Fixture WCE Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Like last year, it is a bit of a relief to see us away to Sydney, meaning we won't have to travel to the SCG. Last year away to Geelong meant we didnt have to go to GMHBA.

So Gather Round has 4 non Vic teams having to play in country SA?

This corrupt, putrid stain of an organisation just can’t help itself.
Playing in country SA will be sick though. Should be more regional fixtures.

Tempted to drive over for it.

Anyone know the size of Mt Barker Oval vs the SCG?

Quick google says it’s 160m long by 141m wide which is roughly the same width of the MCG and slightly shorter

No trips to Darwin too

Considering we finished last, looking positive FB_IMG_1699839049942.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies, but couldn't see a thread on this, delete if it's duplicated.

1st positive....no trip to the SCGView attachment 1850966
The "Gather" round - AFL's way of giving the Adelaide clubs a leg-up in exchange for a truck-load of dollars.

Who said the AFL wasnt an even comp??? Most corrupt sporting organisation I have ever seen and this includes FIFA.

The "Gather" round - AFL's way of giving the Adelaide clubs a leg-up in exchange for a truck-load of dollars.

Who said the AFL wasnt an even comp??? Most corrupt sporting organisation I have ever seen and this includes FIFA.
Gather round should be rotated by WA, SA and QLD as we do the most travel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Gather Round has 4 non Vic teams having to play in country SA?

This corrupt, putrid stain of an organisation just can’t help itself.
Mount barker is 33km's from Adelaide
Joondalup is 26km's from Perth.
Mt barker may be considered country in S.A.but it would be well inside Perth's metro boundary and closer than a trip to Mandurah.

Mount barker is 33km's from Adelaide
Joondalup is 26km's from Perth.
Mt barker may be considered country in S.A.but it would be well inside Perth's metro boundary and closer than a trip to Mandurah.

Mt Barker is practically in Adelaide.

80% of adults living in My Barker would commute to Adelaide for work.

No one here really considers it country.

The Adelaide Hills are fairly unique in Australia I think (50 odd towns, possibly more, dotted throughout with 5-10km between towns and with only 500-3000 odd people in each, excluding any Baker which has over 20K), all within 50km of the Capital.

The Adelaide Hills are fairly unique in Australia I think (50 odd towns, possibly more, dotted throughout with 5-10km between towns and with only 500-3000 odd people in each, excluding any Baker which has over 20K), all within 50km of the Capital.
Tell that to garlic munchers

Would they be comparable to Mundaring, Sawyer's Valley, Kalamunda, Roleystone etc here in Perth or is it a very different set up?

Would they be comparable to Mundaring, Sawyer's Valley, Kalamunda, Roleystone etc here in Perth or is it a very different set up?

I’m from Adelaide (actually grew up in Mt Barker) and have no knowledge of those places.

But from a google map check I’d say it looks similar, but more towns over a larger area and closer to the city, in the Adelaide Hills.

FFS just looked at Freo’s home game in round 1…Brisbane.

So the AFL is unlikely to send them to Perth twice in a season so we’re going to be playing them AGAIN at the Gabba it seems. ******* corrupt bush league.
Why is playing in Brisbane corrupt? We're already not travelling to Sydney once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back