbane Lions v West Coast Eagles, Gabba Time TBA

Double ups: Freo, Lollingwood, Western Bullfrogs, Radeleide, St Kilda
No Tasmania: win, Richmond at home (y)

Was just about to make a thread :)

A lot can change but, my thoughts:
-Happy with those double-ups
-I'm ok with the travel aspect too. Retained 3 MCG games (none of them early in the year). Avoided Tassie. We unfortunately are travelling to Geelong instead. And on a selfish note as I want an excuse to go - 2x games in NSW

It is a pretty tough opening period, playing 5 top 8 teams from 2020 from rnds 2-7. Come out of that better than 50/50 and our season is setup. The back end of the year is also pretty gentle, which will help our older players who may need rests.

To be any shot I think we need to be 5-2 after 7 rounds.

Personally still think we don't as a team have the ability to link the midfield to the forwards well enough to win the premiership. Our best 22 on form is best in league but unless something significant changes or all the conditions run to our favour I don't see us as a top 2 team over a full year. If we don't finish top 2 we don't make the grand final.

So kind of the AFL to schedule our last game of the year at the Gabba - the longest trip of the season.

Depends on rest days before. If it's a sunday afternoon game and we have 7 days break leading in we're a shot. Having the longest trip as the last game of the season is actually a huge bonus as you have a bye the week after.

So kind of the AFL to schedule our last game of the year at the Gabba - the longest trip of the season.
With the pre-finals bye it isn't the worst time to have it. Get a week off afterwards instead of slamming it in the middle of the season where we'd have to back it up the following week.

Same happened in 2018.

Mark LeCras.gif

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Early glance, i actually don't mind it from a difficulty standpoint.

Our double ups are all pretty easy i reckon, at least it looks that way, courtesy of getting bundled out week 1.

From a spectacle standpoint, it looks pretty s**t. The trash sunday timeslot pisses me right off. I know specific times haven't been allocated, but if you look on the AFL site, i think the order in which the games are listed, is what they are due to be played in. So no blockbuster timeslots, just Sunday trash or daytime Saturdays when i'll most likely being playing ammo's anyway. Ugh.

Almost struggle picking my initial 5 games to see as a flexi member this year kent Hai_Newman

Reckon i'll go

Fold Coast opener (R1)
Port sat night (R3)
)
Pies game on friday night (R5)
Derby afternoon (R7)
Tiger flogs sunday afternoon (r14)

Early glance i actually don't mind it from a difficulty standpoint.

Our double ups are all pretty easy i reckon, at least it looks that way.

From a Spectacle standpoint, it looks pretty sh*t. The sh*t sunday timeslot pisses me right off. I know specific times haven't been allocated, but if you look on the AFL site, i think the order in which the games are listed, is what they are due to be played in. So no blockbuster timeslots, just Sunday trash or daytime Saturdays when i'll most likely being playing ammo's anyway. Ugh.

Almost struggle picking my initial 5 games to see as a flexi member this year kent Hai_Newman

Reckon i'll go

Fold Coast opener (R1)
Port sat night (R3)
)
Derby afternoon (R7)
Pretty sure I read that those later rounds are listed in alphabetical order

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty happy with the draw. :whitecheck: :whitecheck:

Question for those with their finger more on the pulse: When did Brisbane last have to travel to Perth to play us ?

That can't be right. Explain this for round 18

I think the schedule is correct, the times/day is not. So if we're the 2nd last match in round 18 i'm presuming it's early sunday in Adelaide.

View attachment 1030913

It's alphabetical except where the timezones are different.

Pretty happy with the draw. :whitecheck: :whitecheck:

Question for those with their finger more on the pulse: When did Brisbane last have to travel to Perth to play us ?
2017 and we smashed them :)

Everyone calm down.

TIMESLOTS are floating, i think the SCHEDULE is the proposed schedule.

Ie. If we're scheduled for the last match of the round they might bring us forward to 12pm on a Sunday rather than 2.40pm for example.

Time tweaks, not schedule tweaks.

Ya feel me?

Everyone calm down.

TIMESLOTS are floating, i think the SCHEDULE is the proposed schedule.

Ie. If we're scheduled for the last match of the round they might bring us forward to 12pm on a Sunday rather than 2.40pm for example.

Time tweaks, not schedule tweaks.

Ya feel me?
If this is true, logically follows that Carlton v West Coast will be on a Thursday or Friday ie the first scheduled game
Yeah nah. I think the listed order is random :)

Early glance, i actually don't mind it from a difficulty standpoint.

Our double ups are all pretty easy i reckon, at least it looks that way, courtesy of getting bundled out week 1.

From a spectacle standpoint, it looks pretty sh*t. The trash sunday timeslot pisses me right off. I know specific times haven't been allocated, but if you look on the AFL site, i think the order in which the games are listed, is what they are due to be played in. So no blockbuster timeslots, just Sunday trash or daytime Saturdays when i'll most likely being playing ammo's anyway. Ugh.

Reckon i'll go

Fold Coast opener (R1)
Port sat night (R3)
)
Derby afternoon (R7)
Yeap like all them games, nice early Sunday beers very much appeals for the first game too bruvs.

30th July, 2017 | Round 19 | WCE 17.11.113 - BL 6.9.45

Kennedy kicked 6 goals, S.Mitchell 27 disposals and Sheed gave a sign of the future, with a then career-best match of 29 disposals and 2 goals.

Karpany played his 7th career match, tallying 8 disposals.

The Lions are still yet to play at the new stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back