Fixture WCE Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we’re playing Port at Adelaide Oval in Round 1.

That's a really boring opening game. We'll probably get smashed due to the talent gap, so we won't learn much about how our players are developing (compared to playing someone around or level).

Why is playing in Brisbane corrupt? We're already not travelling to Sydney once.
Because we’ve been at Optus Stadium since the 2018 season and are yet to play Brisbane there. We’re saddled with our annual trip up to the Gabba.

Only twice in the past 20 seasons has Brisbane had two away games in a year against Freo and West Coast. We’ve played Brisbane and GC away in a season three times in the past 12 seasons since Fold Coast came into the competition.

Last edited:

Mount barker is 33km's from Adelaide
Joondalup is 26km's from Perth.
Mt barker may be considered country in S.A.but it would be well inside Perth's metro boundary and closer than a trip to Mandurah.

So the comparison is having an option of playing a main season game at Joondalup or Optus stadium?

Can just see all the clubs beating the door down to choose Joondalup.

FFS just looked at Freo’s home game in round 1…Brisbane.

So the AFL is unlikely to send them to Perth twice in a season so we’re going to be playing them AGAIN at the Gabba it seems. ******* corrupt bush league.
Can we maybe wait til we find out where we play them before we melt about where we play them?

I'm actually looking forward to Port round 1

Opening their season to the worse team of the past 2 years, what a way to start the year.

Being round 1, we should be healthy and have out best 22 out there

I'm actually looking forward to Port round 1

Opening their season to the worse team of the past 2 years, what a way to start the year.

Being round 1, we should be healthy and have out best 22 out t
Hopefully no training mishaps, early word is the hunger is back. I just can't wait full stop for some footy again

BRISBANE AT OPTUS!!!!!

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

Quick glance and fairly favourable draw as you would expect.

Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn, North, Freo, Gold Coast all twice.

Tough run to start the year however. Port away, Giants home, Bulldogs away and Sydney in gather round.

In saying that, we won two of those corresponding games last year.

I think 1-3 is realistic to start.

Fixture for 2024 dropped:

Rd1: PA v WCE
Rd2: WCE v GWS
Rd3: WB v WCE
Rd4: WCE v SYD (gather round)
Rd5: WCE v RICH
Rd6: WCE v FREO
Rd7: GCS v WCE
Rd8: WCE v DONS
Rd9: COLL v WCE (at Marvel)
Rd10: WCE v MELB
Rd11: ADE v WCE
Rd12: WCE v STK
Rd13: WCE v NORTH
Rd14: BYE
Rd15: DONS v WCE
Rd16: WCE v HAWKS
Rd17: MELB v WCE
Rd18: WCE v BRIS (optus)
Rd19: STK v WCE
Rd20: FREO v WCE
Rd21: WCE v GCS
Rd22: NORTH v WCE (Tassie)
Rd23: WCE v CARL
Rd24: GEE v WCE (GMHBA)

Floating fixture from 15 onwards so nothing on that yet.
We play Freo and Essendon Twice. We also play Gold Coast, St.Kilda, Melbourne and North Melb Twice as well.
No 5 day breaks for us either.

Last edited:
Quick glance and fairly favourable draw as you would expect.

Essendon, St Kilda, Hawthorn, North, Freo, Gold Coast all twice.

Tough run to start the year however. Port away, Giants home, Bulldogs away and Sydney in gather round.

In saying that, we won two of those corresponding games last year.

I think 1-3 is realistic to start.

It’s a brutal start on paper when you consider we played an undermanned GWS before they really got their game together and Port was a top 4 team, and Sydney looked very good early on last year and again late.

We will know precisely where we’re at by conclusion of R2.

At best we could he 2-2 and worst 0-4 with four big thumpings to start the year in a difficult way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's a great draw to be honest!

Negatives;

• Tough start - but not unwinnable
  • Hobart and Geelong to finish the year
  • Can't show off Harley in front of the NM faithful
Positives;

• No trips to NSW
  • 1 trip to QLD (early in the year too)
  • 3 trips to SA (short flights)
  • 4 games at Marvel (great record there)
  • Return games against GC, Freo, Melbourne, St Kilda, AC, Essendon

We obviously don't deserve many prime time games (though with two games on Saturday nights you would have throught they could have given us a couple more) but it is baffling to me that the Dockers got three Friday night home games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back